Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

I was with a friend this weekend who is a high school coach and loves college basketball but a west coast guy. He said to me it's crazy I was telling someone this week that UConn was a great program and now they are completely irrelevant to the point I forget they exist and they are finished forever I think. Those were his words. He the looked at me and said, "I know you hate them really bad but in a way don't you find it sad." I told him I actually kind of enjoy it and only think thank god that isn't Syracuse.

I understand what your friend is saying with them being in a crappy conference and all, but personally, I think UConn and Syracuse have had similar trajectories over the past few years (not counting SU's fluky Final Four run in '16). I do believe that Syracuse will return to the upper echelon and be a regular player on that level again sooner than UConn will but until that day comes, I'm not throwing any stones.

I was with a friend this weekend who is a high school coach and loves college basketball but a west coast guy. He said to me it's crazy I was telling someone this week that UConn was a great program and now they are completely irrelevant to the point I forget they exist and they are finished forever I think. Those were his words. He the looked at me and said, "I know you hate them really bad but in a way don't you find it sad." I told him I actually kind of enjoy it and only think thank god that isn't Syracuse.

It’s not sad. The great players and coaches they’ve had have moved on. The fans are the constants(kinda, seems like some of them have moved on too based on attendance), and they can just flat out eat it.

I understand what your friend is saying with them being in a crappy conference and all, but personally, I think UConn and Syracuse have had similar trajectories over the past few years (not counting SU's fluky Final Four run in '16). I do believe that Syracuse will return to the upper echelon and be a regular player on that level again sooner than UConn will but until that day comes, I'm not throwing any stones.

No. We made a final four(nothing fluky about it), and have a top 10 class coming in next year. They have.....nothing, nothing at all.

We’ve been down largely due to probation, but still made a final four, have put multiple players in the first round, and can still recruit. Our decline is just a temporary blip on the radar.

They haven’t done anything noteworthy on the court, have put nobody in the league, and flat out can’t get the same level of talent they used to get in the Big East anymore. Their best hope is being Temple or Xavier, and that’s hard to do.

No. Jim Boeheim is the only coach to win a championship with a great player like Carmelo Anthony as his best player. Every other champion was filled with gritty, heady, well coached gym rats. Jim Calhoun = Norman Dale minus Chitwood.

By the way, Ray Allen >>> Melo.

UConn asstard logic^^^^
They didn’t win one with ray

They didn’t win one with ray

Exactly. I’ve seen many posts there claiming Ray is better than Melo. But Melo is used to devalue Boeheim’s title, which is absolutely ridiculous.

They want it to be both ways...but it’s neither way.

Exactly. I’ve seen many posts there claiming Ray is better than Melo. But Melo is used to devalue Boeheim’s title, which is absolutely ridiculous.

They want it to be both ways...but it’s neither way.

I find it funny how Melo is used to devalue our title, yet no one mentions it among Melo's bball accomplishments, they only talk about how hes never won anything in the Nba.

I find it funny how Melo is used to devalue our title, yet no one mentions it among Melo's bball accomplishments, they only talk about how hes never won anything in the Nba.

And they forget that his rookie year the Nuggets had one of the biggest turnarounds in league history, and in ‘09 that they went to the WCF and were a couple late game Trevor Ariza steals away from a finals appearance, where they would’ve had a good chance to beat Orlando.

His first 10 teams made the playoffs. I can’t honestly look at one team he’s played on and think “man, that team underachieved.” They all either did what they were supposed to, or a couple times they overachieved.

That said, OKC is a train wreck right now. I have little respect for Donovan’s ability to coach NBA offense at this point. It’s been a “your turn/my turn” offense since he got there, going back to when they had KD. Or last year, it was simply Russ’s turn every time.

So far, they’re taking turns, Roberson is in the way and is killing them, and of the big 3 it seems like one of them always has a bad shooting game. They never have all 3 shooting well in the same night.

Just went for a trip down Husky lane, they want to know if anyone cares about the B1G Ten/ ACC challenge? No. No one cares. Everyone is getting geared up for the American/Patriot League challenge. Must see viewing on the cooking channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Columbia 41
UConn 30

Halftime

mjl.gif

mp4

Their starting lineup accounted for 8 of their first half points.

Well, at least they're not playing at Storrs.

Oh, wait...

They don’t go to the games out there anymore. No home court advantage. Bunch of Johnny come lately band wagoners who don’t support the program through the tough times.

I honestly don't want UConn to be this bad so that they will keep Ollie around, if this keeps up looks like he won't survive after this season.

Just went fro a trip down Husky lane, they want to know if anyone cares about the B1G Ten/ ACC challenge? No. No one cares. Everyone is getting geared up for the American/Patriot League challenge. Must see viewing on the cooking channel.

LOL, they are so bitter.

I mean, I would be too if literally everyone else that’s been relevant in college b-ball in the last 25 years was invited to the party and we weren’t. I understand their bitterness. But I’m still LOLing.

Vital was on fire from 3 - if he was hitting his average, they'd be down 20.

Look, UConn will probably win this game. And we know that UConn/Cuse will almost always be a close, hard fougth game - but honestly, we should blow this team out. They can't shoot the 3, can't defend, and can't rebound. I can't see how they stop Battle or how they compete with us on the board - but I'm sure they'll make it difficult and it will come down to the end lol

I honestly don't want UConn to be this bad so that they will keep Ollie around, if this keeps up looks like he won't survive after this season.
Kevin Ollie should buy Shabazz Napier a house. If it wasn't for Shabazz Ollie would have 1 tournament win in his UConn coaching career.

Won’t matter. Anyone good they bring in will use it as a stepping stone job. Unless they’ve got another alum out there who is already rich and doesn’t care about advancing up the coaching ranks, they’re screwed. Unless Ollie comes around.

Actually always liked Ollie, and felt bad for him when that scrubby school/league had him up at the press table on media day with a microphone taped to his face. Not sure if he’s got it though. Pretty tough to just step into a head coaching job, sometimes. Especially when you’re at a school who really needs to win the coaching battle because they can’t get the talent anymore.

Nope. They don't have the $$ to fire him and hire anyone else. I live in Ct. And they are hurting for money
Me too man. Being surrounded by UConn fans during the Calhoun years was tough, but now it's an absolute joy