Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

raw
"Believe it or not, George isn't at home..."

Yeah, well, their coach played in the NBA and has friends

LOL
Of course! The towel-waving guy is always everybody's best friend on the team, because he ain't taking their starting job, or spot in the rotation.

LOL, they think they have three players better than Battle.

They also have their heads in the sand about how good Bazley is. When was UConn's last top 10 recruit? This should be known, because whoever it is will likely go down as their last one ever. Boy, I just can't wait to watch our new top 10 forward recruit in 2018-19, while UConn fans talk about how good Donyell Marshall was. Gonna be so much fun to watch such a high level talent that only the big boy schools can land.

I always thought that our first probation really helped make UConn a program a lot faster then they would of had we not been on probation.

I never really got over that. They would have remained a crap school forever if we didn't go on probation in the early 90s.

My favorite:

"The thing with most UConn guards getting in the NBA is they generally stick. Cuse gets them in the NBA but they only last a couple of years,a few exceptions though. Would Carey be one of the few exceptions, who knows? "

"UConn guards generally stick in the NBA"
- They currently have 3 guards in the NBA. They've had 5 guards drafted since 2009 and only 3 are left. Kemba, Napier and Lamb.

"Syracuse guards only last a couple of years"
- We currently have 4 guards in the NBA, and that's because Gbijnie and Mali are listed as SF's, so really it's 6 guards in the NBA. Since 2009, we had 8 guards drafted.

They don't even use facts any more.

Neither do Republicans, and a lot of Republicans live in CT.

incorrect. jim calhoun was genuinely gifted coach & recruiter and would've gotten them over the hump in any case.

"Crap team" was a little harsh. They came to dominate the Big East for much of the 90s. That wouldn't have happened if we hadn't gone on probation, and JT hadn't told Georgetown to hire Esherick, to keep the seat warm until his kid could get the job.

Yes, Calhoun was an excellent coach, but it was only those 2 circumstances that allowed them to become the cream of the Big East for that 10 year stretch.

Last edited:
Which of you geniuses started that "if UConn wins" thread back in 2014?

I remember posting an overly sarcastic post in 2014 playing the role of a whining UConn fan after Syracuse won the title.. posted in February 2014. Still happy with it because I thought it was a pretty original form of trash talk. Fan karma is a stupid concept, so yes I set myself for some good reverse trashing but that really doesn't bother me. Dish and take, that is part of being a sports fan... it's a safe environment for hatred of a group or team.

Dish and take, that is part of being a sports fan... it's a safe environment for hatred of a group or team.
I agree.
Which bothers me that we ban every poster from over there on here. Why do we do that? It's fun to trash talk . Doc and east coast are giving them all they can handle on their board it's great! Why can't it happen here? I don't like looking like we are scared of them.

I agree.
Which bothers me that we ban every poster from over there on here. Why do we do that? It's fun to trash talk . Doc and east coast are giving them all they can handle on their board it's great! Why can't it happen here? I don't like looking like we are scared of them.

The thing is most fans here give them credit for their success from 95-2014. They refuse to give us any. Maybe it's because the are insufferable.

I agree.
Because you haven't seen what was posted by those who were banned.

Because you haven't seen what was posted by those who were banned.
Well according to them ( and yes I take this with 100 grains of salt because they are Yukon fans) everyone gets banned. I mostly read instead of post but I don't see any UConn fans here ever. So I don't know if they are liars or there is a quick trigger here. Or a combination. Also, I'll take you at your word that there are bad posts. Seems likely, but every person?

Well according to them ( and yes I take this with 100 grains of salt because they are Yukon fans) everyone gets banned. I mostly read instead of post but I don't see any UConn fans here ever. So I don't know if they are liars or there is a quick trigger here. Or a combination. Also, I'll take you at your word that there are bad posts. Seems likely, but every person?
Last word on the topic - if you troll, you're gone. Do the math.

posting on opponents' sites is always trolling; even when being nice & respectful, you're just trolling for likes
Disagree. Posters like gbo and Hoo's That don't troll. They engage in discussion. They disagree (especially when we are playing them), but they don't troll. It can be done. Sadly, most UConn fans do not appear capable of this. Jealousy, I bet.

Now can we get back to making fun of UConn?

That MSG7 guy is claiming people here wanted him banned when he was posting in the Carey thread. All he was doing was some very passive aggressive trash talking that had nothing to do with the thread. I personally told him multiple times, "nobody cares, this is the Carey thread."

He's being whiny, and pretty dishonest. If he was actually on topic I doubt anyone would've cared that he was posting there.

Also... I've been banned on the boneyard for years, I fully deserved it, and I couldn't care less.

Last edited:
That MSG7 guy is claiming people here wanted him banned when he was posting in the Carey thread. All he was doing was some very passive aggressive trash talking that had nothing to do with the thread. I personally told him multiple times, "nobody cares, this is the Carey thread."

He's being whiny, and pretty dishonest. If he was actually on topic I doubt anyone would've cared that he was posting there.

Also... I've been banned on the boneyard for years, I fully deserved it, and I couldn't care less.
This is REALLY the last word on topic - nothing about his (deleted) posts were 'passive aggressive'. LOL - revisionist history as a strategy sometimes works. Especially when you can't be proven wrong. Happy trails, MSG.

I agree.

Ha...I don't know if you were here for it.
The reason we don't do that here is its taken to far on both sides, there's been some bad shiiiii in the past. The infamous "sandbox cleaning", the uconn fan that went to cuse games...yeahhh.
Marsh01 has taken a lot of credit for the hate and rightfully so, the man has done a lot and actually got a phrase banned.
The cuse- uconn hatered runs deep, it won't work.

This is REALLY the last word on topic - nothing about his (deleted) posts were 'passive aggressive'. LOL - revisionist history as a strategy sometimes works. Especially when you can't be proven wrong. Happy trails, MSG.

I'm glad he was banned from that thread. You guys have a hard enough time dealing with us Orange fans getting off topic in those recruiting threads, so I'm sure the last thing that's needed is an opponent fan coming in and trying to stir up off topic discussion/trash talk.

When I said "passive aggressive"...in the posts I saw he was clearly trolling but was trying to make it look like he wasn't. Basically he was throwing rocks and then hiding his hands like "who? Me?". I have zero respect for that.

1. CL82It's going to be ok - calm down and enjoy the ride

Lol, weak troll.

So our National Championship from 3 years ago is so in the distant past that recruits don't know of it of remember it? That's the best you've got? Lol.

Take a look at the videos from this years additions. They talk about:

1) Family;
    2) Tradition;
    3) and being prepared to be successful in NBA.

That's what UConn means to them. That's why they come. Heck there is a phrase "UConn guard" or "next great UConn guard." No one needs to define that for these kids. They watched Shabazz in 2014 and Kemba in 2011 and went out to the neighborhood court and pretended to be them. That's what Coach Ollie is selling.

Do you think anyone pretends to be Gerry McNamera? Do kids today even know who he is?

Anyway I forgot the last reason kids choose UConn:

4 > 1*

CL82, Today at 4:32 PM

JCSuperstar, MSGSeven, UConnSwag11 and 2 others like this.

LOLOL! I'm quite confident that kids don't/didn't pretend to be Shabazz Napier. That's hilarious. Maybe the funniest one yet.

There's one player in the league from the two schools that kids care about, or used to. That's Carmelo. He's a good player but nobody nationally cares about Kemba either.

Last edited:
The thing is most fans here give them credit for their success from 95-2014. They refuse to give us any. Maybe it's because the are insufferable.
This^^^ x1000!
My nephew is a UConn alum and even he got tired of the rabid, insecure Yahoos posting on that forum.
No sane SU fan can dispute what JC accomplished & indeed, JB has gone on record that it was the greatest coaching performance EVER in NCAA history. We didn't need to like them, but even grudging respect was a no-brainer.
The issue now is, was, and forever will be that Uconn fans, as represented on that forum, give SU absolutely no respect at all. Once they were left behind it became all about how everyone else sucked, they "deserved" it more, and they were the greatest program in Cbb history. This despite the fact that every major conference, ACC/B1G/XII, deduced otherwise. Their arrogance & bitterness knows no bounds, which is why they get absolutely no sympathy from other fan bases.
I can't begin to understand what they're going thru, the crappy future they're facing. But their attitudes suck, so honestly, they can go pound sand.