Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Sounds good in theory, but would UConn football draw at Yankee Stadium? They haven't even been able to get their own fans at their home stadium. Would playing Syracuse in NYC in football change that?

SU-UConn hoops at MSG is a whole different ballgame - literally - does SU-UConn football have that kind of juice?
They are the 6th Borough!

That means they will bring 5000.

I'd expect a game at YS would draw about 25-30K if they price the tickets correctly.

HOFCeluck

The worms are their money
Their brains are so broken...

It was nice to see the 'cuse guys lose just now. Couldn't care less about most of their players, but revel in Devendorf losing. And their fans.
It also occurs to me that the correct name for a team of former syracuse players would be The EXCUSE.

HOFCeluck

Great news! A study was just done concluding that UConn NBA players had the highest median salary since 1991!

If this is not recruiting gold, I don't know what is.

And there's poor old Kentucky, in 10th place.

Where's 'cuse?
I know you are lurking Danny. Please get this out to all prospects ASAP!
Yes Danny Hurley, who I can only assume has placed myriad NBA players from UCONN needs to put this on blast.

jdubs30

Living Legend
Great news! A study was just done concluding that UConn NBA players had the highest median salary since 1991!

Yes Danny Hurley, who I can only assume has placed myriad NBA players from UCONN needs to put this on blast.

Lol bragging about something that was done before you and all of your staff (except the great Tom Moore) was there. What a weapon!

Also Cal, Wake Forest and Georgetown were ahead of Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, etc.

Think Cal will start pulling guys instead of UK and UNC now ?

HOFCeluck

I like the posts that said they don’t have a TBT team because their alums “don’t need the money”

Everyone knows Tony Robertson is sitting on millions!
They’re really painting themselves into a corner if/when UConn puts a team together.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
I like the posts that said they don’t have a TBT team because their alums “don’t need the money”

Everyone knows Tony Robertson is sitting on millions!
You just know that Ed Nelson is in some Massachusetts YMCA at lunch hours every Monday and Thursday, setting screens and then pivoting as the defender steps over them to try to catch the guy off balance and knock him down, mad as hell that all the good former UConn players now hate the school.

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Lol bragging about something that was done before you and all of your staff (except the great Tom Moore) was there. What a weapon!

Also Cal, Wake Forest and Georgetown were ahead of Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, etc.

Think Cal will start pulling guys instead of UK and UNC now ?
I feel like Wake has had like 10 NBA players ever(Muggsy, Rodney Rogers, Childress, Josh Howard, Aminu, Teague, Songalia...I’m done), but Chris Paul and Tim Duncan are two of them. How did that happen?

HOFCeluck

I feel like Wake has had like 10 NBA players ever(Muggsy, Rodney Rogers, Childress, Josh Howard, Aminu, Teague, Songalia...I’m done), but Chris Paul and Tim Duncan are two of them. How did that happen?
Darius Songalia! There’s a blast from the past. Pretty sure we played against him in the 2001 Preseason NIT. He played in the NBA 8 years! As many as Warrick!

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Darius Songalia! There’s a blast from the past. Pretty sure we played against him in the 2001 Preseason NIT. He played in the NBA 8 years! As many as Warrick!
Yeah, he wasn’t bad for those Kings teams early in his career!

Yeah, he was Wake’s senior star. I mainly remember Deshaun playing great, and Duany playing well and throwing down a reverse dunk against Wake in that preseason NIT title run.

HOFCeluck

Boeheim will continue to push the 2-3 zone so that he can prepare his players for a future in the TBT. NCAA and conference tournaments are too hard so it might be the only tournament a Syracuse team will come close to winning.
Jokes on this guy. Zone doesn’t even work in TBT.

Also as an aside, isn’t calling it “the TBT” analogous to “ATM machine?”

Admiral33

Walk On
Just looking at the updated rankings on 24/7.. why has Akok fallen so much? Just curious. Almost every place doesn't even list him as a 5 star now. Did I miss something?

Hoo's That

Hall of Fame
Just looking at the updated rankings on 24/7.. why has Akok fallen so much? Just curious. Almost every place doesn't even list him as a 5 star now. Did I miss something?
Not recruited by any of the Big Boys any longer? These recruiting evaluators in all sports are notorious for increasing or decreasing a recruit's star rating based on who is/has stopped recruiting him/her.

OrangeDW

Living Legend

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom