official nba draft thread | Syracusefan.com

official nba draft thread

Smart pick, I was hoping for this all season even if they ended up winning the lottery. Nobodies getting a shot off in the paint with Noel and Embiid underneath.

They need to grab McBuckets if he's still there at 10. Need to spread the floor out.

MCW a 6'6 pg with the wingspan of a condor with Noel-Embiid behind him. Team could be freakish if they all stay healthy.

longislandcuse said:
MCW a 6'6 pg with the wingspan of a condor with Noel-Embiid behind him. Team could be freakish if they all stay healthy.

They have length to say the least. I still wouldn't be shocked if Wiggins ends up a 76er by the end of the night, think it depends who's available at 10. But I love the defensive team Philly has right now. Still say they should grab Douggie at 10. Good size, his combine stats show more athleticism than he gets credit for and he has that insane range.

Deano said:
He looked really thrilled when he was picked wasn't he.

Maybe he was promised to be picked 1 before the foot injury and he's disappointed. Who knows, I'd be happier than he was being the number 3 pick haha.

They have length to say the least. I still wouldn't be shocked if Wiggins ends up a 76er by the end of the night, think it depends who's available at 10. But I love the defensive team Philly has right now. Still say they should grab Douggie at 10. Good size, his combine stats show more athleticism than he gets credit for and he has that insane range.
They need shooters and I would take Nik Stauskas.

Not getting my hopes up until I know MCW is not getting shipped out.

Oh and Bill What did Jonny Flynn ever do to you

Deano said:
They need shooters and I would take Nik Stauskas.

Doug McDermott isn't a shooter?

docsu said:
Not getting my hopes up until I know MCW is not getting shipped out. Oh and Bill What did Jonny Flynn ever do to you

Don't think MCW is going anywhere. Think they were sending smoke screens out honestly.

Not getting my hopes up until I know MCW is not getting shipped out.

Oh and Bill What did Jonny Flynn ever do to you
In all fairness that's what I remember about that draft. T'Wolves being ridiculous.

Wondering if Gordon goes to the Celtics for Smart and something else like a Sullinger or Olynick.

Doug McDermott isn't a shooter?
Not saying he's a shooter, just saying I would take Nik S instead of him at this point, but your point makes sense too.

I was told a couple months ago...on this very board...that Marcus Smart was going to be a 2nd round pick or possibly not picked at all after he pushed that dude. Yet I just heard his name called...wha happened?

two3zone said:
Wondering if Gordon goes to the Celtics for Smart and something else like a Sullinger or Olynick.

Well, got the Smart pick right, let's see what they do with it now. Either him or Rondo are gone.

I think Randle is going to be a superstar - I've thought that since I first watched him play. And I loved that the guys compared him to DC.

And another Canajun... Stauskas.

Every team seems to be making very sensible, good picks. Helps that there is a ton of good players.

Outside of Gordon not too crazy so far, and shocked no trades yet. Still waiting for the sixers trading for wiggins. Vonleh either goes here or the Sixers have an amazing front court. They cannot pass on him no matter what, they need some offense though.

Stauskas is the next Jimmer. Who was the next Redick. Not impressed.

Stauskas is the next Jimmer. Who was the next Redick. Not impressed.

Stauskas is 4 inches taller than Jimmer and more athletic. I think you may be making mentally lazy white player-to-white player comparisons. Don't worry, happens to the best of us. ;)