Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

funniest thread i've ever seen. They are convinced that we pulled strings to keep them out of the ACC. BC says hello.

Yet they ignore the buoy thrown them. Those 2017-2018 attendance figures would have been even more depressing if they hadn't played Syracuse with their largest attendance of the year. (17532) The past 2 years, their games against SU have been their highest attended games all season.

That was a really good team. Ray Allen killed us in the BET and then they won a great* game against AI and Georgetown.

*At least if youre an impartial fan. Otherwise I wouldn't have minded if the court sank into the ground.

No wonder no one goes to UConn men's games. Who wants to pay that money to watch AAC dreck

Smart of them to split the package between their on campus arena and the XL dump downtown
unnamed.jpg

auror said: ↑

NBA teams keep mistakenly drafting their players.

Of the last 17 Syracuse players drafted (everyone post Melo), 0 have averaged 50 starts per season over their career. 11 1st round picks. 0 solid starters.​

Not a big negative recruiting guy, but that stat should be shouted by every recruiter competing with Syracuse for a player. It would be borderline criminal to do otherwise

Let's discuss this.

"Let's shout that Syracuse has had 16 players drafted overall and 10 players in the 1st round in the last 10 years meanwhile our coach has no 1st round picks in his whole entire career!"

I'm also a fan of this narrative in general - most kids just want a chance. If you can get them to ground 1, they think they'll make it in the league no matter what happened before them.

But for UConn to call out the fact that we've had 10 first picks in 11 years as a negative just screams desperation

NBA teams keep mistakenly drafting their players.​
Of the last 17 Syracuse players drafted (everyone post Melo), 0 have averaged 50 starts per season over their career. 11 1st round picks. 0 solid starters.​

Not a big negative recruiting guy, but that stat should be shouted by every recruiter competing with Syracuse for a player. It would be borderline criminal to do otherwise

Let's discuss this.

"Let's shout that Syracuse has had 16 players drafted overall and 10 players in the 1st round in the last 10 years meanwhile our coach has no 1st round picks in his whole entire career!"

I'm also a fan of this narrative in general - most kids just want a chance. If you can get them to ground 1, they think they'll make it in the league no matter what happened before them.

But for UConn to call out the fact that we've had 10 first picks in 11 years as a negative just screams desperation
On the other hand, if it isn't being shouted to all recruits that UConn is a dying program that no league wanted and no one cares about. Throw in they are suing a former player and coach. Oh, and we are going to beat them again this year.

Shes cute TBH.
Either I feel really stupid or the women's game has lost any lustre it ever had. This girl (33) is one of the top players in the country (1st team All American the last two years) and I have never heard of her. But then again, besides Breanna Stewart or Skylar Diggins how many other players in the last ten years are recognizable for the average men's basketball fan.

Either I feel really stupid or the women's game has lost any lustre it ever had. This girl (33) is one of the top players in the country (1st team All American the last two years) and I have never heard of her. But then again, besides Breanna Stewart or Skylar Diggins how many other players in the last ten years are recognizable for the average men's basketball fan.
tenor.gif

Let's discuss this.

Those NBA #s speak to JB's greatness as a coach.

This has to be one of the most blatantly idiotic takes on a situation that I’ve ever read.
Since when is getting multiple players, over multiple years, getting consistently drafted as 1st round picks to the NBA, a negative?
Every program’s MO is to get kids to the next level- hell, that’s PayPalCal’s main selling point to getting those all-star squads he puts out every year! And what a kid does after getting his opportunity is due to any number of factors, but just like when you earn a degree, the next part is entirely up to you. Coach K used to get roasted because Duke didn’t “produce” nba players. Funny thing is he kept winning games though. So yes, UIdiots...shout it from the rooftops how SU keeps producing NBA players, and the Association continues to “mistakenly “ draft them. Lol
The Mutts desperation is entertaining to watch.

This has to be one of the most blatantly idiotic takes on a situation that I’ve ever read.
Since when is getting multiple players, over multiple years, getting consistently drafted as 1st round picks to the NBA, a negative?
Every program’s MO is to get kids to the next level- hell, that’s PayPalCal’s main selling point to getting those all-star squads he puts out every year! And what a kid does after getting his opportunity is due to any number of factors, but just like when you earn a degree, the next part is entirely up to you. Coach K used to get roasted because Duke didn’t “produce” nba players. Funny thing is he kept winning games though. So yes, UIdiots...shout it from the rooftops how SU keeps producing NBA players, and the Association continues to “mistakenly “ draft them. Lol
The Mutts desperation is entertaining to watch.

Those people are gone. As bad as Rutgers football fans.

A program with their history of success...you’d think the fan base would be sort of knowledgeable. They don’t have a clue. Don’t really go to games anymore either. They are a negative for that program. Syracuse will always be good because we will always have the support for the program.

This obsession with mocking the other board that our board's owner owns, and the team he is a fan of is rather unhealthy psychologically, in my observation, It seems like addictive behavior, which I'm somewhat familiar with, lol.

Maybe we can put an over/under on the thread, guess the date it reaches TT thread levels, etc...kind of like the iggies, but focused on your performance instead of the team.

How come there arent numerous threads about Georgetown's board? This neurotic behavior is actually interesting. I'm curious what stimulus actually is behind it. ;) Seriously, you guys seem far more obsessed with them than vice versa, which in a sense negates much of what you say, like DC of Fab Melo blocking what looked like it would be a dunk. I'm working on my Andy Kaufman bit here, work with me gents! There are some members I still haven't alienated with the truth yet. Come on, this isn't a sacred cow like the official 9/11 story, is it? Is UConn at god-like status? Maybe focus first on winning back the NY's college team(tm)(lol) title belt? I wonder if St John's and the Bonnies have threads about the antics on here? Get angry, darnit! Maybe win a couple in a row, maybe even convincingly, instead of getting beat by them every other year.

I think my first avatar on was Otto beating down the Husky mascot, but I guess I dislike seeing defenseless gang rapes. Sports have competition, so maybe I'll play devil's advocate(tm). Gloating when youve acheived nothing is not becoming, in my humble opinion, lol. I guess I didnt read this thread and maybe some folks from the Boneyard(more clever name) caught wind of the stench and came to see what was up? Now that would likely be more interesting. I still recall the nice thread on the Boneyard that many of us saw, where there was decency, lol. Let me know if they frequented this thread, and I may retract anything that was not accurate.
Interestlingly(for me anyhow), this was the last song they released with the real version of the band. Seriously, consider the lyrics to this song...

Last edited:
This obsession with mocking the other board that our board's owner owns, and the team he is a fan of is rather unhealthy psychologically, in my observation, It seems like addictive behavior, which I'm somewhat familiar with, lol.

Maybe we can put an over/under on the thread, guess the date it reaches TT thread levels, etc...kind of like the iggies, but focused on your performance instead of the team.

How come there arent numerous threads about Georgetown's board? This neurotic behavior is actually interesting. I'm curious what stimulus actually is behind it. ;) Seriously, you guys seem far more obsessed with them than vice versa, which in a sense negates much of what you say, like DC of Fab Melo blocking what looked like it would be a dunk. I'm working on my Andy Kaufman bit here, work with me gents! There are some members I still haven't alienated with the truth yet. Come on, this isn't a sacred cow like the official 9/11 story, is it? Is UConn at god-like status? Maybe focus first on winning back the NY's college team(tm)(lol) title belt? I wonder if St John's and the Bonnies have threads about the antics on here? Get angry, darnit! Maybe win a couple in a row, maybe even convincingly, instead of getting beat by them every other year.

I think my first avatar on was Otto beating down the Husky mascot, but I guess I dislike seeing defenseless gang rapes. Sports have competition, so maybe I'll play devil's advocate(tm). Gloating when youve acheived nothing is not becoming, in my humble opinion, lol. I guess I didnt read this thread and maybe some folks from the Boneyard(more clever name) caught wind of the stench and came to see what was up? Now that would likely be more interesting. I still recall the nice thread on the Boneyard that many of us saw, where there was decency, lol. Let me know if they frequented this thread, and I may retract anything that was not accurate.
Interestlingly(for me anyhow), this was the last song they released with the real version of the band. Seriously, consider the lyrics to this song...

You would be wrong if you think we are more obsessed with them than they are with us. Period. Stop. We have moved on and they hate us for it. We make fun of them. Hard to understand why you can't understand the difference. Oh, and I buy a lot from Amazon. And when I do, I make sure the board gets the credit. That is how I recognize our board "owner". Not by being nice to a group that wishes us nothing but misery.

