Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

I mean there’s an even longer thread about Rutgers.

Also, you’re dumb. And oblivious.

“Obsessing over the boneyard”...think he missed the point of the thread - which would seem pretty hard to do but whatever.

The boneyard is comic relief. It’s the goofy, one dimensional punchline. The joke. It’s Screech. It’s Waldo Geraldo Faldo.

I try very hard to respect other fan bases and look at things from their point of view.

But THIS thread on Boneyard...I, I, I just can't.

Their football team is 1-6 and this thread showed up this weekend after they lost.

2.jpeg
1.jpeg

I try very hard to respect other fan bases and look at things from their point of view.

Their football team is 1-6 and this thread showed up this weekend after they lost.

View attachment 142400View attachment 142401

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with that. It's a fan board. A post like that beats the heck out of the "we suck and we have no chance to win ever again" type posts. All message boards are wracked by hyper emotionality, overreactions, immaturity, etc. A month ago, we had a long thread about how Dungey was going to be Heisman finalist. And if that was absurd enough on its face, we now have multiple threads that say he should be benched for a freshman the rest of the way. You kind of just have to roll with it, but sharpshooting other team's message boards looking for little stuff like this optimistic post to make fun of is a poor form in my book. Go for it when they are trashing us, but for this, I'd leave it lie.

I get it, I get the fan enthusiasm. But you have to temper it with some realism if you want to be taken seriously.

You're right though. You have to respect the excitement and devotion of the fans and I do. Its just, 1-6 and after yet another loss, you get a thread like that? I mean its funny more than anything else.

Akok 'Cuse Visit

Eh. This is what passes for humor in Connecticut?

I somehow made it to page 2. I was amused when one guy said Hartford is not that great either... and then some guy strikes out Hartford, and associates UConn with New York City.

One is 26 miles from Storrs... the other 140 miles.

Pictures from a recent visit of a potential recruit at UConn.

1540340994797.png

1540341037679.png

1540341317223.png

1540341070983.png

6D3F861F-68CC-48B0-84A8-432F66F228FC.png

Look I don’t want to sht on a kid who’s had terrible luck with injuries but not sure this is going to have the desired effect.

Love the custom sig self-own tho.

Didn’t Gilbert only go there after we got Battle?

Only UConn fans would try to brag that we didn’t get a guy who’s played like 5 games in two seasons when we got someone who might be is an Athlon First Team All American.

fify

There is nothing about UConn other than namesake alone that is representative of a program that won 4 titles. That is the reality they all fight with and try to deny every day. They can crap all over other programs and try to act like they are still the same program all day long. They aren't.

There is nothing about UConn other than namesake alone that is representative of a program that won 4 titles. That is the reality they all fight with and try to deny every day. They can crap all over other programs and try to act like they are still the same program all day long. They aren't.

The last really loaded UConn team was the one we beat in 6 OT’s. ‘11 and ‘14 got hot at the right time and rode a wave of good luck with matchups through the tourney.

Last regular season league title was 2006! They used to be a perennial contender in the 90s and 00’s.

Now they’re a program that has losing seasons and can’t fill a 10,000 seat arena.

View attachment 142400View attachment 142401

Plenty on here to mock them for but this is pretty reasonable. Those 5 teams suck and the hardest is the last. Not sure whats wrong with a Uconn fan supporting their (crappy) football team he thinks his Huskies will beat Umass, Tulsa, SMU, and ECU and might have a shot vs Temple good for him.

Probably the only normal guy on that board the rest of them are too busy talking about how Syracuse is a frozen nuclear wasteland while Hartford/Stoors is a tropical paradise or still laughing about a HOF coach picking his nose one time 12 years ago.

Plenty on here to mock them for but this is pretty reasonable. Those 5 teams suck and the hardest is the last. Not sure whats wrong with a Uconn fan supporting their (crappy) football team he thinks his Huskies will beat Umass, Tulsa, SMU, and ECU and might have a shot vs Temple good for him.

Probably the only normal guy on that board the rest of them are too busy talking about how Syracuse is a frozen nuclear wasteland while Hartford/Stoors is a tropical paradise or still laughing about a HOF coach picking his nose one time 12 years ago.

My point is that the team is 1-5 and this guy thinks - based on a good showing in their 5th loss - that they are now going to run the table and this nightmare of a season will result in a bowl bid. C’mon man. Yes, as a fan you always want to have hope but this is a bit out there and irrational. As Syracuse football fans I think we know firsthand how difficult it is to get 6 wins when you DON’T start out 1-5.

In a non Syracuse game I don't think I've ever rooted harder for a team in college hoops than George Mason in 2006 vs. that despicable storz team.

Nah - FGCU vs Georgetown is the all-time greatest non-SU game to have rooted for.

18ibgm06brra7gif.gif

GFCULob_original.gif

FGCU-PUTBACK.gif

UConn isn't even relevant enough to get trucked like this and have anybody care anymore.

Nah - FGCU vs Georgetown is the all-time greatest non-SU game to have rooted for.

18ibgm06brra7gif.gif

GFCULob_original.gif

FGCU-PUTBACK.gif

UConn isn't even relevant enough to get trucked like this and have anybody care anymore.
That game (really the whole season) is one of my most tresured sports memories. I still can’t help but smile when I see these. On a side note FGCU’s HC, Joe Dooely, left for ECU after a success run with the Eagles and will be replaced by Andy Enfield disciple in 35 y/o Michael Fly who will be looking to go back to the original style of Dunk City. They lost 4.5 starters from last year, but IMO are deeper and will be much more balanced this year, which will help since they will be doing a lot of pressing.

Ok I had to get my yearly fix of writing about FGCU, now back to laughing at UCant.

Correct in the present, but in 2006 that wasn't the case.

My point is that the team is 1-5 and this guy thinks - based on a good showing in their 5th loss - that they are now going to run the table and this nightmare of a season will result in a bowl bid. C’mon man. Yes, as a fan you always want to have hope but this is a bit out there and irrational. As Syracuse football fans I think we know firsthand how difficult it is to get 6 wins when you DON’T start out 1-5.

Think about this. They have played two games this year against former Yankee Conference foes URI and UMass and the combined score is 73-71 in UConn's favor.

They are essentially right back where they were before Randy took over the program and brought them out of 1-AA.

Everything since 1999 has been for naught. They have wasted 20 years and are right back where they started.