Official Georgia Tech Game Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Official Georgia Tech Game Thread

Broyld does have a lot of pressure on his shoulders.

This coaching staff really is to blame. At the end of the day these are 18-22 year olds putting themselves on the line.

Sorry, folks, Hunt needs to play. Playing Allen does us no good. In many ways, we're playing for next year:

Yes Hunt is awesome. Clearly better. Sorry they both suck. Play Loeb the rest of the year. Hunt needs to be recruited over ASAP. He is not a D1 QB if you are serious about football. If we always want to be a basketball school then Hunt is fine.

Guys I know were upset but how do you think the players feel. They need support every negative comment should be directed at the coaching staff at least there grown men. I will be rooting for these young men next game they haven't given up yet until then ...

The heck are you talking about? Of course the players feel like crap, or at least should. But when the staff actually has a guy in a position to succeed, and that guy makes a mental error, like Brolyd consistently dropping passes, or Hunt failing to be able to read a defense, that's on the kids. I'm not saying they should be destroyed, but if you can't take criticism from a fan base, don't play college football. This isn't high school, these guys have significant talent, and with it come expectations.

Essentially if message board criticism is preventing these guys from performing, they don't have the mental makeup of the type of college player we want.

Guys I know were upset but how do you think the players feel. They need support every negative comment should be directed at the coaching staff at least there grown men. I will be rooting for these young men next game they haven't given up yet until then ...
Great point.

Yes Hunt is awesome. Clearly better. Sorry they both suck. Play Loeb the rest of the year. Hunt needs to be recruited over ASAP. He is not a D1 QB if you are serious about football. If we always want to be a basketball school then Hunt is fine.

Well, you better hope one of the redshirt freshmen QBs or true freshman QB are ready to play next year.

We've played this entire game on defense on our heels.

The heck are you talking about? Of course the players feel like crap, or at least should. But when the staff actually has a guy in a position to succeed, and that guy makes a mental error, like Brolyd consistently dropping passes, or Hunt failing to be able to read a defense, that's on the kids. I'm not saying they should be destroyed, but if you can't take criticism from a fan base, don't play college football. This isn't high school, these guys have significant talent, and with it come expectations.
yes there has been so much opportunity to have success today because of coaching. Please save the tough bs fan talj for someone who cares. I know it's not high school I coach that but to pile on when someone has a bad day is asinine

no heart

It's hard when your staff has absolutely failed you. This game plan gave the players no shot at controlling the time, scoring or game. They've been on their heels since the 2nd G Tech possession.

yes there has been so much opportunity to have success today because of coaching. Please save the tough bs fan talj for someone who cares. I know it's not high school I coach that but to pile on when someone has a bad day is asinine

It's not all coaching. The Tech QBs are just faster than our linebackers and defensive backs. Pretty simple.

Well hopefully god shows mercy and lets Edouard, Slayton, etc. commit

I didn't realize we had two weeks off after the n.c. st game...sorry coach

I'm not piling on anybody, check the post history. I just said your comment about the players should be above criticism because they are kids is silly.

I never said the staff shouldn't be blamed they sucked this week. But to pretend the players were good today is also asinine. It was rare when the players had a shot at success today, but every time they did simple mental mistakes hurt the team, be it penalties, drops, missed assignments, or something else.

I do not fault our guys where talent is an issue, our DL for instance doesn't have the talent to hang with the OL of GT. That's a physical talent issue, not mental mistakes. It's the silly mental things that drive me crazy.

Not for nothing, but so did Hunt in the NW game when they went to a prevent

Allen is looking more impressive. His throws are on a line, he can work on accuracy.

Arm strength is what we need.

Running can be handled...by OUR RUNNING BACKS.

I hate being a Syracuse fan.

I'm confused why is there an Alabama golf travel commercial on for an ACC game not featuring a team in Alabama?

Allen is looking more impressive. His throws are on a line, he can work on accuracy.

Arm strength is what we need.

Running can be handled...by OUR RUNNING BACKS.

I hate being a Syracuse fan.
I don't disagree, I thought he looked good and frankly thought he plagued previously by everything everyone is saying is stopping hunt from being successful.

But. What we really need at the QB position is somebody who can make timely throws, protect the football and consistently move an offense. Doesn't matter if the guy can run or if he has a cannon arm, we just need some consistently moved football.

I don't disagree, I thought he looked good and frankly thought he plagued previously by everything everyone is saying is stopping hunt from being successful.

But. What we really need at the QB position is somebody who can make timely throws, protect the football and consistently move an offense. Doesn't matter if the guy can run or if he has a cannon arm, we just need some consistently moved football.

We just don't have that lol

Sorry, folks, Hunt needs to play. Playing Allen does us no good. In many ways, we're playing for next year:[/quotW
What? Next year. We're trying to go .500 and qualify for a bowl. Its about winning games this year.

And as far as the future, if we're not recruiting over alot of these guys then we will have difficulty competing in this conference.

It's not all coaching. The Tech QBs are just faster than our linebackers and defensive backs. Pretty simple.
Wow really we still sit in the same looks its awful

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom