official nba draft thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

official nba draft thread

Phoenix is fun as hell to watch. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the surprise rookie who scores 16+ pts.
Wouldn't be a surprise. He's quite the scorer. I agree with you though, they are very fun to watch.

If it was another team id say financial reasons but the sixers have a ton of money. Don't like that move, then you go with a shooter that plays next year. This guy may be there in 2 years or never. Lot of risk in a deep draft like this.

They appear to be tanking again, LOL.

I bet Stauskus was who they wanted if he was there, and then it was "best asset available".

They appear to be tanking again, LOL.

I bet Stauskus was who they wanted if he was there, and then it was "best asset available".
You just know they're going to take on a bad contract in order to stash some more picks or assets.

They're going to be one of those teams that goes from like 25 wins to 60 at some point.

Right when I am about to post that only one true 5 has been drafted, they call Austin's name. Really sad for him to get this close. I hope it works out for him.

That is very cool what they did for Isaiah Austin.

Did the NBA hire him in some capacity? Or was that just to give him the opportunity to walk across the stage?

Missed part of the coverage and didn't understand the announcement.

With the Bulls trading their pick I'm thinking Ennis 25 to the Hawks. Depends on Napier.

RF2044 said:
Did the NBA hire him in some capacity? Or was that just to give him the opportunity to walk across the stage? Missed part of the coverage and didn't understand the announcement.

Walk across the stage and photo op. He's going to Baylor for school and work on Drews staff.

With the Bulls trading their pick I'm thinking Ennis 25 to the Hawks. Depends on Napier.

Awesome.

The #25 pick, and about the 5th point guard selected. Oh Lord

Walk across the stage and photo op. He's going to Baylor for school and work on Drews staff.

Thanks. Wasn't knocking it above, just wasn't sure what had happened since I missed a few minutes putting my daughter to bed, and came back in the middle of the Austin on stage coverage.

RF2044 said:
Awesome. The #25 pick, and about the 5th point guard selected. Oh Lord

If Napier goes first he'd be the 6th if you consider Lavine a pg. :eek:

I don't know. He could go earlier, I just don't see where.

If Napier goes first he'd be the 6th if you consider Lavine a pg. :eek:

I don't know. He could go earlier, I just don't see where.

Glad he went earlier than we both feared!

There we go!

I hope Bledsoe signs elsewhere though, otherwise minutes will be tough to come by.

Glad he went earlier than we both feared!

I like the Marcus Smart pick for the Celtics but still thinking about James Young. I kind of got mock draft exhaustion towards the end but I don't remember seeing many with him going to Boston. What do you think?

I like the Marcus Smart pick for the Celtics but still thinking about James Young. I kind of got mock draft exhaustion towards the end but I don't remember seeing many with him going to Boston. What do you think?

I watched Smart a lot [have a relative who is an OSU grad / big fan]. I'm really torn on that pick. Not sure that I like it. Hate taking a PG at #6 [on paper] when they have such glaring frontcourt needs. Would have preferred Vonleh, but what do I know. :noidea:

Young is interesting to me, but he's so young and obviously has a lot of development he'll need to make. Could pay off--we need a 3.

When people debate who's a 1st rounder all year...remember picks like this. It's ALL about potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom