OFFICIAL: Cuse Tabs Jason Beck as QB Coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OFFICIAL: Cuse Tabs Jason Beck as QB Coach

JW said in his presser he wanted a qb guru, and I think the assumption was the guy would fill both roles. To get both the old hand and the rising young guy is an incredible outcome.

I two seasons team has gone from average at best to strong at all three coordinator positions and significantly improved positionally.

That is high level management. Couple this with navigating a very hard change for both lax programs and how that turned out, John has had a great year, even with some hard spots.
All the JW negativity was misguided at best.

Let's hope the lesson was learned when it comes time to pick JB's successor.

Ok, look, I know I'm the "Dome was built for passing guy" but... it's been baffling to me that our program historically has either a) had a QB coach but not really prioritized it being a high flyer (like Martin, for example) or b) has been unable to attract a top flight QB coach.

And now we have one of the best, that will be coaching QBs for a program that plays half or more of their games each season in the only Dome in college football. Absolute no-brainer.

Good things will come of this. Very good things.

200.gif

Now we as fans have to be patient and give them some time to turnaround and develop the offense. It took them 6 years at Virginia to get where they are. It's going to take a little more than a 1 year turnaround here. I think we have to give them 2 years min.

Ok, look, I know I'm the "Dome was built for passing guy" but... it's been baffling to me that our program historically has either a) had a QB coach but not really prioritized it being a high flyer (like Martin, for example) or b) has been unable to attract a top flight QB coach.

And now we have one of the best, that will be coaching QBs for a program that plays half or more of their games each season in the only Dome in college football. Absolute no-brainer.

Good things will come of this. Very good things.
I don’t want to hear anything about eggs

Now we as fans have to be patient and give them some time to turnaround and develop the offense. It took them 6 years at Virginia to get where they are. It's going to take a little more than a 1 year turnaround here. I think we have to give them 2 years min.

They have until the UConn game in Week 2.

I ain't gettin' any younger.

1f474.png

These two hires are truly program changing hires. The difference Coach Anae and Coach Beck will make will be immediately noticed and the results will be what we have hoped for for six years. Proven successful track records do matter. I am now excited about the 2022 season. Spin your magic Coach Anae and Coach Beck and take the Atlantic by storm. Here is to smooth offensive sailing. Go Orange!

JW said in his presser he wanted a qb guru, and I think the assumption was the guy would fill both roles. To get both the old hand and the rising young guy is an incredible outcome.

In two seasons team has gone from average at best to strong at all three coordinator positions and significantly improved positionally.

That is high level management. Couple this with navigating a very hard change for both lax programs and how that turned out, John has had a great year, even with some hard spots.
Agree with all this.

This was step one for solving our problems on offense and it was the best case scenario for adding an OC and QB coach. JW went bold, swung for the fences and went for the fences.

Do not ever remember us making hires like these two. Great to see the university again showing its willingness to invest in football.

We need to find and develop some WRs ASAP and maybe add a couple of OL too.

I would expect us to add a solid pass catching TE soon as well. We are going from one end of the bell curve to the other regarding passing to the TE.

I could not agree with you more and what I meant in my post is that it will not take long to know that both these coaches know what they are doing. I will be patient and wait for the results that will eventually come. Go Orange!

What turnaround? They have one of the best tb’s in the country returning. A line that has proven it is very good at run blocking. The pass game has to be average, that’s it. Improved protection, qb fundamentals improvement.

also need to be better on third down.

it’s not like they are starting from scratch

What turnaround? They have one of the best tb’s in the country returning. A line that has proven it is very good at run blocking. The pass game has to be average, that’s it. Improved protection, qb fundamentals improvement.

Not a rebuild by any stretch of the imagination, but there’s always an adjustment period in playbook learning, terminology, etc.

That’s why I’d love if they could bring their QB with them. Yes I’m being greedy. I’ve earned it.

It’s also why I wish college football allowed FCS to be preseason games, instead of having to open with Louisville (most likely).

Regardless of the running game the offense is dysfunctional with a non-existent passing game. The passing game imo is starting from scratch and that's hard to argue. Shraders ability to throw and turning a couple of WRs into alpha's is going to take a little more than flicking a switch.

Additionally the OLine gave up 37 sacks I think. (ranked #107). That has to be fixed.

And as with everything there's always a learning curve.