Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

I get the attraction of playing vs UNC/Duke on national TV...it must be awesome as a player and a parent. But it has absolutely no impact on the NBA. In today's NBA, they will find you and dissect you to the nth degree regardless of where you are playing. I would argue that it's far easier for Danny Ainge to pop in on a Tuesday night in Storrs than in Syracuse.

Unless you are a lottery pick, the real money to be made in the NBA is your second contract -- that's where you set yourself up for life. If I was KO & Company, I'd be telling Dad that while playing in Raleigh a couple times might be really cool, what is actually amazing is the thought that your grandkids may never have to work a day in their lives. And if you focus on this as the real goal here, then you should be prioritizing coaching, and especially learning how to be a plus defender -- because that's how your son will reach his 2nd and 3rd NBA contracts.

Again, where is this coming from? Ollie's sent one guy TOTAL TO THE NBA and uconn's played inconsistent defense since he's gotten there.

Ive been reading there board and wow, some of the arguments they are making are just so flat out absurd. I get being a homer they are trying to sell uconn but wow, they guy saying he should come to uconn because they play m2m defense and thats whats going to get Jalen Carey to the NBA is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Some moron said "why would you wanna be a PG because you'd have to guard Curry, Westbrook and Lillard!".. Also that Danny Ainge comment is just laugh out loud funny, regardless of who your a fan of these comments are just so dumb. Another one of my favorites is how they try to say the AAC is on par with the ACC and it really doesn't matter what conference you play in because everyone gets the same exposure. Im glad our board isn't this blind and can at least have a realistic view of the college ball landscape

Ive been reading there board and wow, some of the arguments they are making are just so flat out absurd. I get being a homer they are trying to sell uconn but wow, they guy saying he should come to uconn because they play m2m defense and thats whats going to get Jalen Carey to the NBA is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Some moron said "why would you wanna be a PG because you'd have to guard Curry, Westbrook and Lillard!".. Also that Danny Ainge comment is just laugh out loud funny, regardless of who your a fan of these comments are just so dumb. Another one of my favorites is how they try to say the AAC is on par with the ACC and it really doesn't matter what conference you play in because everyone gets the same exposure. Im glad our board isn't this blind and can at least have a realistic view of the college ball landscape
One more thing i just cant understand is they keep saying why come to Cuse since we don't prepare anyone for the NBA? WHAT??? We have had a first round draft pick every year for 9 outta 10 years. They keep harping on guys not being superstars or flaming out in the NBA. I don't get this point at all, we send guys to the NBA, that should be the goal of every college, weather they play 5 or 10 years is up them and their development in the pros

One more thing i just cant understand is they keep saying why come to Cuse since we don't prepare anyone for the NBA? WHAT??? We have had a first round draft pick every year for 9 outta 10 years. They keep harping on guys not being superstars or flaming out in the NBA. I don't get this point at all, we send guys to the NBA, that should be the goal of every college, weather they play 5 or 10 years is up them and their development in the pros

They've had one player drafted since 2012. They are living in the past and in denial. They think it's still the same program. New coach, new league, new UConn. Eventually it should sink in.

They've had one player drafted since 2012. They are living in the past and in denial. They think it's still the same program. New coach, new league, new UConn. Eventually it should sink in.

"Should" is the key word here. I'm not holding my breath.

I just hope MSGseven can come to the Blarney and say hi

IMG_6450.GIF

"They [Louisville] were the better of bad options the last time realignment came up - what I'll never understand is how Pitt, BC, and Syracuse ended up there before us."

giphy.gif

Whomever said that isn't wrong about BC. Pitt and us though, moronic...

"They [Louisville] were the better of bad options the last time realignment came up - what I'll never understand is how Pitt, BC, and Syracuse ended up there before us."

giphy.gif
That is the most iconic South Park. I'll never forget that episode.

BC-ND connection can't be over looked.

Neither can the fact that UConn and the Connecticut Attorney General were the leaders of the lawsuit filed by the scorned Big East schools against the ACC. Notably, when we got dropped from the expansion plan in favor of VT (thanks to my Governor), we were smart enough not to join that lawsuit.

As a litigator, I sometimes have to tell my clients that it feels good to throw bombs at the other side when you think you've been wronged, but you need to look at the long haul and decide whether it makes sense. Blumenthal let down his constituents in 2004.

Neither can the fact that UConn and the Connecticut Attorney General were the leaders of the lawsuit filed by the scorned Big East schools against the ACC. Notably, when we got dropped from the expansion plan in favor of VT (thanks to my Governor), we were smart enough not to join that lawsuit.

As a litigator, I sometimes have to tell my clients that it feels good to throw bombs at the other side when you think you've been wronged, but you need to look at the long haul and decide whether it makes sense. Blumenthal let down his constituents in 2004.
Couldn't agree more. Many wanted Syracuse to join that fray, but cooler heads with long term vision (and more shallow pockets) prevailed. It benefited SU in the long run.

giphy.gif
{Insert eyes bugging out of head emoji here.} Say what?!?!?!?!?!?

They are where we were in like 1997 - 2000. A couple of years off probation and the programs best plays no longer in the league with a drooping brand.

But we had the Big East conference and our HOF coach was staying. They lost theirs and are now in a basketball conference no one wants to be in.

Tough sledding ahead.

"The NIT didnt want them" if he knew anything about the sport of basketball he would know that you have to fi itnish above .500 to join that. Not to have pride in that but still, use your brains cuse fans.

Welp. Got us there.

Syracuse is closer to Toronto, Canada than NYC.

I'll have to store this away when we play games at MSG and people complain about us not laving NYS.

the best thing about reading that board is to see just how high they are on Carey. I'm sure they'll crap all over him once he commits elsewhere, but right now it's all "significantly better than Akinjo;" "d1 ready, will start from day 1;" "future all-american;" "the next Shabazz"

It just kicks it to a higher level when another fanbase is validating what our own evaluators are saying. Takes away the "orange colored glasses" thing.

the best thing about reading that board is to see just how high they are on Carey. I'm sure they'll crap all over him once he commits elsewhere, but right now it's all "significantly better than Akinjo;" "d1 ready, will start from day 1;" "future all-american;" "the next Shabazz"

It just kicks it to a higher level when another fanbase is validating what our own evaluators are saying. Takes away the "orange colored glasses" thing.

They already set that up last week. They'll call out his dad, they'll call him lazy, or a coward, and they'll talk up Akinjo and how he's soooooo much better.

UL sold its soul to the Devil to get where it is. If the ACC requires cheating your way to success for consideration, they could have just told us. If we knew we'd get into the ACC if we had thrown $3,000,000 at Bobby Petrino when he was available, we would have done it. Simple as that, we hire Petrino and win games right away (which we would have with that roster) and we'd have been in.

KO won the national title in year two. If we were in the ACC and won that title, we would've been competing head to head with UK for recruits from then on. KO would be a top 1-3 recruiter with the ACC or B1G behind him.

UL sold its soul to the Devil to get where it is. If the ACC requires cheating your way to success for consideration, they could have just told us. If we knew we'd get into the ACC if we had thrown $3,000,000 at Bobby Petrino when he was available, we would have done it. Simple as that, we hire Petrino and win games right away (which we would have with that roster) and we'd have been in.

KO won the national title in year two. If we were in the ACC and won that title, we would've been competing head to head with UK for recruits from then on. KO would be a top 1-3 recruiter with the ACC or B1G behind him.
raw

There are experts at that site who have Carey going to Seton Hall and Kansas, so ... their crystal balls have some dust on them.

Actually the expert who had Carey going to KU flipped his pick to Cuse earlier today.