Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

If you count Eli, that’s 15 drafted guys on the roster.

5 are this year.

1 more is DeOssie.

Can we just trade for teams international $$??

Maybe their waiver wire spot??

Reese did a # on the team...

My guess for the remaining trade before the deadline.
Leveon Bell to the Packers or Eagles for a 2nd round pick.
Patrick Peterson to Patriots or Eagles for a 1st round pick.
Ryan Fitzpatrick to the Jaguars for a 4th round pick.

I see Peterson as a serious trade possibility to the Eagles but not Bell. Eagles (under the Roseman regime) have not shown much interest in spending a lot of money or high draft picks on RBs. They would jump all over the chance to get Patrick Peterson.

People spending way too much time ruminating on wheather or not it made sense to go for two

What should be bugging people is the play calling in the last minute plus where giants were on the 11 .. everything should have been to the end zone or sideline .. if you don’t score , kick the FG and you’d have around a minute left for the onside .. the comedic check down crap and QB sneaks they ran with the clock running were comedic..

So I wonder if the Giants trade Jackrabbit to either the Chiefs or Steelers.

Eli Apple to the Saints.
Good job by the Giants getting something for this clown.
Saints don’t have first or third round picks. So it’s likely a 4 or 5.
Saints are all in on This year.

I read here irs Eli’s fault.

Doesn’t fit the nationwide media and fans bandwagon narrative but 2,061 yards, 69%, and 94 passer rating are pretty good numbers considering the OL is still really bad.

Doesn’t fit the nationwide media and fans bandwagon narrative but 2,061 yards, 69%, and 94 passer rating are pretty good numbers considering the OL is still really bad.

He throws mostly check downs so his percentage is going to be good .. he relies on a few big plays here and there to artificially inflate his total yards..but is terrible at extending drives .. . He’s complete garbage in the red zone , takes too many sacks .. fumbles like crazy . Immobile as abdullah the butcher .. in other words... perfect for the season of tank ..giants would be stupid to bench him

So I wonder if the Giants trade Jackrabbit to either the Chiefs or Steelers.

My guess would be no due to his contract. Other teams probably won't want it and the dead cap that would result from trading him outweighs the cap savings anyways. Maybe next year if he's still sucking

He's #22 out of the starting QBs on PFF (which accounts for the OLine, WRs, etc.) and #26 in QBR (which also does the same).

I picked the Giants in my pool this morning vs Washington just on a hunch but once I saw the Snacks trade I switched it. I'm sure a few more are going and it will be just like last year with a bunch of second stringers playing. Only difference is that the Giants will have a very difficult time getting to three wins this year. I hate to see Eli going out this way but the only question at this point is if he ends his career in big blue or for another team.

As great as the Eli Apple trade was for the Giants the Harrison trade was that bad.
Harrison is a legit starter DT and run stuffer. He only got a 5th rounder if the Giants couldn’t get more now they probably just took the first deal they could:
Apple trade was good. Harrison trade bad.
So else is on the block?

I'm glad Snacks is out of the NFC East - even if he might be on the down slope of his career. He was a giant PITA (pun intended) against the Cowboys.

As great as the Eli Apple trade was for the Giants the Harrison trade was that bad.
Harrison is a legit starter DT and run stuffer. He only got a 5th rounder if the Giants couldn’t get more now they probably just took the first deal they could:
So else is on the block?
Not only a bad contract but was he a bad teammate as well. GM's see 5th rounder and they are probably calling and seeing what it will take to get OBJ, and I wonder if a real sweet deal came that they would trade him. That would be a tough decision for Mara but if the package is right maybe he would sign off on it. Would Saquon be the only guy on the roster who is untouchable.

So else is on the block?

Probably Jenkins, but his age and contract are tough to move

Not only a bad contract but was he a bad teammate as well. GM's see 5th rounder and they are probably calling and seeing what it will take to get OBJ, and I wonder if a real sweet deal came that they would trade him. That would be a tough decision for Mara but if the package is right maybe he would sign off on it. Would Saquon be the only guy on the roster who is untouchable.
Which is why people were saying taking a RB 2nd overall was dumb.
RBs have a shelve life till they are 30.

If you are rebuilding with just a RB it’s a multi year rebuild.
MikeSU02 has nailed it. This year’s draft should be all OL and then next year’s draft should be QB.

Snacks was my favorite player on the team. I’m pissed.

He throws mostly check downs so his percentage is going to be good .. he relies on a few big plays here and there to artificially inflate his total yards..but is terrible at extending drives .. . He’s complete garbage in the red zone , takes too many sacks .. fumbles like crazy . Immobile as abdullah the butcher .. in other words... perfect for the season of tank ..giants would be stupid to bench him
Don’t watch much football do you??

The top half describes every QB in the NFL the last 10 years, only 4 of which has Eli been doing that as he was a Gunslinger...and was being ripped for doing so, so congrats on ripping him as the conformed QB he is now.

The red zone is bad because the OL absolutely sucks. Even with 3 & 4 man rushes there is no push, teams drop 7 or 8 and with a short field, there is not room for anyone to move, especially when our star WRs don’t know how to read a D or catch in traffic, but I digress, his sacks happen in under a second or 2...it’s just comical, but yes you are right, he is immobile but will likely sit for the holidays.

Davis Webb was so awesome, wish we did see him last year...oh wait, he’s barely in the league.

None of you guys know what bad QB play is.

Well, maybe the Bills fans do.

Don’t watch much football do you??

The top half describes every QB in the NFL the last 10 years, only 4 of which has Eli been doing that as he was a Gunslinger...and was being ripped for doing so, so congrats on ripping him as the conformed QB he is now.

The red zone is bad because the OL absolutely sucks. Even with 3 & 4 man rushes there is no push, teams drop 7 or 8 and with a short field, there is not room for anyone to move, especially when our star WRs don’t know how to read a D or catch in traffic, but I digress, his sacks happen in under a second or 2...it’s just comical, but yes you are right, he is immobile but will likely sit for the holidays.

Davis Webb was so awesome, wish we did see him last year...oh wait, he’s barely in the league.

None of you guys know what bad QB play is.

Well, maybe the Bills fans do.
Does Eli get any blame from you?
I mean I am willing to say Brady hasn’t been a top 2 QB this year he is probably 7-10 range this year. He hasn’t been the same as last year and last year he had a better OL.

Also side note good call on Eovaldi you called that one right.