Last edited:
You would be wrong if you think we are more obsessed with them than they are with us. Period. Stop. We have moved on and they hate us for it. We make fun of them. Hard to understand why you can't understand the difference.

I disagree. You're reaching with the semantics, in my opinion. You really look moved on. It seems more like youre trying to convince yourself and others of it, when it isnt the case. The constant attention is self-evident. Come at me Dasher, I know you can do better than that!

Are you trying to claim that you dont make fun of teams before you move on? That l;ogic doesnt work, and actually seems like the opposite of the truth. A team you care to pay attention to is going to get more fun made at it...Patrick Ewing supposedly being illiiterate, if you want an example.

Last edited:
I disagree. You're reaching with the semantics, in my opinion. You really look moved on. It seems more like youre trying to convince yourself and others of it, when it isnt the case. The attention is self-evident. Come at me Dasher, I know you can do better than that!
lol I don't need to go at you. You are making a ridiculous argument. Why? I have no idea. I live in Ct. These people hate us. Period. And as I said, you may not have read it, I take care of Tom and the board by buying from Amazon and making sure our board gets the credit. I go out of my way to do that.

What I long for is the day when you guys can make a thread like this about Duke and UNC, teams we're actually supposed to care about... lol.

I dont dislike you Dasher, I was just looking for some debate and without reading the thread I made an assumption that there wasnt a decent amount of Boneyard folks participating, which I suppose could have been wrong. It's just part of who I am to dislike seeing defenseless beatings...kind of a public defender mentality.

Seriously though, I wish folks could find a tenth of this obsession about our current conference members. Im guessing that wont happen until we're no longer the victims of such disgraceful beatdowns? So I'm guessing that is some displacement of frustration on someone you prefer to think of as lesser, though they beat us every other year, despite the great disadvantages you folks mockingly say they face. Am I the only one who sees the irony and humor of it all? I've truly moved on, and am rooting for you guys to hopefully do the same and find something to say about our superbowls. I mean, I think we have a legit shot this season to not get bent over like we have been, and possibly even win!

Dasher, I do want to express appreciation for you helping the guy out, even though you ruthlessly mock his team. It's just hard for me to accept that the irony of this isnt visible to anyone else. Maybe I need to go buy a 12 pack to help me get it? lol

I'll just say it plainly. You guys still have a bone for Uconn.

I mean, do we even have a current rivalry? Am I the only one who misses that, instead of living in the past? Short post. Maybe the Bonnies/Johnnies, lol?

What I long for is the day when you guys can make a thread like this about Duke and UNC, teams we're actually supposed to care about... lol.

I dont dislike you Dasher, I was just looking for some debate and without reading the thread I made an assumption that there wasnt a decent amount of Boneyard folks participating, which I suppose could have been wrong. It's just part of who I am to dislike seeing defenseless beatings...kind of a public defender mentality.

Seriously though, I wish folks could find a tenth of this obsession about our current conference members. Im guessing that wont happen until we're no longer the victims of such disgraceful beatdowns? So I'm guessing that is some displacement of frustration on someone you prefer to think of as lesser, though they beat us every other year, despite the great disadvantages you folks mockingly say they face. Am I the only one who sees the irony and humor of it all? I've truly moved on, and am rooting for you guys to hopefully do the same and find something to say about our superbowls. I mean, I think we have a legit shot this season to not get bent over like we have been, and possibly even win!

Dasher, I do want to express appreciation for you helping the guy out, even though you ruthlessly mock his team. It's just hard for me to accept that the irony of this isnt visible to anyone else. Maybe I need to go buy a 12 pack to help me get it? lol

I'll just say it plainly. You guys still have a bone for Uconn.
I have never seen a poster so critical of the fans of the team he is supposedly rooting for. UConn doesn't take any beating here. Someone here reports some moronic thing they say on their board and it gets mocked here. Newsflash, that is what fans do. As for our current conference foes, it takes time to build up hate. Or an event like Manley Field House is now closed. And if you think I ruthlessly mock UConn here, you have another thing coming. Go to the politics board and you will see ruthlessly mocked.