Official BG Game Thread!! | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Official BG Game Thread!!

He barely learned Lester's system because he was only on campus for 4 weeks before he was thrown to the wolves. Spring ball will be important.

I don't disagree with what you're suggesting, but I think people are overestimating what it will take for us to be functional. Optimized? That will take a couple of years, and there's no doubt that as a team we'll have better "mastery" of the system in year 2 than year 1.
Look, when the coach tells you the timeline and is adamant about it do you think anybody on this board knows better than him? His system more complicated that it looks. Our talent is young and starting all over again from scratch.

How long does it take him to turn around a defense?

How long does it take him to turn around a defense?
They play a different style of defense as well. Base is 4-3 but they do not blitz as much as we did. It is basically a read and react defense.

12 plays, 83 yards, 4:52

Would have been quicker if not for a PI.

They play a different style of defense as well. Base is 4-3 but they do not blitz as much as we did. It is basically a read and react defense.
I really liked our blitzing defense when it was working.

They have a "jumbo" package.
eb0a4-cyehzsl.gif

Look, when the coach tells you the timeline and is adamant about it do you think anybody on this board knows better than him? His system more complicated that it looks. Our talent is young and starting all over again from scratch.

Look, I don't dispute that it will take time.

Now go look at Babers results the first year of both teams he's been the head coach. Full implementation / optimization doesn't mean that you can't be successful earlier. The board needs to disavow themselves of the notion that everything requires a full rebuild before success can be experienced.

Hmm...Read and react makes me remember Rod Rust. He was the worst. Can we call it something else?

Now go look at Babers results the first year of both teams he's been the head coach. Full implementation / optimization doesn't mean that you can't be successful earlier. The board needs to disavow themselves of the notion that everything requires a full rebuild before success can be experienced.

Just give us the coach.

RF2044 said:
Look, I don't dispute that it will take time. Now go look at Babers results the first year of both teams he's been the head coach. Full implementation / optimization doesn't mean that you can't be successful earlier. The board needs to disavow themselves of the notion that everything requires a full rebuild before success can be experienced.

Exactly. With the right HC (hopefully Babers. Actually please, I'm begging you be Babers) and the personnel we have coming back next year we can win 6 or 7 next year, no problem.

Babers inherited a ton of talent that fit his system much better than ours. We also play a far tougher schedule than they do.

We also have huge issues on defense. I wouldn't get my hopes up. Year 2 - have at it.

Exactly. With the right HC (hopefully Babers. Actually please, I'm begging you be Babers) and the personnel we have coming back next year we can win 6 or 7 next year, no problem.

Have Babers' offense along with a Daoust-led D and that would be some good ish.

Gedney tonight as an ACC legend. In his speech he mentioned that hopefully things will shake out in the next couple of days with our coaching search, and talked about the great facilities we now have. Next couple of days? I can't go that long without sleep!!!

By reading these posts, one would think that BG scored 60 points tonight. Honestly, I'm not as ecstatic as most on this board are. I'd be happy with Babers, but wouldn't be crushed if we don't land him. Sneaky suspicion we may not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom