official nba draft thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

official nba draft thread

Is Boeheim there? All these coaches there and ours lives 4 hours away.

*Not attacking him, just wondering. I'm assuming they wouldve shown him when Ennis was drafted.

I watched Smart a lot [have a relative who is an OSU grad / big fan]. I'm really torn on that pick. Not sure that I like it. Hate taking a PG at #6 [on paper] when they have such glaring frontcourt needs. Would have preferred Vonleh, but what do I know.

Young is interesting to me, but he's so young and obviously has a lot of development he'll need to make. Could pay off--we need a 3.

You're right about having more glaring needs than another PG like Smart. Great point. I kinda think Ainge was hoping Embid would drop to 6. I also wouldn't have minded Julius Randle either. But I think Smart will turn out to be pretty good.

Young definitely has potential - consistency seemed to be an issue at Kentucky. But it is for most freshman not named Carmelo Anthony. I think we'll have to be patient with him but that's not unusual when picking a freshman.

Awful pick by the thunder wow.

Where's "McGary won't get picked at all because he failed a drug test" guy?

You're right about having more glaring needs than another PG like Smart. Great point. I kinda think Ainge was hoping Embid would drop to 6. I also wouldn't have minded Julius Randle either. But I think Smart will turn out to be pretty good.

Young definitely has potential - consistency seemed to be an issue at Kentucky. But it is for most freshman not named Carmelo Anthony. I think we'll have to be patient with him but that's not unusual when picking a freshman.

I was hoping for Embiid, as well!

Randle would definitely have been interesting. Hope you're right about Smart--will be interesting to see what they do, because it doesn't make sense to have him and Rondo on the same team. And ceteris paribus, I'd rather have Rondo than Smart. Maybe one will be moved.

The good news is that, unlike a lot of teams, the Celts' teardown was swift and they loaded up on draft picks. They could bounce back quickly if they continue to amass talent, and a few picks connect.

So can anybody explain to me why the sixers took a PG at 10 and promptly traded him straight up for the 12th overall pick?

Awesome that Napier bobbled the ball during the little video before his highlights.

The Hornets are idiots. Why would you give the Heat who they want if they are in your conference?

The Hornets are idiots. Why would you give the Heat would they want if they are in your conference?

Who let Jordan in the draft room? I thought we changed the locks!

The Hornets are idiots. Why would you give the Heat who they want if they are in your conference?
Maybe because they know Lebron is crap as a GM.

It looks like Napier is skinny, he needed to eat more at college; oh wait he didn't have the money to eat after getting all those tats.

"David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 1m
Toronto is working to acquire the rights for guard Tyler Ennis from Phoenix, per source

Toronto might be working to get Ennis, but the kid they took at 20 will be exactly zero help in doing so.

Also Grant running out of spots here...

Uh oh. A lot of mocks had Jerami going to Phoenix. Crap!

So can anybody explain to me why the sixers took a PG at 10 and promptly traded him straight up for the 12th overall pick?

Well, there's the answer...Sixers get a future 1st rounder and future 2nd rounder out of the trade too.

Ooooooh so that's why Philly took Payton.

Orlando gave up 2 1's and a 2 to essentially move up two slots to take Payton. Interesting development for Philly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom