Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

I agree.
Which bothers me that we ban every poster from over there on here. Why do we do that? It's fun to trash talk . Doc and east coast are giving them all they can handle on their board it's great! Why can't it happen here? I don't like looking like we are scared of them.

Doc is me (I changed my handle here but not there) and I swore I would stop trolling over there but damn I can't help myself and those people are ridiculous.

Doc is me (I changed my handle here but not there) and I swore I would stop trolling over there but damn I can't help myself and those people are ridiculous.
What was your original handle here? Docsu?

so there is an argument over there about developing nba talent. I never understood this argument. it is about winning games in college not developing nba talent. half of the guys on our list boeheim only gets like a year or two with and they are gone. their number one claim to fame in the last 10 years is Drummond. that dude spent about 10 minutes in their program and went 0-3 against Syracuse. they have created this fantasy that Yukon develops nba talent. Ollie can barely get out of his own way.

NOW the truth comes out. No wonder I didn't get your sarcasm (Doc I would have known). ;)

so there is an argument over there about developing nba talent. I never understood this argument. it is about winning games in college not developing nba talent. half of the guys on our list boeheim only gets like a year or two with and they are gone. their number one claim to fame in the last 10 years is Drummond. that dude spent about 10 minutes in their program and went 0-3 against Syracuse. they have created this fantasy that Yukon develops nba talent. Ollie can barely get out of his own way.

Also the collective earnings argument on the board is cute. Drummond was the consensus #1A recruit behind Davis. A sure fire 6'11" freak athlete. He could have gone to OCC and been the #2 pick. But UConn's 'development' dropped him to #10. They probably lost the kid $50MM.

Last edited:
When they build up Jeremy Lamb and tear down Waiters... well that's all you need to know. It wouldn't surprise me either this year if Napier and Ennis have the EXACT same role on their respective teams.

Not sure how you can argue 10 in 10 no matter how you swing it.

BTW, Kemba wore 15 because of Melo - I wonder how UConn fans feel that their best player in the last 20 years grew up idolizing a Syracuse legend

"He’s my favorite player,” Kemba says.

“Oh boy,” Kedow says.

Walker is nothing if not loyal. He wears No. 15 as a tribute to Anthony, who wore the number at Syracuse and in Denver. Walker’s e-mail address includes the term “Meloman,” and other signs of Walker’s commitment to maintaining past links are evident throughout his six-bedroom residence

We've probably given them more attention in this thread than they've seen from anyone in the last couple of years.
Just seems like we're arguing apples and oranges (no pun intended). They wanna remind everyone about their great bball past, which again, no sane cbb fan can dispute. OTOH, we're firmly entrenched in the present, and most importantly, the future. There's been a fundamental foundational change in the status of the 2 AD's- that's just the new reality. P5 vs G5 is a BIG deal.
From that perspective, they really have no argument: They are screwed...and no amount of rhetoric will change that equation.

Last edited:
We've probably given them more attention in this thread than they've seen from anyone in the last couple of years.
Just seems like we're arguing apples and oranges (no pun intended). They wanna remind everyone about their great bball past, which again, no sane cbb fan can dispute. OTOH, we're firmly entrenched in the present, and most importantly, the future. There's been a fundamental foundational change in the status of the 2 AD's- that's just the new reality. P5 vs G5 is a BIG deal.
From that perspective, they really have no argument: They are screwed...and no amount of rhetoric will change that equation.
Absolutely. No one here would ever want to trade places with them for many reason, P5 being #1. However, if they want to believe they can be relevant, let them. Nova and Gonzaga are doing just fine in non P5 conferences. That being said, I hope Yukon loses everytime they play, mainly because of their fanbase. And I still don't know why I was banned from their board a couple years ago. Probably made Fishy's enemy list.

The best they can hope for is being Gonzaga of the East. I realize KO has a championship due to an improbable run with someone else's players but IMHO he is no Mark Few.

Football is a basket case...the ACC and B1G programs are grabbing the best players...when UVA blows you out that sez something.

The best they can hope for is being Gonzaga of the East. I realize KO has a championship due to an improbable run with someone else's players but IMHO he is no Mark Few.

Football is a basket case...the ACC and B1G programs are grabbing the best players...when UVA blows you out that sez something.
I'm really torn here. I can't decide whether I'm supposed to like this post or be upset about it.

When they build up Jeremy Lamb and tear down Waiters... well that's all you need to know. It wouldn't surprise me either this year if Napier and Ennis have the EXACT same role on their respective teams.

Not sure how you can argue 10 in 10 no matter how you swing it.

BTW, Kemba wore 15 because of Melo - I wonder how UConn fans feel that their best player in the last 20 years grew up idolizing a Syracuse legend

Lamb can't get on the court because he is a poor defender. Personally, I blame the defensive scheme he played in, in college like 7 years ago. That darn UConn man to man! Scarred Lamb for life! Right? Gotta be consistent with the logic.

Imagine KO without Shabazz

If Brimah misses the FT and we lose to St. Joe's, KO is probably gone after this year. As it is, they'll probably hold onto him for another 3 years.

I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it here: next year's team needs to be a vintage UConn juggernaut for KO to convince the fanbase that he is the answer. If not, he should be gone after next year.

Imagine KO without Shabazz

If Brimah misses the FT and we lose to St. Joe's, KO is probably gone after this year. As it is, they'll probably hold onto him for another 3 years.

I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it here: next year's team needs to be a vintage UConn juggernaut for KO to convince the fanbase that he is the answer. If not, he should be gone after next year.

"Vintage uconn juggernaut"

...from the team that can't make the NCAA tournament without winning the conference tournament.

Unbelievable delusion from a bunch of delusional morons.