Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

Does Eli get any blame from you?
I mean I am willing to say Brady hasn’t been a top 2 QB this year he is probably 7-10 range this year. He hasn’t been the same as last year and last year he had a better OL.

Also side note good call on Eovaldi you called that one right.
Eli misses some throws that he made in his youth, but takes far more criticism than deserved.

He’s carries that OL ranking up to 26 or whatever by his smarts and arm alone.

You know I know most here are idiots, are just regurgitating radio H0T Takes and don’t know football, so I just try to educate.

I mean seriously, bad QB play is what I saw with Pisarcik, Brunner, Brown, Kannell and Graham, not what Eli is doing.

Bad QB play is Harrington, Ware, Leaf, Young, romo, Quinn, Leinart, etc, not what Eli is doing.

Bad QB play is Peterson, Anderson, Carr, Rosen, Trubitsky, Prescott, Winston, Newton at times...not what Eli is doing.

Eli misses some throws that he made in his youth, but takes far more criticism than deserved.

You know I know most here are idiots, are just regurgitating radio H0T Takes and don’t know football, so I just try to educate.

I mean seriously, bad QB play is what I saw with Pisarcik, Brunner, Brown, Kannell and Graham, not what Eli is doing.

Bad QB play is Harrington, Ware, Leaf, Young, romo, Quinn, Leinart, etc, not what Eli is doing.

Bad QB play is Peterson, Anderson, Carr, Rosen, Trubitsky, Prescott, Winston, Newton at times...not what Eli is doing.
I disagree with most of type bottom paragraph but atleast this is reasonable.
I remember you arguing Eli was better than Alex Smith. Washington has a crap OL as well but mobility is somewhat important. Eli’s biggest problem has been his pocket awareness has diminished greatly.

Lmao

You give Eli a good OL, a strong defense and a solid running game that allows him to use play action then he will look top shelf (in his prime). Unfortunately you can say that about several QBs.

You give Eli a good OL, a strong defense and a solid running game that allows him to use play action then he will look top shelf (in his prime). Unfortunately you can say that about several QBs.
So basically how he won SBs.
This isn’t an endorsement of the guy.

I disagree with most of type bottom paragraph but atleast this is reasonable.
I remember you arguing Eli was better than Alex Smith. Washington has a crap OL as well but mobility is somewhat important. Eli’s biggest problem has been his pocket awareness has diminished greatly.
He’s a had a WAY better career than Alex Smith and is better than him now. I havnt seen many redskin games so I don’t know about their line.

Can’t imagine it’s worse than the Giants.

If Eli wasn’t throwing for a ton of yards, the line ranking would be worse.

He’s a had a WAY better career than Alex Smith and is better than him now. I havnt seen many redskin games so I don’t know about their line.

Can’t imagine it’s worse than the Giants.

If Eli wasn’t throwing for a ton of yards, the line ranking would be worse.
Alex Smith is better than Eli Manning right now.
I am sure if you gave Eli a good OL he could have good games still but Alex Smith has a better pocket presence and mobility now.
Of course the line struggles have hurt the team but the QB hasn’t been good. These analytics look at everything.

Does Eli get any blame from you?
I mean I am willing to say Brady hasn’t been a top 2 QB this year he is probably 7-10 range this year. He hasn’t been the same as last year and last year he had a better OL.

Also side note good call on Eovaldi you called that one right.

Mahomes and Brees are the top 2 this year. Goff is 3rd.

Rivers and Brady are next, but not close to those 3.

After that there's a huge dropoff.

Eli is 27th in QBR. Bortles and Dak are ahead of him. As is CJ Beatherd.

I am sure if you gave Eli a good OL he could have good games still but Alex Smith has a better pocket presence and mobility now.
Of course the line struggles have hurt the team but the QB hasn’t been good. These analytics look at everything.

Eli just threw for 399. No picks. 27-38. That was t a good game?

Analytics are overrated. I know a guy who a couple years ago was trying to tell me that Pablo Prigioni was a better basketball player than Carmelo Anthony because of some analytic stat. He advised that the Knicks would be wise to play Pablo more minutes and get him more shots.

Lol.

Eli just threw for 399. No picks. 27-38. That was t a good game?
MNF was rated Eli’s best game.
He is still ranked #23 by PFF and that is the adjusted with the crap OL.
Eli Manning | New York Giants QB | NFL and PFF stats | Pro Football Focus

They analyze every position and every play. Eli has a crap line but honestly he is a bottom tier QB now. He has no mobility and doesn’t have great pocket feel.
Give him a great OL I am sure he is better but any QB with a good OL could be good.

MNF was rated Eli’s best game.
He is still ranked #23 by PFF and that is the adjusted with the crap OL.
Eli Manning | New York Giants QB | NFL and PFF stats | Pro Football Focus

They analyze every position and every play. Eli has a crap line but honestly he is a bottom tier QB now. He has no mobility and doesn’t have great pocket feel.
Give him a great OL I am sure he is better but any QB with a good OL could be good.
U do realize most NFL types laugh at PFF

Yup. Ridiculous. When it happened, I said that it looked like in Tecmo Super Bowl when you correctly picked the play the offense was running and your whole front 4 just smashed through the OL like it wasn’t even there.

People can argue about Eli all they want, but the fact remains that our GM and coach took a pledge to keep Eli and go for a win-now strategy with the draft and off-season signings.

That has been an unmitigated disaster.

Whether you think it's the OL, Eli or both, besides the rest of the issues, we are now staring down the barrel of a multi-year rebuild literally right after we went all in on a win-now strategy.

Go OL in the next draft and do whatever you have to in order to land Tua in 2020.

People can argue about Eli all they want, but the fact remains that our GM and coach took a pledge to keep Eli and go for a win-now strategy with the draft and off-season signings.

Whether you think it's the OL, Eli or both, besides the rest of the issues, we are now staring down the barrel of a multi-year rebuild literally right after we went all in on a win-now strategy.

Go OL in the next draft and do whatever you have to in order to land Tua in 2020.
The good news is 2 years of badness has already passed on this rebuild. I expect next years roster to have more than the 13 holdovers we have now.

Eli, the worst QB to ever have a 70% completion rate.

It’s all dump offs!!!

And be on pace for well over 4000 yards.

It’s all...crickets.

idiots..

The good news is 2 years of badness has already passed on this rebuild. I expect next years roster to have more than the 13 holdovers we have now.

Eli, the worst QB to ever have a 70% completion rate.

It’s all dump offs!!!

And be on pace for well over 4000 yards.

It’s all...crickets.

idiots..
Lol you ignore how QB play has increased dramatically with the new rules.
The average completion percentage is 65.7%.
The only QBs who suck at completion percentage are the rookies Mayfield, Darnold who are 60% and Rosen and Allen around 55%.
It used to be in 80s-early 00s that 60% was good.
It’s now average to be 67% completion wise because of short passes being an extension of the running game.
Don’t even cite yards. 5 QBs this year on pace to break the passing yards record from Brees. The league has exploded. If you don’t throw for 4000 yards now you aren’t trying.
You refuse to just realize how mediocre Eli is. It’s amazing. This isn’t 1998 anymore where just 2 QBs barely got to 4000 yards.
This year 17 QBs on are pace for 4000 yards and guys like Wentz would get there if they played 16 and the Bucs would get to 4000 if they combined Winston with Fitzpatrick.
This isn’t the old NFL.
You need to have pocket awareness if you aren’t mobile. Brees, Brady, Rivers have that Eli doesn’t.
Of course Eli is better than bums like Bortles and other guys but he isn’t even close to playing at the level of the top guys. If all your going to stay is yeah it’s the OLs fault then the guy can do no wrong.

Lol you ignore how QB play has increased dramatically with the new rules.
The average completion percentage is 65.7%.
The only QBs who suck at completion percentage are the rookies Mayfield, Darnold who are 60% and Rosen and Allen around 55%.
It used to be in 80s-early 00s that 60% was good.
It’s now average to be 67% completion wise because of short passes being an extension of the running game.
Don’t even cite yards. 5 QBs this year on pace to break the passing yards record from Brees. The league has exploded. If you don’t throw for 4000 yards now you aren’t trying.
You refuse to just realize how mediocre Eli is. It’s amazing. This isn’t 1998 anymore where just 2 QBs barely got to 4000 yards.
This year 17 QBs on are pace for 4000 yards and guys like Wentz would get there if they played 16 and the Bucs would get to 4000 if they combined Winston with Fitzpatrick.
This isn’t the old NFL.
You need to have pocket awareness if you aren’t mobile. Brees, Brady, Rivers have that Eli doesn’t.
Of course Eli is better than bums like Bortles and other guys but he isn’t even close to playing at the level of the top guys. If all your going to stay is yeah it’s the OLs fault then the guy can do no wrong.
All I want, is for him to be included with the great big mass that is tier 2.

People are putting him in tier 5 and that’s bullshit.

That was their mistake they should have saw it as the end of the manning era and drafted darnold and rebuild around him.

That was their mistake they should have saw it as the end of the manning era and drafted darnold and rebuild around him.

I think everyone knows that was what I preferred, but I'll enjoy watching Saquon and hoping Eli doesn't get him seriously injured throwing to him 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage every play.

I think you can argue Saquon is a top three RB in the NFL already, it's just that the position is marginalized.

But regardless of what I wanted, GM/coach went all-in on win-now. It blew up in their faces. Because the owners wanted it to be this way, I guess no one will be fired.

The only silver lining I have is that we should get another top pick this year and if they are still all-in on Eli, we'll likely be looking at another good pick in 2020 when Tua is available. Our OL isn't good, but Eli is washed.

I think everyone knows that was what I preferred, but I'll enjoy watching Saquon and hoping Eli doesn't get him seriously injured throwing to him 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage every play.

I think you can argue Saquon is a top three RB in the NFL already, it's just that the position is marginalized.

But regardless of what I wanted, GM/coach went all-in on win-now. It blew up in their faces. Because the owners wanted it to be this way, I guess no one will be fired.

The only silver lining I have is that we should get another top pick this year and if they are still all-in on Eli, we'll likely be looking at another good pick in 2020 when Tua is available. Our OL isn't good, but Eli is washed.
Explain why he’s ‘washed’.

He’s old and done soon, but I want to know why he’s washed.

And you can’t say ‘because he’s not mobile’, he’s been that way since 2004.
And if you want to use like 4 passes where some internet hack says ‘he’s should’ve thrown it here’, that won’t work either because that’s every QB in the league.

we can find that for everyone, every game.

Thanks...

Explain why he’s ‘washed’.

He’s old and done soon, but I want to know why he’s washed.

And you can’t say ‘because he’s not mobile’, he’s been that way since 2004.
And if you want to use like 4 passes where some internet hack says ‘he’s should’ve thrown it here’, that won’t work either because that’s every QB in the league.

we can find that for everyone, every game.

Thanks...
I'll take a shot. He is looking at the rush at this stage. The eye test. He isn't a winning qb anymore. That doesn't damage his legacy. Would any team want him right now? The answer is probably not.