Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

Even I find this one funny ("If Paul Pasq. and Bob Diaco never came to Storrs, UConn could be beating Clemson instead of barely beating Holy Cross."). We would be a lot better off. A 'cuse friend of mine said it was a mistake hiring PP and that there was a reason that he was let go from Syracuse. We couldn't afford a single bad hire, never mind 2 in a row.
Most of what you post from the boneyard is just board bravado. I'm sure I could read through here and find a couple doozies too.
Nice win last night.

Even I find this one funny ("If Paul Pasq. and Bob Diaco never came to Storrs, UConn could be beating Clemson instead of barely beating Holy Cross."). We would be a lot better off. A 'cuse friend of mine said it was a mistake hiring PP and that there was a reason that he was let go from Syracuse. We couldn't afford a single bad hire, never mind 2 in a row.
Most of what you post from the boneyard is just board bravado. I'm sure I could read through here and find a couple doozies too.
Nice win last night.
You beat me to it. I thought that the Holy Cross post was pretty funny, too.

Coming from fans who probably don't have to walk very far in snow measured in inches to get to the court. They would probably get to the canopy stairs and decide its too dangerous to continue.

Coming from fans who probably don't have to walk very far in snow measured in inches to get to the court. They would probably get to the canopy stairs and decide its too dangerous to continue.
bahaha

Travelman32
5 is a great place to be. Not too much hype, not too much disrespect. A great place to start from so that they may fly under the radar. Judging from past finishes, this feels right. Of course I want Uconn to beat WSU, Cincy and SMU but being ranked behind those kind of teams is no shame at this point. Now go earn that respect (back) in 2017/2018!

Travelman32
5 is a great place to be. Not too much hype, not too much disrespect. A great place to start from so that they may fly under the radar. Judging from past finishes, this feels right. Of course I want Uconn to beat WSU, Cincy and SMU but being ranked behind those kind of teams is no shame at this point. Now go earn that respect (back) in 2017/2018!

Got em right where you want em eh Travelman?

Travelman32

That sounds like something I would write if I was trying to sarcastically troll them.

How far uconn fan has fallen since circa 2009.
Still unbelievable to think they've won 2 titles since then. I wouldn't trade their current and future situations for ours, but I'm not sure any program had more success from 1999-2014, unless B12 regular season titles mean a lot to you.

Still unbelievable to think they've won 2 titles since then. I wouldn't trade their current and future situations for ours, but I'm not sure any program had more success from 1999-2014, unless B12 regular season titles mean a lot to you.

No. It must be a colossal tease for Kansas Fan.

It still ticks me off that two teams that weren’t even all that good won it. ‘99 and ‘04 were legit teams. We’ve had so many teams that were better than ‘11 and ‘14. Heck, we were arguably better than them IN ‘11 and ‘14 and those aren’t anywhere near the top of our best teams.

Still unbelievable to think they've won 2 titles since then. I wouldn't trade their current and future situations for ours, but I'm not sure any program had more LUCK from 1999-2014, unless B12 regular season titles mean a lot to you.

Fixed.

Fixed.
There's always a luck element to winning titles. Getting #1 seeds and having NBA talent over 15 years puts you in positions to 'get lucky' and win 6 games in a row. I think we must've been one of the most unlucky teams since 2004, between missing the NCAAT when we clearly should've made it in 2007, 2008, and 2017. Also being the clear best team in the country in 2010 and losing Onuaku right before the tournament, to being 31-3 in 2012, the only team that would challenge Kentucky, and losing Fab right before the tournament. We all agree SU should have titles in 2010 and 2012.

It still ticks me off that two teams that weren’t even all that good won it. ‘99 and ‘04 were legit teams. We’ve had so many teams that were better than ‘11 and ‘14. Heck, we were arguably better than them IN ‘11 and ‘14 and those aren’t anywhere near the top of our best teams.
'11 team actually had legit talents on it. '14 might be the worst team to ever win it.

'11 team actually had legit talents on it. '14 might be the worst team to ever win it.

Right. But ‘11 went .500 in the BE. And that title game was a very poorly played game.

Uses one of the best lines ever:

If Carmelo hadn’t carried him to that title, Boeheim would be thought of as an average coach who stayed at one school forever. Tyler Olander won more national championships in four years as a player than Boeheim has in 40-plus years as a coach. It’s frankly insulting to even mention him in the same breath as the TRUE all-time coaching greats.

I love Mark Titus and think he is a great writer and personality. His new Boeheim piece is a great read.

Jim Boeheim Is the Greatest Coach Who Never Fit the Part

What's going on here? Is he trolling?

What's going on here? Is he trolling?

No. Jim Boeheim is the only coach to win a championship with a great player like Carmelo Anthony as his best player. Every other champion was filled with gritty, heady, well coached gym rats. Jim Calhoun = Norman Dale minus Chitwood.

By the way, Ray Allen >>> Melo.

UConn asstard logic^^^^

If I was a uconn fan I'd demand credit for that Tyler Olander line tho. That clunker was pulled right off their board.

No. AAC is its own new conference. The Big East still exists in basketball.

I think I recall that the new "Big East" had to buy the rights to the name and the records from what are now the AAC members who used to be in the original Big East.

I was with a friend this weekend who is a high school coach and loves college basketball but a west coast guy. He said to me it's crazy I was telling someone this week that UConn was a great program and now they are completely irrelevant to the point I forget they exist and they are finished forever I think. Those were his words. He the looked at me and said, "I know you hate them really bad but in a way don't you find it sad." I told him I actually kind of enjoy it and only think thank god that isn't Syracuse.