Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

NYT article on schools starting or dropping football teams. {May be behind paywall.}

Relevant quote:

Roby [the AD who ended football at Northeastern], who retired last year, understood the bitterness. But he insisted he had acted in the best interests of Northeastern in an era when the supremacy of college football is being questioned.

He pointed to the University of Connecticut, which in recent years invested heavily in football to compete at the highest level in the N.C.A.A. The program has struggled to attract fans and is 11-45 in the also-ran American Athletic Conference since 2013.

“They can’t draw anybody to games, they have no natural rivalries and they’re not very good,” Roby said. “Is that what people want?”

NYT article on schools starting or dropping football teams. {May be behind paywall.}

Relevant quote:

Roby [the AD who ended football at Northeastern], who retired last year, understood the bitterness. But he insisted he had acted in the best interests of Northeastern in an era when the supremacy of college football is being questioned.

He pointed to the University of Connecticut, which in recent years invested heavily in football to compete at the highest level in the N.C.A.A. The program has struggled to attract fans and is 11-45 in the also-ran American Athletic Conference since 2013.

“They can’t draw anybody to games, they have no natural rivalries and they’re not very good,” Roby said. “Is that what people want?”

Well, they have always got "Fiesta Bowl!"

Well, they have always got "Fiesta Bowl!"

That was a painful day for me, but storz being in a BCS bowl was the #2 reason. I did a parlay on all the NYD bowl games that year. I got the first one wrong (can't remember, too lazy to look it up) when the other side made a Fucillo like 2nd half comeback. Of course I got all the remaining ones correct.

603223D2-D2F9-44D5-B2AF-5BFAAB251617.png

On a message board full of self unaware posts/people, this post/person is the self unawareiest.

Last edited:
View attachment 176608

On a message board full of self unaware posts/people, the post/person is the self unawareiest.

I could go on and on about this post but I will just go with the dumbest comment . “Syracuse is in the middle of nowhere” ...maybe this clown hasnt been to Storrs even tho hes a Uconn fan but I have and that place makes Syracuse look like Manhattan. Definition of a podunk town

Actually, what the OP(for today's dose of insults) you are mocking is things that ALL have been said many other places besides the Boneyard. One of them happens to be right here(and far more than once), so maybe they deserve a bit of understanding for being allegedly misguided. Hopefully Dior can help change the perception.

Their board is quite a read after a loss. As is ours too.

The discussions around them getting into the tournament though after beating Tulsa is just too much... 12-10 with losses to USF and St Joe's and being bottom of the conference. I mean at least our tourney discussions only picked up as we went on a winning streak and are still quite realistic. The visions of grandeur are just hilarious.

Their board is quite a read after a loss. As is ours too.

The discussions around them getting into the tournament though after beating Tulsa is just too much... 12-10 with losses to USF and St Joe's and being bottom of the conference. I mean at least our tourney discussions only picked up as we went on a winning streak and are still quite realistic. The visions of grandeur are just hilarious.
But they’re UConn. Everyone wants UConn in the tournament. Otherwise, nobody will watch.