Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread. | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Official Boneyard Unintentional Hilarity Thread.

For laughs, I watched the last couple of minutes of the game, and the highlight was, with about :25 left, the PA announcer reminded the few dozen fans who were in attendance to wear white for the next home game, as they're going for a 'white out'.

also, Hurley seemed to have a lot to say to the St. Joe's coach during the post-game handshake. The St. Joe's coach seemed a bit puzzled by Hurley's comments.

For laughs, I watched the last couple of minutes of the game, and the highlight was, with about :25 left, the PA announcer reminded the few dozen fans who were in attendance to wear white for the next home game, as they're going for a 'white out'.

also, Hurley seemed to have a lot to say to the St. Joe's coach during the post-game handshake. The St. Joe's coach seemed a bit puzzled by Hurley's comments.

also threw his whole team under the bus and took zero blame

Hurley heard “whiteout” and got super excited.

Yeah I noticed that bizarre handshake too.

This St Joes team beat Bradley by five and got raced by ODU. I mean Jeff Jones is hot up and comer and ODU is a budding power according to some here...but come on.
I am not quite sure I'd call Jeff Jones a "hot up and comer". He's been a pretty good coach for a long while now. He did take Virginia to the Elite 8 by beating a pretty solid Kansas team in '95. He would have remained at Virginia but for some bad recruiting decisions and poor personal choices in his life. He rebounded well by doing a nice job at American University (which doesn't award athletic scholarships), and he has been pretty successful at ODU. It is worth noting how many sons of his former players decide to play for him, also.

Hurley's style of play belongs in the A-10 where he was. It is chaotic and just looks disorganized. They already lack a sound stable of shooters and brought in a class next year that isn't helping them. I think his first couple years in the Big East are going to be painful and hard for the patient 30 fans to swallow.

As for this year, they sure don't look like they are headed upwards.

Hurley's style of play belongs in the A-10 where he was. It is chaotic and just looks disorganized. They already lack a sound stable of shooters and brought in a class next year that isn't helping them. I think his first couple years in the Big East are going to be painful and hard for the patient 30 fans to swallow.

As for this year, they sure don't look like they are headed upwards.
And he does himself no favors - his aggressive style can lead to a Ton of fouls and he’s awful at working the refs - once he gets to the Big East I think he’ll be hated by the refs pretty quickly. He’s constantly whining and doesn’t have the pedigree to do so

he’s already had a ton of excuses so he’s putting a lot of pressure on the kids he’s bringing in since he’s insisting all the problems they’re having are essentially because Ollies kids suck

And he does himself no favors - his aggressive style can lead to a Ton of fouls and he’s awful at working the refs - once he gets to the Big East I think he’ll be hated by the refs pretty quickly. He’s constantly whining and doesn’t have the pedigree to do so.

he’s already had a ton of excuses so he’s putting a lot of pressure on the kids he’s bringing in since he’s insisting all the problems they’re having are essentially because Ollies kids suck
Flashback to Matt Doherty.

Ugg this is my fault they are beating Florida I bet the Gators they'd be down 20 if I didn't do it.

Boneyard whackjobs will claim they are FF bound if they win this one. Reality is that Florida is not good right now. They look very bubbly.

Boneyard whackjobs will claim they are FF bound if they win this one. Reality is that Florida is not good right now. They look very bubbly.

C'mon man, Florida was ranked 15 and UConn beat them. Give them credit.

C'mon man, Florida was ranked 15 and UConn beat them. Give them credit.

Florida was top 10 and lost to a mediocre FSU squad. They then barely held off Towson by 6. Their offense is not good. So their ranking is based off pre season hype more than anything. They have 9 new faces.

It's a good win for UConn after an awful loss at home to St Joe's. My point wasn't it saying it would mean nothing. Just to note it isn't as impressive as I am sure they will tout it over there. Florida's offense looks like SU's last year.

Syracuse wins tournament games and beats Duke : “ THEY ONLY WIN BY SCORING 60 WHO WANTS TO WATCH OR WIN LIKE THAT

UConn gets their 2nd win in 18 tries vs an overrated ranked team by scoring 60: “THEYRES NO SUCH THING AS AN UGLY WIN GOTTA LOVE THE DEFENSE”

Syracuse wins tournament games and beats Duke : “ THEY ONLY WIN BY SCORING 60 WHO WANTS TO WATCH OR WIN LIKE THAT

UConn gets their 2nd win in 18 tries vs an overrated ranked team by scoring 60: “THEYRES NO SUCH THING AS AN UGLY WIN GOTTA LOVE THE DEFENSE”

That's my point. Dont be hypocrites like that. A win is a win and a loss is loss.

Conference realignment and their Cal Ripkenesque streak of losing seasons has broken their brains so completely and irreversibly they’ve collectively blue-pilled themselves into believing it’s perpetually 2009.
Lol we went to the final four 4 years ago and the sweet 16 2 years ago.

That's my point. Dont be hypocrites like that. A win is a win and a loss is loss.

Not following where there was hypocrisy in my post at all. Everything I said was based on the expected reaction of the boneyard very much in line with the entire premise of this thread.

Also nothing I called out about Florida is crazy either. The Boneyard screaming about this win as more than it was is no different than any SU fan contending beating Colgate somehow shows UVA was an anomaly and we are most certainly set for great things this year.

Neither is more than an irrational take, yet it will happen in both cases.