Offensive Scheme | Syracusefan.com

Offensive Scheme

Hoov50

Starter
In this game our offense has almost exclusively been pick and roll. We have passed to the "roller" ONE time. Why run this offense if the guy rolling to the basket is essentially ignored?!

This is a serious question, I am hoping I am missing something.

2lktkpd.jpg

In this game our offense has almost exclusively been pick and roll. We have passed to the "roller" ONE time. Why run this offense if the guy rolling to the basket is essentially ignored?!

This is a serious question, I am hoping I am missing something.

It's been this way for awhile and its been completely ineffective for awhile for 2 reasons:

1. The screener has no skill set to allow him to be effective that far away from the hoop;
2. It draws a big away from the basket where he could actually be useful rebounding.

I noticed that in another game. Lydon seems to pop rather than roll a lot. Now him popping is a solid play since he's a good shooter, just gotta balance things.

sorry but i think you're making a few rather bold presumptions :

#1 ) we have actually scouted the opponents defensive tendencies and devised a plan to attack it
#2 ) we have actually scouted the opponents offensive tendencies and designed a plan to stop it.

the zone is zen. believe or be gone.

In the second half they were very effective with it. Lydon was rolling and set up several guys underneath for easy scores. He can also shoot. Its when Robot Roberson is out there setting them that its useless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom