Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

Eli didn’t play well yesterday, nobody outside of Barkley did.

I felt the game was over on the opening kick when we nearly fumbled it.

Then it was over when that ridiculous...only happens to Eli...INT occurred.

I booed him loudly off the field after 1 check down 3 & out.

But the Eli hate and over the top scrutiny make me defend him and point out the ridiculousness of this team.

Reese really did a number on them and ruined the last 6 years of Eli’s HOF career.

Can't argue with your last comment. Reese was the golden boy a few years ago after that SB victory. Man he did a # on the franchise after that.

13 & 4 vs 5 and 1 on 43 vs 36...

Birds had 13 QB hits and 4 sacks on 43 drop backs vs 5 QB hits and 1 sack for the Giants on 36 drop backs.

They hit Eli 1 out of every 3 times he dropped back. Wentz got hit 1 out of every seven times he dropped back.

BTW, Eli’s best game? Carolina. 6 hits and 1 sack on 37 attempts.

Behind this offensive line, Eli is toast. Behind this offensive line, I think any QB is toast.

Behind an offensive line that can give him time, not so sure he is finished.

BTW, if there is ever been a blue print for how QB pressure can turn an HOFer into a mere mortal, it is the guy many believe is the GOAT.

2008 Super Bowl, Giants had 5 sacks and 9 hits on 48 attempts.
2016 AFC title game, Denver hit Brady a remarkable 20 times on 56 attempts.

You put Brady behind this Giants offensive line and everyone would be saying he’s done.

Last edited:

Birds had 13 QB hits and 4 sacks on 43 drop backs vs 5 QB hits and 1 sack for the Giants on 36 drop backs.

They hit Eli 1 out of every 3 times he dropped back. Wentz got hit 1 out of every seven times he dropped back.

Behind this offensive line, Eli is toast. Behind this offensive line, I think any QB is toast.

So your saying a younger mobile QB would be better than what we have now?

BTW, if there is ever been a blue print for how QB pressure can turn an HOFer into a mere mortal, it is the guy many believe is the GOAT.

2008 Super Bowl, Giants had 5 sacks and 9 hits on 48 attempts.
2016 AFC title game, Denver hit Brady a remarkable 20 times on 56 attempts.

You put Brady behind this Giants offensive line and everyone would be saying he’s done.
Brady would make it work. Ask Bills fans about week 2 2015.
Brady got rid of the ball really quick and made up for a crap OL.
The Denver AFC title game is the exception to the rule. Von Miller, Demarcus Ware were special.

If you gave the Patriots the Giants OL I am sure they would be doing better and that comes down to coaching.

Brady would make it work. Ask Bills fans about week 2 2015.
Brady got rid of the ball really quick and made up for a crap OL.
The Denver AFC title game is the exception to the rule. Von Miller, Demarcus Ware were special.

If you gave the Patriots the Giants OL I am sure they would be doing better and that comes down to coaching.

Eli effectively got the same treatment, one hit for every 3 dropbacks, that Brady got vs Broncos. Broncos was special. For Eli, it is SOP.

If Brady were subjected to that week after week, so it wasn’t “special”, I would venture his Broncos stats and 2008 SB stats would be par for the course rather than an anomaly.

You make the assumption that Pats could coach up oline. Maybe. Maybe not. Regardless, this Giants oline is managing to make “special” a weekly occurrence.

Eli effectively got the same treatment, one hit for every 3 dropbacks, that Brady got vs Broncos. Broncos was special. For Eli, it is SOP.

If Brady were subjected to that week after week, so it wasn’t “special”, I would venture his Broncos stats and 2008 SB stats would be par for the course rather than an anomaly.

You make the assumption that Pats could coach up oline. Maybe. Maybe not. Regardless, this Giants oline is managing to make “special” a weekly occurrence.
I wouldn’t start Omameh on my sons flag football team.

And I would bench solder if we were backed up on our goal line.

The good news is most of the 7 year olds catch as well as OBJ...

We ended up with a mediocre GM and coach because of having to take the pledge for Eli.

This thread is hysterical.

Yeah, the OL has challenges. But you don’t take a RB the with the second pick over a QB. I love watching Saquon, but not on a 4-12 team.

And please drop using Brady as a comparison, that’s comical.

We ended up with a mediocre GM and coach because of having to take the pledge for Eli.

This thread is hysterical.

Yeah, the OL has challenges. But you don’t take a RB the with the second pick over a QB. I love watching Saquon, but not on a 4-12 team.

And please drop using Brady as a comparison, that’s comical.
Are you talking to me?

But you don’t take a RB the with the second pick over a QB..

Im just not buying this. None of these rookie QBs available are outperforming Eli this year. So short term, we’d be worse at QB and RB.

And Id like to think they’ve got a plan for getting a better QB going forward than anyone they could’ve drafted last year. While still having Barkley - whose going to be the best RB in the league for the next 8 years.

Darnold and Allen are “eh”.

Im just not buying this. None of these rookie QBs available are outperforming Eli this year. So short term, we’d be worse at QB and RB.

And Id like to think they’ve got a plan for getting a better QB going forward than anyone they could’ve drafted last year. While still having Barkley - whose going to be the best RB in the league for the next 8 years.

Darnold and Allen are “eh”.
I was also in the draft a QB camp but it is way too early to tell if not drafting one of the QBs was a mistake. We may not know that for years.

But Barkley is clearly a real talent. Imagine what he could do if he actually had people blocking for him.

I doubt they have a plan. Eli was their plan.

But they need to fix the line and find a QB for the future. I’m not convinced Eli is dead, like a lot of people are, but he is dead behind this line and, even if they get the line fixed, what could he have left? 2 or 3 years tops? They have to find a successor whether it be next year because Eli really is toast or the line still sucks or if it is for 2-3 years down the road.

Good news is that, right now, their draft position this year looks like last year’s.

Last edited:
Barkley on pace for 1,168 rushing and 995 receiving. Imagine what he’ll do when the OL and offense as a whole aren’t a mess.

Barkley on pace for 1,168 rushing and 995 receiving. Imagine what he’ll do when the OL and offense as a whole aren’t a mess.

That's 'if', not when. Don't think they can address their OL problem in free agency, assuming they take a QB at the top of the draft, which is also not a safe assumption, depending on how the QB's grade out.

As to Barkley, he's taking a lot of contact and, contrary to popular belief, he's not bionic. That wear and tear will begin to show at some point. Hopefully for Jints fans, his window remains open after both the QB and OL issues are solved. 'Solved' being different than 'addressed'.

Plus, not sure how their cap situation shakes out with the huge contracts to Vernon and OBJ.

Last edited:
All u haters are stoopid.

If the Giants have a top, let’s just say 7 pick this year...will there be a player as good as Barkley???

No.

Will there be QBs at the same talent level as this years shlitty lot??

Yes.

Will we get the QB of our choice AND have Barkley??

YES

Take a look at the standings and tell me who will be in the market for a QB with the Giants???

No one.

But but but Kaiser...the only year anyone was allowed to take a QB was in 2018!!

idiots.

If the Giants have a top, let’s just say 7 pick this year...will there be a player as good as Barkley???

No.

Yes.

YES

Take a look at the standings and tell me who will be in the market for a QB with the Giants???

No one.

But but but Kaiser...the only year anyone was allowed to take a QB was in 2018!!

idiots.

But, but, but...he’s a RUNNING BACK. You have to have a castoff basic scrub at RB, who never makes a big play on his own because...most other teams do.

But, but, but...he’s a RUNNING BACK. You have to have a castoff basic scrub at RB, who never makes a big play on his own because...most other teams do.

Bills and Cowboys fans in here talking about how you build a winner. SMHLOL.

Bills and Cowboys fans in here talking about how you build a winner. SMHLOL.

This thread has given me perspective on why outsiders have such fondness for our Bills thread every year.

Trainwrecks are fun to watch.

No.

Yes.

YES

No one.

idiots.

The QB class this year isn’t close to last year’s.

What QB in FA is coming to the giants considering Shurmur had to promise to go all in on Eli to get the job?

2020 will have a good QB draft class. Which is fine, we’ll probably still be terrible at that point.

If we stay on pace to be terrible this year maybe we can grab Jonah Williams.

The QB class this year isn’t close to last year’s.

What QB in FA is coming to the giants considering Shurmur had to promise to go all in on Eli to get the job?

2020 will have a good QB draft class. Which is fine, we’ll probably still be terrible at that point.

If we stay on pace to be terrible this year maybe we can grab Jonah Williams.
Here is the problem for Giants fans. The Eli debate is now starting to divide the fanbase the Kaiser wing would rather go 6-10 and have the ability to fall back on Eli isn’t declining. This portion of the fanbase was larger last year and when it rose up after he was benched Mara rolled over and they kept Eli.
While you are in the portion of the fanbase who just wants to bottom out this year and get the rebuild started.
The problem is the fanbase was divided last year but not that much the pro Eli crowd was probably 80-20 in his favor last year.
Now after 6 games it’s probably closer to 50/50.
The guy has 2 SBs but his career record is 120-116 with the playoffs it’s goes up to 128-120 you guys should be seeing what Lauletta has in December and let Eli start the home finale. Right now if Eli was released after the year I don’t think another team would want him.