Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

look, if the were smart, they wouldn't have gone to UConn. For that moron's information, we had a much better all time record in the Big East. We have more final fours. We have dominated them head to head which is still the first tie breaker in any league any of us have ever played in. And we aren't going extinct like they are in their hoop league. Sooner or later, sooner I think, their hoop team will look a lot like their football team. Oh, and their empty court, is a joke.

Yeah but he picks his NOSE.

look, if the were smart, they wouldn't have gone to UConn..

In fairness, UConn is actually a very good school and not so easy to get into. I also think that any one of us would trade ‘more Final Fours’ for 4 Nattys. Other than that you make interesting points.

In fairness, UConn is actually a very good school and not so easy to get into. I also think that any one of us would trade ‘more Final Fours’ for 4 Nattys. Other than that you make interesting points.

They used to have a great basketball program, no question.

Now they’re bad though. Their fans that they have left don’t seem to realize that it’s over for them. That’s basically why this thread exists.

Yes four national titles would be nice.

At the expense of back to back losing seasons, a pathetic conference slate and program uncertainty? Nah, I’m good.
Not counting the pathetic NCAA sanctions, you have to go back 50 seasons to Roy Danforth's first year as coach to remember the last time Cuse had a losing season. I don't think any other school can claim that record. So FU NCAA.

Yes, more than one natty would be nice but we have been sooooo close a couple times. Close enough to keep 20,000+ fans coming out in the middle of winter game after game to support their favorite program.

Not counting the pathetic NCAA sanctions, you have to go back 50 seasons to Roy Danforth's first year as coach to remember the last time Cuse had a losing season. I don't think any other school can claim that record. So FU NCAA.

Yes, more than one natty would be nice but we have been sooooo close a couple times. Close enough to keep 20,000+ fans coming out in the middle of winter game after game to support their favorite program.

We know we’ve at least got an outside crack almost every season, and have exciting matchups with other elite programs to see where we stand every season. Every year is exciting.

I can’t imagine having zero chance and no big matchups to get fired up for. Brutal stuff.

Those morons over there talk about Syracuse Ike Storrs is some tropical paradise. It’s in Connecticut. There’s no reason go there besides to drive through it.
The literally have a diary bar on campus, for the husbandry students. There are cows and chickens across the street from main campus.
That said, the campus is very nice, and according to my son, the dining hall food is excellent.

It’s hilarious how entitled they act just because of one letter (AAC vs. ACC). Sure, conference is not an insignificant factor, but our overall profile, recent poor seasons and all, still beats theirs. And it’s not particularly close. You can’t just ignore history (4>1*), facilities (state of the art Werth Center vs. a 40 year old bubble), and stability (Hurley in his 40s vs. Boeheim in his 70s), not to mention many other factors.

Pretty slick move comparing their (unfinished) facility to the Dome, and not mention where they, um, actually play games.

Pretty slick move comparing their (unfinished) facility to the Dome.
Nick must be a moron. The 40 year old Hurley is using UConn for what they are now. A stepping stone. And as far as ignoring history, UConn did that for years with their football program compared to ours. Thank God those days are long over. And what other factors Nickki? Your school isn't as good. Your state, which you rely on for aid, is broke. And once again, ask yourself, why didn't anyone want you guys? There is an answer. And it's one you don't want to admit.

Nick must be a moron. The 40 year old Hurley is using UConn for what they are now. A stepping stone. And as far as ignoring history, UConn did that for years with their football program compared to ours. Thank God those days are long over. And what other factors Nickki? Your school isn't as good. Your state, which you rely on for aid, is broke. And once again, ask yourself, why didn't anyone want you guys? There is an answer. And it's one you don't want to admit.

He’s obviously a moron, but I do admire how flippant he is with the whole conference thing.

ONE LETTER!

Not to stop the UCONN trashing, but I do think that UCONN had good potential as a BB school still, mainly because of their fanbase and tradition. But i will be a different sort of life, more like Gonzaga in the WCC. Can pull in good recruits, but missing the marquee matchups that make being a fan fun. If UCONN can become Gonzaga east, then Hurley might not leave. But of course, before then, UCONN needs to start dominating the American I stead of coming in like 8th placem

Not to stop the UCONN trashing, but I do think that UCONN had good potential as a BB school still, mainly because of their fanbase and tradition. But i will be a different sort of life, more like Gonzaga in the WCC. Can pull in good recruits, but missing the marquee matchups that make being a fan fun. If UCONN can become Gonzaga east, then Hurley might not leave. But of course, before then, UCONN needs to start dominating the American I stead of coming in like 8th placem
that would have been a good strategy to pursue, but the gonzaga of the east position has been filled by villanova.

classic sunk cost fallacy: the state of connecticut has poured so much $$$ into the school's football program that they are hesitant to give up on it. so instead of the gonzaga of the east, they can only hope to occasionally be the university of nevada of the east

Pretty slick move comparing their (unfinished) facility to the Dome, and not mention where they, um, actually play games.

I didn’t know posters like him still existed in 2018. His whole act of blatantly dishonest spinning of facts that everybody can see is BS but he does it anyway - it is like straight out of the 2002 playbook for overly invested message board fans.

Fitting for their program I guess? Relic program deserves relic fans.

that would have been a good strategy to pursue, but the gonzaga of the east position has been filled by villanova.

classic sunk cost fallacy: the state of connecticut has poured so much $$$ into the school's football program that they are hesitant to give up on it. so instead of the gonzaga of the east, they can only hope to occasionally be the university of nevada of the east
Nah, Villanova is a totally different situation. The Big East is at least the 3rd best BB conference in the country. Maybe better.

This isn’t what we’re here for.

Nah, Villanova is a totally different situation. The Big East is at least the 3rd best BB conference in the country. Maybe better.
yes, exactly. nova is in the situation that can create an eastern gonzaga. uconn is not.