Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

I'll take a shot. He is looking at the rush at this stage. The eye test. He isn't a winning qb anymore. That doesn't damage his legacy. Would any team want him right now? The answer is probably not.
of course nobody would want him right now, that ship sailed in june.

but id bet buffalo or jax would've then if he was a FA. maybe zona.

he has no choice but to look at the rush, its often there the same time as the ball.

yet has still thrown for more yards than most QBs and has a high completion percentage.

now alsacs tells me that's what all QB have and do...so if hes right there, then what??….

of course nobody would want him right now, that ship sailed in june.

but id bet buffalo or jax would've then if he was a FA. maybe zona.

he has no choice but to look at the rush, its often there the same time as the ball.

yet has still thrown for more yards than most QBs and has a high completion percentage.

now alsacs tells me that's what all QB have and do...so if hes right there, then what??….
He is wrong.

That was their mistake they should have saw it as the end of the manning era and drafted darnold and rebuild around him.

I’m not convinced that Darnold is or will be the kind of QB to build around. We’ll see.

If the Giants weren’t sold on him being a franchise QB, then why pick him? You can pick up a decent veteran QB for a cheaper price than a number 2 pick. Number 2, you better be a superstar and one of the best in the league.

I’m not convinced that Darnold is or will be the kind of QB to build around. We’ll see.

If the Giants weren’t sold on him being a franchise QB, then why pick him? You can pick up a decent veteran QB for a cheaper price than a number 2 pick. Number 2, you better be a superstar and one of the best in the league.
I agree with you. I have great doubts about Darnold.

I have doubts too about Darnold but if he turns out to be a star then unfortunately for the G-men they will be reminded about through 2030.

I have doubts too about Darnold but if he turns out to be a star then unfortunately for the G-men they will be reminded about through 2030.

Depends. If we get a different good QB to build around and Barkley continues to be great, nobody will care about Darnold.

I don't think any Class of 2018 QB was or will be worth NYG's #2 pick. The Browns HAD to pick a QB and probably got the best of the lot in Mayfield. Barkley may turn out to be the generational RB Jint fans hope and I certainly understand taking that risk.

What I think they should've done, especially if they were going all in on She-li's twilight years, was trade that #2 pick for multiple picks (ideally first - fourth rounders) and pick all Offensive linemen. Even with over-paying Solder.

Hell, even taking Barkley they should've gone full OL. Forget Kyle Lauletta, Lorenzo Carter and any other stiff they drafted after that.

There aren't any other Barkley's out there. There will be plenty of Sam Darnold types to go around.

Yeah. I look at all the QBs in the league that were drafted really high and wonder, how many were really worth it? Especially for the team drafting them and putting up with their inevitable crappy first couple years.

And I’m not even talking about the complete washouts. What about the guys who have solid careers. Worth number 1 for “solid”? Or are you better off finding solid elsewhere?
Did the 49ers get what they were hoping for picking Alex Smith number 1?

Has Matt Stafford been worth the number 1 pick for Detroit. He’s been a pretty good player, but has he been what they were hoping for?

There aren't any other Barkley's out there. There will be plenty of Sam Darnold types to go around.

May be a bit early to say that. Hard to judge Darnold in just one half of a rookie season. You might have said the same thing about Carson Wentz or Jared Goff half way through their rookie seasons.

Yeah. I look at all the QBs in the league that were drafted really high and wonder, how many were really worth it? Especially for the team drafting them and putting up with their inevitable crappy first couple years.

And I’m not even talking about the complete washouts. What about the guys who have solid careers. Worth number 1 for “solid”? Or are you better off finding solid elsewhere?

Has Matt Stafford been worth the number 1 pick for Detroit. He’s been a pretty good player, but has he been what they were hoping for?

Eli Manning?

Eli Manning?
2012-05-17-suprin2-595x558.jpg.cf.jpg

May be a bit early to say that. Hard to judge Darnold in just one half of a rookie season. You might have said the same thing about Carson Wentz or Jared Goff half way through their rookie seasons.

He's a guy who played in a great college system surrounded by a lot of talent. Barkley was the better move. Even if the GMen stink for a couple of years he'll be 25 when they don't.

I'm not a scout or qb guru but I've seen enough of him to say he's a franchise qb.

He's a guy who played in a great college system surrounded by a lot of talent. Barkley was the better move. Even if the GMen stink for a couple of years he'll be 25 when they don't.

Like I said, WAY too early to make a determination on Darnold.

I looked at that a little bit around draft time.

My conclusions were that drafting QB top 5 generally gets you a solid QB but there is no correlation between top 5 pick and truly outstanding QBs.

I looked at that a little bit around draft time.

My conclusions were that drafting QB top 5 generally gets you a solid QB but there is no correlation between top 5 pick and truly outstanding QBs.

Right. We all know where Brady, Brees, and Wilson were picked.

I’m more concerned with whether this new regime can hit on more of their picks than the last regime was hitting on the last 5 years or so than I am with focusing on “QB with your high pick is a must!”. Just need to draft well in every round to get this thing built up.

Right. We all know where Brady, Brees, and Wilson were picked.

I’m more concerned with whether this new regime can hit on more of their picks than the last regime was hitting on the last 5 years or so than I am with focusing on “QB with your high pick is a must!”. Just need to draft well in every round to get this thing built up.
Agreed. Goes to show you how inept McAdoo and Reese were perceived to be that Gettleman is getting a pass for completely up the oline overhaul this year.

If this happens coming off a normal year, fans would be screaming for his head (and rightly so).

If you remember 2003, same issue. O line was a mess. Couple guys left and McNally was adamant he could work with what he had.

It was a disaster. Team went 4-12 and cost Fassel his job. But that was coming off of a playoff season year before.

Had we gone 10-6 last year, Gettleman’s seat would be boiling hot.

What round pick do you think it would take to trade Landon Collins?

giants do everything to not win games. even 1 more win and this conf is up for grabs. but they find away every week

Well...I’ve got 24-32 extra hours of my life freed up from now until December.

Well...I’ve got 24-32 extra hours of my life freed up from now until December.
Aren't you curious as to what new and innovative ways they find to lose games?