OFFICIAL: Cuse Tabs Jason Beck as QB Coach | Syracusefan.com

OFFICIAL: Cuse Tabs Jason Beck as QB Coach

So I assume Beck is an “up in the box” type? Anyone know about Anae? Are they both in the box? Can we expect the QBs to have some headset time during games?

So I assume Beck is an “up in the box” type? Anyone know about Anae? Are they both in the box? Can we expect the QBs to have some headset time during games?
Man I hope Beck is an on the sidelines guy. I want him meeting GS after every score or transition of downs and reviewing formations in between.

Man I hope Beck is an on the sidelines guy. I want him meeting GS after every score or transition of downs and reviewing formations in between.
Makes sense. But the Mink article talked about him handling 2-minute drills and two plays ahead. Can he do that on the sideline?

We need info from Hoos That!

Makes sense. But the Mink article talked about him handling 2-minute drills and two plays ahead. Can he do that on the sideline?

We need info from Hoos That!
Maybe Anae in the booth with Beck on the sidelines with headset? Not sure, good question.

For the past couple of seasons, Beck has been up in the box and Anae has been on the sideline.

Wildhack2.png

I'm sure they will continue to do whatever they have done the last 9 seasons.
I am sure you are right about that. When you see your QB on the sidelines and not on phone or headset and the offense is stalling and there is no QB coach like this past year it's seemingly a problem. It's nice to know that there is proactive discussions and teaching moments happening throughout and is why I am commenting. With Becks reputation I am hopeful that is no longer a potential issue.

I hope Beck becomes another in the long line of former, young SU assistant coaches who went on to achieve bigger success.

JW said in his presser he wanted a qb guru, and I think the assumption was the guy would fill both roles. To get both the old hand and the rising young guy is an incredible outcome.

In two seasons team has gone from average at best to strong at all three coordinator positions and significantly improved positionally.

That is high level management. Couple this with navigating a very hard change for both lax programs and how that turned out, John has had a great year, even with some hard spots.

Last edited:
I am sure you are right about that. When you see your QB on the sidelines and not on phone or headset and the offense is stalling and there is no QB coach like this past year it's seemingly a problem. It's nice to know that there is proactive discussions and teaching moments happening throughout and is why I am commenting. With Becks reputation I am hopeful that is no longer a potential issue.
One of the things I am most excited about with these hires, among many, is Beck's reputation for calling plays under pressure (2 minute offense) and his in game insights (as per Mendenhall).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom