Official Duke Game thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Official Duke Game thread

I feel like most of our opponents would get a roughing the kicker call there. ND and FSU definitely would.

Worst possession of the year, potentially.

Good field position- bubble screen for a couple, awful attempt at a jet sweep that loses yards, and then a draw play up the middle with your 235lb running back.

Punt.

Man, our defense has really come together.

Worst possession of the year, potentially.

Good field position- bubble screen for a couple, awful attempt at a jet sweep that loses yards, and then a draw play up the middle with your 235lb running back.

Punt.
They were content to play the field position battle.

When they already had good field position.

Again.

i just can't wrap my head around running a draw with AAM.

This is what people mean when they talk about poor coaching. Put your talent in the best possible situation to succeed. There is way too much square peg in round hole type play calling.

Another great call.. Screen to the speed merchant Lewis. Can we try to win please?

This is what people mean when they talk about poor coaching. Put your talent in the best possible situation to succeed. There is way too much square peg in round hole type play calling.
let me add bubble screen to Lewis to this post.

I get that sometimes by doing that you gain an element of surprise.

Thing is though, I don't believe that call was made with that intent. It was made with no expectation of getting the first down. They were content to punt, thinking we could get the ball back in good field position.

Well, our defense did EXACTLY what you hope for in that situation and Duke punts. And the net result of all of this... we lost about 12 yards in field position, and killed clock.

We could have tried to throw a pass ten yards down the field.

Did George Morris hit on Shafer's daughter or something?
How did he become the last guy on the depth chart at RB.

He's looked awful this year. Really wonder what happened to that guy. Seemed primed for big things.

Eh, Lewis has arguably been our best WR on the bubble screens actually.
if that is indeed true (and I'm not conceding that) that is an argument for eliminating the bubble screen from the offense, and not for running it to Lewis.

What other team runs a bubble screen to the possession receiver, the slowest receiver on the team?

Have you watched him play this year? Limited time, but he's been far less productive than every other RB that's played.

How many big penalties does Jason Emerich have this year!!!

if that is indeed true (and I'm not conceding that) that is an argument for eliminating the bubble screen from the offense, and not for running it to Lewis.

What other team runs a bubble screen to the possession receiver, the slowest receiver on the team?
I get what you're saying. Who would you rather have it go to though? I don't think you want to straight take out the option.

leftytg said:
if that is indeed true (and I'm not conceding that) that is an argument for eliminating the bubble screen from the offense, and not for running it to Lewis. What other team runs a bubble screen to the possession receiver, the slowest receiver on the team?
it was a bad throw would've been fine otherwise

Have you watched him play this year? Limited time, but he's been far less productive than every other RB that's played.

Well, he hasn't had a ton of opportunities but that's not the whole story.

He was playing great last year. How does all that productivity from last year just disappear?
He has become Bizarro-George Morris.

I get what you're saying. Who would you rather have it go to though? I don't think you want to straight take out the option.
Honestly, almost anyone. West is more physical and more likely to run through an arm tackle. Phillips is more the elusive type the play is designed for. Ishmael is more of a blend between the two. I'd prefer any of the three, with Lewis blocking.

Well, he hasn't had a ton of opportunities but that's not the whole story.

He was playing great last year. How does all that productivity from last year just disappear?
He has become Bizarro-George Morris.

I am also mystified as to why he looks nothing like he did last year. But he's played really poorly in his limited chances...averaging like 2 ypc, dropping passes, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom