Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

Wonder how they decided on Orlando. College basketball is a tough enough sell in Florida let alone the quality of the AAC.
If you held the old BE in Orlando, it would have been full.

Last edited:
The AAC probably won't be using this photo in their awful "AMERICAN POW6R" campaign to become the 6th power conference

A8C74D99-CF1E-4A4A-AB34-A6186D8F20A9.jpeg

Remember James Akinjo? The now-decommitted upon guard who was just as good as Jalen Carey?

I mean, at this point, if you are buying what Ollie was selling, is that the type of player we’re looking for? The whole operation needs to be scrapped and rebuilt.

I honestly can care less.

Given that Ollie has shown zero ability to evaluate talent and build a roster, I'm not heartbroken and you shouldn't be either.

How can uconn fans not see that screwing their national title winning alumnus coach out of his buyout is a terrible, terrible look?

Schools firing 'for cause' look to be blatant attempts to wiggle out of big buyouts

"
UConn, of course, is in the middle of an NCAA investigation into its basketball program. It’s absolutely possible information will turn up to directly implicate Ollie and void his buyout clause.

But does anyone really believe that UConn would be dumping Ollie if he had parlayed that national championship into multiple NCAA tournament runs rather than slipping to mediocrity in the AAC? And if his alleged conduct in the NCAA case was so egregious to merit a firing with cause, why was there no “disciplinary procedure” the moment NCAA investigators started asking questions rather than 40 hours after a lifeless, season-ending loss to SMU?"

Schools firing 'for cause' look to be blatant attempts to wiggle out of big buyouts

"
UConn, of course, is in the middle of an NCAA investigation into its basketball program. It’s absolutely possible information will turn up to directly implicate Ollie and void his buyout clause.

But does anyone really believe that UConn would be dumping Ollie if he had parlayed that national championship into multiple NCAA tournament runs rather than slipping to mediocrity in the AAC? And if his alleged conduct in the NCAA case was so egregious to merit a firing with cause, why was there no “disciplinary procedure” the moment NCAA investigators started asking questions rather than 40 hours after a lifeless, season-ending loss to SMU?"

There’s no way in hell uconn fires a basketball coach under investigation who also happens to be 24-8 and a six seed in the NCAAT. Anyone who can blow a whistle gets that.

That's the only way you explain Syracuse getting in. It's the only way you explain St. Mary's not getting in. USC somehow falls short. Texas and Oklahoma don't even have to pass the Dayton clearinghouse. The #1 overall seed stares at Kentucky/Arizona in the sweet sixteen.

I don't even really hate Syracuse that much anymore. I root for them to lose, but it's mostly apathy. It's not apathy when year after year people prioritize subjective measurements over objective ones. There were two programs in Syracuse's conference alone that belonged in before them.

I get that you can go through and contest the selections regardless of who picks the field or what year it is. But that's the point. When somebody asks why Syracuse is in the field, somebody on the committee is going to mutter something about their strength of victories in quadrant two away from home and nobody will bother to ask anything more because the tournament makes a lot of money.

Notre Dame beat Syracuse, at Syracuse, without Colson and Farrell, and the resumes are similar. No way Cuse should get in over Notre Dame.

Cuse RPI 45
ND RPI 70

Cuse NCSOS 14
ND NCOS 178

Cuse Q1 wins 4
ND Q1 wins 2.

Similar resumes IMO.

Exactly. Thank you for confirming the stupidity of the selection committee, in part for using the RPI, and secondly, for using such idiocy to justify selecting an SU team that had no business in the tournament.

Teams better than SU ? St. Mary's, ND, Maryland, Louisville, Penn State, Baylor, Middle Tennessee, Marquette, USC. Hell, I'll even add Western Kentucky.

Oh, and using the RPI SOS is actually worse than using the RPI itself. There are lots of measures of SOS vastly better than the RPI, and in many of them, not only is the SU SOS not that high, but comparable or even lower than ND (who beat SU on their home floor).

So, we had better numbers, but it doesn't count because they're not the numbers uconn fan wants to use? Huh?

And apparently Maryland is better than us. So congrats mark turgeon.

So, we had better numbers, but it doesn't count because they're not the numbers uconn fan wants to use? Huh?

And apparently Maryland is better than us. So congrats mark turgeon.

Decided to read that thread sadly.

The best part was disputing RPI and NCSOS numbers for Notre Dame with "The RPI I saw had Notre Dame at 31"

Are they aware how the RPI is calculated?

It was a very shortsighted decision on my part to go all in and get banned from the boneyard years ago when they were still a pretty good program. I could really have some fun over there right now.

The only two established good basketball coaches that they could get in their wildest dreams are the women’s b-ball coach and the old men’s b-ball coach.

No outside established coach will want that job.

The only two established good basketball coaches that they could get in their wildest dreams are the women’s b-ball coach and the old men’s b-ball coach.

No outside established coach will want that job.

as others have said, its a mid-major stepping stone job. the best they can hope for is an up and coming lower mid-major or D2/3 coach who will take the job and leave the program in a better place when he moves up in 3-5 years.

It was a very shortsighted decision on my part to go all in and get banned from the boneyard years ago when they were still a pretty good program. I could really have some fun over there right now.
it was definitely a "be careful what you wish for" move. hey coach, a program with no resources that expects NCs or bust. good luck with that

as others have said, its a mid-major stepping stone job. the best they can hope for is an up and coming lower mid-major or D2/3 coach who will take the job and leave the program in a better place when he moves up in 3-5 years.

Yup. Or they gotta hope that there’s another UConn alum with some NBA career clout that actually wants the job even though he doesn’t need it and can actually coach. But after the way they’re doing Ollie dirty? Good luck with that.

Yup. Or they gotta hope that there’s another UConn alum with some NBA career clout that actually wants the job even though he doesn’t need it and can actually coach. But after the way they’re doing Ollie dirty? Good luck with that.

they couldn't steal the current Rutgers coach, even if they wanted to

Let's see, they play in a crap league with little to no resources and they are facing sanctions. Just what a up and coming young coach would be looking for. Oh, and they just had back to back losing seasons and they fired a coach they had just given a extension to who was one of their own. Now they are trying to keep the money they promised that alum. Class organization