Official reviews | Syracusefan.com

Official reviews

samspann1

Living Legend
Louisville down 2, with 1:30 left. Russdiculous dribbles off of his foot, and the refs rule that the ball glanced off of a UC defender. The refs review the call, and rule it UC ball.

As the ball is about to be inbounded, one of the refs walks over to another, they chat, and decide to review their previous review.

What?

Louisville down 2, with 1:30 left. Russdiculous dribbles off of his foot, and the refs rule that the ball glanced off of a UC defender. The refs review the call, and rule it UC ball.

As the ball is about to be inbounded, one of the refs walks over to another, they chat, and decide to review their previous review.

What?
Excellent recall.

Russdiculous strikes again for Louisville to win.

The curse of 7 nation army. When fans chant that song they always end up losing.

Sorry. Best I can do. I didn't time it, but it felt like it took about ten minutes to figure out something relatively simple.

Sorry. Best I can do. I didn't time it, but it felt like it took about ten minutes to figure out something relatively simple.

It was literally a 7 minute review (combined)

That's a given, but what's the official explanation?

I really wasn't paying that much attention but it sounded like the announcers said that the officials took a second look because CBS had 2 additional cameras on the game and thus had 2 additional angles to check, which they didn't do on the first review. Didn't make a lot of sense to me but I thought that was what I heard.

What I don't understand is, why the 2nd review?
I think what happened was the referee said that the ball was off Russ's foot. The other official hearing that, said I think it went off the Cincy players foot afterwards. I don't believe they looked at that the first time.
Just my guess as to what came down.

I think they need to set out some more rules for these reviews like they do in football.
Set a time limit for review and if there's not something on the monitors to clearly overturn, you go with the call on the floor.
It was driving me nuts in the BC game when the refs seemed like they were trying to find any evidence to overturn the call that the ball was off a BC player.
If there is nothing clearly showing a reason to overturn the call in say 2-3 minutes, then they should have to go with the call on the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom