Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

Nailed it.
Eli is a clutch QB if he gets in the spot it’s needed but he isn’t the guy who can carry an inferior roster like Rodgers and Brady.
Those are guys you hold onto till the last possible time.
Eli is a bottom half QB right now because QB play is at an alltime high right now. It’s just people like Kaiser and a larger extend Francesca. These fans are emotional about the guy. I get being loyal but it’s also the Eli lover don’t see the roster isn’t there for him to just be the last piece.

If Eli was the Jacksonville QB with that D I think he could win another SB.
With this Giants roster your just hoping the division is like the AFC East and you guys can steal it and get in.

Giants should try to get in this year but it’s not likely to happen and like the Patriots they need to spend a top pick on a QB successor.
My team is on borrowed time as well it’s just Brady can carry an inferior roster in an inferior league.

FWIW, per N.F.L.com, Eli is 12th in QB rating right now.

on the other sided, What is up with the eagles? They frankly look like a bad team...

FWIW, per N.F.L.com, Eli is 12th in QB rating right now.
Passer rating isn’t a great stat.
It mainly relies on completion percentage, and not turning the ball over.
Eli doesn’t take shots down the field thus his QB rating is inflated.
QBR factors in score of the game, and other conditions in game.
In that stat Eli is 19th.
NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN

It isn’t hard to say he is a bottom half QB in the league now. The reason why QBs are dominating right now in the league. It’s become college football lite in the NFL.
Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady who are the top 2 QBs aren’t even top 5 in performance thus far thru 5 weeks.

on the other sided, What is up with the eagles? They frankly look like a bad team...
Wentz is coming back from an ACL which typically takes an extra year from the year injury for the QB to be what they were pre injury.
Philly isn’t jumping ahead of teams this year. They were ahead in almost all of their games last year.
They won’t win repeat but Wentz will be back to elite status as the rust comes off.

It isn’t hard to say he is a bottom half QB in the league now. The reason why QBs are dominating right now in the league. It’s become college football lite in the NFL.
Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady who are the top 2 QBs aren’t even top 5 in performance thus far thru 5 weeks.

It’s opinion if one rating is better than the other. I could also say shots downfield could also be impacted by having time. Looking at sacks, it’s not pretty.

Does any other QB get held to the criticism level of Eli??

He’s a gunslinger, and when he slings it, more often than not...his idiot receivers drop it, run the wrong route or get out played and it’s an INT...and he gets killed for it.

He does what everyone else is doing with short passes and drop offs, still throws for 4K yards...and he gets killed for it.

Ridonkulous

This team was a mess, Reese sucked. Gettleman is dragging this team out of the abyss and Eli is the one holding and pulling the most rope.

Barkley was a great pick, once this line is functional and Eli is gone...Saquan will make whatever QB we have look good while he learns the league.

There was absolutely zero reason to waste a pick this year on the crappy QB class that came out.

ZERO

Worry about your own teams,

The Big Blue Wrecking Crew is fine.

Does any other QB get held to the criticism level of Eli??

He’s a gunslinger, and when he slings it, more often than not...his idiot receivers drop it, run the wrong route or get out played and it’s an INT...and he gets killed for it.

He does what everyone else is doing with short passes and drop offs, still throws for 4K yards...and he gets killed for it.

Ridonkulous

This team was a mess, Reese sucked. Gettleman is dragging this team out of the abyss and Eli is the one holding and pulling the most rope.

Barkley was a great pick, once this line is functional and Eli is gone...Saquan will make whatever QB we have look good while he learns the league.

There was absolutely zero reason to waste a pick this year on the crappy QB class that came out.

ZERO

Worry about your own teams,

The Big Blue Wrecking Crew is fine.
Cam Newton gets way more criticism than Eli.
I can go on with DeShaun Watson, Dak, pretty much every QB gets criticism when they deserve it.
Giants fans think Eli is never the problem.
He is the problem for your offense.
The weapons he has are elite.
The OL excuse is weak. He has a new LT and new guards.
If you don’t think the guy has been subpar for years it’s just blind love of the guy.
Barkley is a great player. It’s just his shelve life isn’t going to be long and when he is good you will have to pay a position where it’s insane to spend top of the market on.
The 90s NFL RBs mattered. Modern NFL you need either an elite QB or elite D to win a championship.
Just realize Eli isn’t being picked on he is being evaluated by non homers as the problem.

I can go on with DeShaun Watson, Dak, pretty much every QB gets criticism when they deserve it.
If you don’t think the guy has been subpar for years it’s just blind love of the guy.
Barkley is a great player. It’s just his shelve life isn’t going to be long and when he is good you will have to pay a position where it’s insane to spend top of the market on.
The 90s NFL RBs mattered. Modern NFL you need either an elite QB or elite D to win a championship.
Just realize Eli isn’t being picked on he is being evaluated by non homers as the problem.
You yourself said our new LT sucked...you are right.

But he’s eons better than flowers so there’s that. We have a rookie G who at times has played worse than a rookie...see Cowboys game, Dallas. And the other G was CUT by Tom Coughlin who doesn’t make personnel mistakes. At times they have been atrocious, at other times we strive to be atrocious. Eli has a choice of who to hand the ball to, Saquan or the DL.

Despite this lack of a running game, Eli is still throwing for a ton of yards and keeping up with the young guns.

Eli’s problem is he’s not Peyton. Cam gets shlit on because he’s got million dollar talent and a 2cent brain. Dak just sucks. How’s luck and carr doing?? Bens running game takes a siesta and he gets a free pass. What’s matty ice up to? Stafford?? Please...

Give me Eli and give him time and it W City.

He’s still top 10.

But he’s eons better than flowers so there’s that. We have a rookie G who at times has played worse than a rookie...see Cowboys game, Dallas. And the other G was CUT by Tom Coughlin who doesn’t make personnel mistakes. At times they have been atrocious, at other times we strive to be atrocious. Eli has a choice of who to hand the ball to, Saquan or the DL.

Despite this lack of a running game, Eli is still throwing for a ton of yards and keeping up with the young guns.

Eli’s problem is he’s not Peyton. Cam gets shlit on because he’s got million dollar talent and a 2cent brain. Dak just sucks. How’s luck and carr doing?? Bens running game takes a siesta and he gets a free pass. What’s matty ice up to? Stafford?? Please...

He’s still top 10.
I said Solder was overrated and overpaid.
He isn’t an elite LT but he is middle of the road who got paid like he was elite.
Eli is a bottom half of the league QB right now. It’s because QB play is at an alltime high. I could recite the stats from the article I linked but I won’t.

Why did the line suddenly jump to giants +1?

I said Solder was overrated and overpaid.
He isn’t an elite LT but he is middle of the road who got paid like he was elite.
Eli is a bottom half of the league QB right now. It’s because QB play is at an alltime high. I could recite the stats from the article I linked but I won’t.
Well, we need wins for sure.

But Ranaan is one of the butt hurt Giants columnists who wanted him and TC gone 12 years ago and can’t let go that he was once wrong so he has been crusading to be right now.

He’s still top 10.

Your bias is ridiculous. It's really weird too. Eli Manning is not a top 10 QB. Sorry. Not sure what there is to discuss.

Your bias is ridiculous. It's really weird too. Eli Manning is not a top 10 QB. Sorry. Not sure what there is to discuss.

He’s good enough to win with and has never been the problem with the offense. If people can go overboard in their criticisms of him because it’s cool to rip on Eli, a diehard Giants fan can be biased the other way.

LOL at the “OLine excuse is weak”. These games have always been won and lost up front and that has stayed consistent even while the rest of the league has changed.

do the giants get to start with extra pts now that the league has again admitted a totally screwed up call.. just go to the college rule for calls like this if the coach wants to waste his challenge

He’s good enough to win with and has never been the problem with the offense. If people can go overboard in their criticisms of him because it’s cool to rip on Eli, a diehard Giants fan can be biased the other way.
I agree!

I can’t believe drafting a RB over a QB was even considered.

Last edited: