Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

Saquon is fantastic, QBs are just too important and Eli hasn’t been good. Bigger concern is that, IMO, we have the wrong GM / coach so we’re all sorts of screwed unless we just tank for two years straight.
Eli has fallen off the Max Kellerman cliff that he is obsessed with Brady over.
Even when he got protection he looked like he was rattled.
Barkley was a player to add if the Giants were close. It seems Gettleman thought the Giants were a player away and that is why a good portion of your fanbase thought you guys were a real contender.

Saquon is fantastic, QBs are just too important and Eli hasn’t been good. Bigger concern is that, IMO, we have the wrong GM / coach so we’re all sorts of screwed unless we just tank for two years straight.

Gettleman is too old to tank. OBJ is signed.

Going young, dumping OBJ, getting a ton of picks for #2 didn't happen. Team needs to rebuild that line more and get a guy more fleet a foot in the pocket.

Next year KaiserUEO isn't starting this thread.

Going young, dumping OBJ, getting a ton of picks for #2 didn't happen. Team needs to rebuild that line more and get a guy more fleet a foot in the pocket.

In my perfect world we get a solid OL in the draft next year but still stink and get Tua in 2020.

A man can dream.

Cam Newton gets way more criticism than Eli.
I can go on with DeShaun Watson, Dak, pretty much every QB gets criticism when they deserve it.
Giants fans think Eli is never the problem.
He is the problem for your offense.
The weapons he has are elite.
The OL excuse is weak. He has a new LT and new guards.
If you don’t think the guy has been subpar for years it’s just blind love of the guy.
Barkley is a great player. It’s just his shelve life isn’t going to be long and when he is good you will have to pay a position where it’s insane to spend top of the market on.
The 90s NFL RBs mattered. Modern NFL you need either an elite QB or elite D to win a championship.
Just realize Eli isn’t being picked on he is being evaluated by non homers as the problem.
i think the Oline is a huge issue and you are downplaying it too much.

There is a noticeable difference between the amount of time opposing o lines give their QBs and the amount of time Eli has.

And he has become so used to having to get rid of the ball so quickly that, on those few occasions when the line actually gives him some time, he rushes the throw.

The right side of the line is horrendous and Hernandez is a run blocker who’s adequate in pass pro. Dumping it all on Eli is short sighted.

If you know your QB can’t create with his feet then in today’s NFL your pass pro better be set, and it’s not. You either invest heavily in the line or you find a guy who can move.

Being the tail end of Eli’s career I would think the latter is the priority.

And Saquan’s amazing.

Kaiser may have been overly ambitious but at the time five wins seemed like something doable. :)

Last edited:
Eli is not the problem.

My god people, do any of you understand football???

Is he wrong for an offense with no OL??

Sure, why the Fluck not.

Was Barkley a bad pick??

Hahahahahahahahaha...get lost losers.

Should they have drafted a QB??

Fluck NO.

1 of the biggest problems the Giants have is OBJ is piece of shlit and is a lousy receiver.,

I dare u boys to watch the All22.

I realize you don’t get football, so post when I are and we can sink up together and I’ll gice u my cell.

I have Odell on my fantasy team. This it the recap from last night fwiw

"Beckham once again hauled in some poorly-thrown Eli Manning passes and broke tackles after the catch to gain extra yardage, but it was all short stuff as the Giants are not looking down the field very often. Beckham should bounce back, but Manning's play is a drag on his production."

Eli is not the problem.

Sure, why the Fluck not.

Was Barkley a bad pick??

Fluck NO.

1 of the biggest problems the Giants have is OBJ is piece of shlit and is a lousy receiver.,

I realize you don’t get football, so post when I are and we can sink up together and I’ll gice u my cell.

Eli is god awful. He is A problem with the team . Not the only problem. However, this is part of a tank plan

Let Eli go out there and lose , lose, lose, the rest of the season, then draft his replacement.

Make sure that Barkley doesn't get overused in this meaningless season. No more than 10-15 carries a game please. save him for when the competitive window is open.

Eli is not the problem.

Sure, why the Fluck not.

Was Barkley a bad pick??

Fluck NO.

You lost by 3 TDs.
The OL is poor.
The QB is poor.
You are literally the only person who won’t say Eli is a problem.
Nobody has said Barkley sucks what has been said is the pick of Barkley was questionable when your QB is poor. Plus the position of RB isn’t one that is worth the value of a top 5 pick.
NYG OL isn’t helping but your QB is toast. Why you refuse to just say it.
He won 2 SBs nobody can take those from the guy but he is done.

You lost by 3 TDs.
The OL is poor.
The QB is poor.
You are literally the only person who won’t say Eli is a problem.
Nobody has said Barkley sucks what has been said is the pick of Barkley was questionable when your QB is poor. Plus the position of RB isn’t one that is worth the value of a top 5 pick.
NYG OL isn’t helping but your QB is toast. Why you refuse to just say it.
He won 2 SBs nobody can take those from the guy but he is done.
He’s a problem in that he is not moble.

But I’m nit sure Michael Vick would fare any better.

He’s a problem in that he is not moble.

But I’m nit sure Michael Vick would fare any better.
So basically the pass continues. Sometimes the buck stops with the QB. Eli has had a 14 year run but the guy is not playing well.
6 TD passes in 6 games.
19.5 points per game. Just say it’s been a great run and enjoy the last year. Even Francesca finally said the guy isn’t playing well but then immediately went after OBJ after the game on his app thing.

Just looks like a QB who’s been hit too much. He is seeing rushers when they aren’t even there. Hasn’t aged as well as Brady or Brees, but then again neither did his brother.

43768554_1208803679251330_3793003975511375872_n.jpg

What's going on with the OL? Didn't the Giants spend a good amount of money and draft capital in addressing that?

Eli didn’t play well yesterday, nobody outside of Barkley did.

I felt the game was over on the opening kick when we nearly fumbled it.

Then it was over when that ridiculous...only happens to Eli...INT occurred.

I booed him loudly off the field after 1 check down 3 & out.

But the Eli hate and over the top scrutiny make me defend him and point out the ridiculousness of this team.

Reese really did a number on them and ruined the last 6 years of Eli’s HOF career.

if they had drafted any of these QBs they would not be a better spot now.. but since they likely will be just as bad they probably get the same QB next yr and also have a solid RB and need 1 WR to have a solid WR core too. no idea how to fix the oline but 1-2 FA can solve that if you just get solid not great guys.

Saquon was always going to be a bad pick. It's just a horrific value. Even if you hit on him, there's no value there; you're already paying him top dollar for the RB position. Drafting Saquon was all risk and no real reward. I'm not going to say that the Giants absolutely needed to take a QB there; if they simply didn't like this past year's crop of QBs, that's understandable. But taking a RB was always a bad idea.

Having said that, as far as the QB position goes, I think Lauletta is a very talented guy. I'm not sure he has the arm to be the long-term solution, but he definitely deserves a shot at it given how poorly Eli is playing. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Lauletta turns into an Alex Smith-level QB.

What's going on with the OL? Didn't the Giants spend a good amount of money and draft capital in addressing that?

Solder and Hernandez have been solid. Unfortunately their C that was playing very well is hurt and his replacement sucks. The RG and RT both suck as well. Obviously the Flowers pick was a major bust for them. The RG that they signed this offseason was coming off a poor year and 3 straight years of major regression, so it shouldn't be a surprise that he hasn't been good this year either. I'm not really sure why they gave him the contract that they did.

Eli didn’t play well yesterday, nobody outside of Barkley did.

I felt the game was over on the opening kick when we nearly fumbled it.

Then it was over when that ridiculous...only happens to Eli...INT occurred.

I booed him loudly off the field after 1 check down 3 & out.

But the Eli hate and over the top scrutiny make me defend him and point out the ridiculousness of this team.

Reese really did a number on them and ruined the last 6 years of Eli’s HOF career.
Eli hate isn’t over the top the guy is career 112-108.
The guy hasn’t been a top 10 QB in the league and you make him put him in Rothlisberger league.
Eli has 2 SBs which will never go away but the guy is incredibly overrated in the hierarchy of alltime QBs.
Just like the defense carried Tom Brady to first 2 of his SB titles and the Pitt D carried Ben to his 2 SBs the same is true for Eli.

Eli hate isn’t over the top the guy is career 112-108.
The guy hasn’t been a top 10 QB in the league and you make him put him in Rothlisberger league.
Eli has 2 SBs which will never go away but the guy is incredibly overrated in the hierarchy of alltime QBs.
Just like the defense carried Tom Brady to first 2 of his SB titles and the Pitt D carried Ben to his 2 SBs the same is true for Eli.
I wish Eli played with all the HOF talent Ben got to play with.

I wish Eli played with all the HOF talent Ben got to play with.
Steelers
Antonio Brown
Hines Ward
Antwan Randle-El
Santonio Holmes
Michael Wallace
Juju Smith-Schuster
Heath Miller
Manny Sanders
Jerome Betts
Leveon Bell

Giants
Odell Beckham Jr.
Amani Toomer
Plaxico Burress
Hakeem Nicks
Mario Manningham
Victor Cruz
Jeremy Shockey
Tiki Barber
Ahmed Bradshaw
Brandon Jacobs

I don’t think the difference is as much as you want to admit.

Steelers
Antonio Brown
Hines Ward
Antwan Randle-El
Santonio Holmes
Michael Wallace
Juju Smith-Schuster
Heath Miller
Manny Sanders
Jerome Betts
Leveon Bell

Giants
Odell Beckham Jr.
Amani Toomer
Plaxico Burress
Hakeem Nicks
Mario Manningham
Victor Cruz
Jeremy Shockey
Tiki Barber
Ahmed Bradshaw
Brandon Jacobs

I don’t think the difference is as much as you want to admit.
You’re out of your mind.

A whole bunch of 1 season guys Eli created and a few old hags when he got here doesn’t compare to the studs in that Steeler lineup.