Official 2022 New York Football Giants Return to Glory Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2022 New York Football Giants Return to Glory Thread

Couldn't understand how out of the game Shepard was last night, dropped passes, route issues, penalties and finally the injury. I feel bad for him, but prior to the injury he wasn't helping the team.

Not sure which was worse as a unit. The wide receivers or the offensive line.

Most of the night we lost in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I don't think you can fix that mid season.
It's a freakin' nightmare. The Giants didn't have a sack all night. Wink's defense DEPENDS on QB pressure. That's his whole deal.

(From the perspective of a Cowboys fan) I only watch the Giants when they play Dallas, but based on last night, Daniel Jones is a warrior. He appears to be, by far, the least of the problems of the Giants. IDK if that is a Daboll fix that has happened, or just general growth, but the dude single handedly kept them in the game with his feet and his poise.

Horrible Jason Laconfora crushed DJ on the twitters last night. Twitter needs to take away his blue checkmark.

DJ was the least of it, the stench of Gettleman will take a couple of years to leave the building. Neal will get better, but hard to pass block when Cuse is putting out better WRs that the Giants are.

(From the perspective of a Cowboys fan) I only watch the Giants when they play Dallas, but based on last night, Daniel Jones is a warrior. He appears to be, by far, the least of the problems of the Giants. IDK if that is a Daboll fix that has happened, or just general growth, but the dude single handedly kept them in the game with his feet and his poise.
Yeah, Jones is fine (serviceable, at the very least).

It's the team around him that's the problem.

Couldn't understand how out of the game Shepard was last night, dropped passes, route issues, penalties and finally the injury. I feel bad for him, but prior to the injury he wasn't helping the team.

He gone

Horrible Jason Laconfora crushed DJ on the twitters last night. Twitter needs to take away his blue checkmark.

DJ was the least of it, the stench of Gettleman will take a couple of years to leave the building. Neal will get better, but hard to pass block when Cuse is putting out better WRs that the Giants are.
A lot of those blue checkmarks need to go. :)

I’m so sick of hearing about Jones….he’s probably like the 3rd best player on our offense.

He was under pressure on almost every pass play, and his WR’s were horrible. Nobkdy gets open, nobody makes any contested catches, guys couldn’t even hang onto the easy ones.

I thought Jones played a great game last night and did all he could. He made some great runs, and made some great throws too - some of them were dropped or taken away by penalties.

In short, the OL and WR’s were awful.

It's a freakin' nightmare. The Giants didn't have a sack all night. Wink's defense DEPENDS on QB pressure. That's his whole deal.
I think some fans and media take for granted how good Leonard Williams is, because they’re still hung up on whether Gettleman made a good trade to get him.

Williams is both tough against the run and consistently gets pressure on pass plays, or demands a double team which helps everyone else.

I think some fans and media take for granted how good Leonard Williams is, because they’re still hung up on whether Gettleman made a good trade to get him.

Williams is both tough against the run and consistently gets pressure on pass plays, or demands a double team which helps everyone else.
The reality is Williams isn't playing.

How is Jones healthy enough to play wr, but not take a snap ? What is going on ?