official nba draft thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

official nba draft thread

That's about as good as Jerami could hope for 2nd round spot. He's going to have a shot to stick in the NBA

Plus the first 15 picks in the second round on this draft would prob be the back half of last year's draft. Good for Jerami.

Yea, sucks he didn't get guaranteed money but he will make that roster easily and hopefully improve enough to become a reliable rotation guy. One things for sure, Philly has some freak athletes now. They could roll out Grant-Noel-Embiid and make everyone shoot jumpshots all game.

The 76ers continue their strong draft. Jerami has a shot here.

And the Knicks wound up getting a first-rounder in the 2nd round.
Cleanthany Early can be a solid player.

Last edited:
Over/under on games Jerami starts for the 76ers next season?

I'm setting it at 12.5.

I was hoping to see some Knicks commentary. My question is will Cleanthony ever play with C. Anthony? Don't they both play the same position? Even though it looks like a good value for the pick and the trade, it would seem the Knicks could use more help elsewhere, no?

I was hoping to see some Knicks commentary. My question is will Cleanthony ever play with C. Anthony? Don't they both play the same position? Even though it looks like a good value for the pick and the trade, it would seem the Knicks could use more help elsewhere, no?
We have 8 guards and just drafted two bench/role player small forwards. Knicks are definitely making more trades.

I feel really bad for CJ. I kinda wish he left after last year. It's sad to see guys he played better than, with and against go much higher than him. It's a shame.

That said it truly is a shame that cases like this, MacAdoo and countless others that it really doesn't pay off to stay in school. Granted, Fair wasn't a sure fire first rounder last year, but it was possible.

Grant fell really really hard, but I think he was drafted into a better situation with the 76ers than another team. I think he could average 10 minutes a game next year for them.

Apparently the family has left the Barkleys Center. They know he is not getting picked. Sad in some ways

I feel really bad for CJ. I kinda wish he left after last year. It's sad to see guys he played better than, with and against go much higher than him. It's a shame.

That said it truly is a shame that cases like this, MacAdoo and countless others that it really doesn't pay off to stay in school. Granted, Fair wasn't a sure fire first rounder last year, but it was possible.

Grant fell really really hard, but I think he was drafted into a better situation with the 76ers than another team. I think he could average 10 minutes a game next year for them.

CJ is one of my all-time favorite SU players. I feel very disappointed for him.

Oh well. Here's hoping he makes the League as an UFA.

I feel like...if he's going to make it, he's going to make it. Whether he left last year or not. He may have been drafted last year, but he wouldn't have necessarily been any more likely to stick than he is now.

Worst comes to worst and he doesn't make it at all...he still got to be the star player of a team that was #1 in the country and 25-0 getting talked about on ESPN non-stop , played a starring role and beat Duke in front of 35,000 and in one of the most watched TV games college hoop games in recent years, etc. Who gets to do that?

RF2044 said:
CJ is one of my all-time favorite SU players. I feel very disappointed for him. Oh well. Here's hoping he makes the League as an UFA.

I remember watching Waiters and CJs first game at a bar in Delray Beach, I fell in love with both of them and knew great things were to come. Wish I got to see Dion more with is but I absolutely loved CJ his first three years, I admit it was a little painful to watch him this season, he just works so much better without the ball and other players finding him for an automatic J. This year there was just too much ISO with him and I just don't see that as his game. A knock on him is not being athletic enough which I think is a crock as well, dude could get far above the rim and ran very well during transition his first three years. I think this years offense destroyed his draft stock.

OrangeDW said:
I feel like...if he's going to make it, he's going to make it. Whether he left last year or not. He may have been drafted last year, but he wouldn't have necessarily been any more likely to stick than he is now. Worst comes to worst and he doesn't make it at all...he still got to be the star player of a team that was #1 in the country and 25-0 getting talked about on ESPN non-stop , played a starring role and beat Duke in front of 35,000 and in one of the most watched TV games college hoop games in recent years, etc. Who gets to do that?

I'm not saying all of those are bad things, but to me hearing my name called during the NBA draft would mean more than this past season.

Hahaha, we know MCWs initial thoughts of the Payton pick.

image-3939822163.jpg

We have 8 guards and just drafted two bench/role player small forwards. Knicks are definitely making more trades.

Trade with Milwaukee or Orlando. They have all forwards and centers and no guards.

CJ will be in the NBA somehow!! Crafty lefty!

I remember watching Waiters and CJs first game at a bar in Delray Beach, I fell in love with both of them and knew great things were to come. Wish I got to see Dion more with is but I absolutely loved CJ his first three years, I admit it was a little painful to watch him this season, he just works so much better without the ball and other players finding him for an automatic J. This year there was just too much ISO with him and I just don't see that as his game. A knock on him is not being athletic enough which I think is a crock as well, dude could get far above the rim and ran very well during transition his first three years. I think this years offense destroyed his draft stock.

Good points.

I think the trouble is not so much that Fair came back, but that when he came back he was stuck on a limited team that wasn't coached well on offense.

In an alternate version of this season, it'd be neat to see what would happen if Fair and Grant switched roles (Grant as focal point, C.J. as athletic garbageman and spot-up shooter). Wouldn't be shocked if both guys were more highly regarded by NBA teams in that scenario.

Either way, I'd rather have seen Fair get drafted over Grant last night. Feel bad for the kid to show up and not get called.

I honestly think he would have been a mid to late 2nd round pick in last year's draft anyways. Much like was the case with Ennis and Grant, team's would have gotten a chance to break him down more if he had declared last year, and they would have begun to see his limitations.

There's still a chance that he can make an NBA roster, but I don't really expect it. He probably isn't even among the top 5 undrafted free agents.

I forgot to ask - does anyone know where Aaron Craft got drafted? :p

CJ Fair has a legitimate shot to make an NBA team.

He may lack a bit in quickness and strength.
But he's a lefty with something that's a VERY rare commodity these days...a solid midrange jumper.
He works hard, can rebound and plays decent defense.
Plus he seems to be a good guy.
He was hindered this season by being SU's first AND second options and still performed well.

I'm going to miss not having him in Orange...but I think some NBA team will give him a shot.
He deserves it.