Official USF Game Day Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Official USF Game Day Thread

We're supposed to own the 4th quarter, but uh, that's not really what's happened.

I was at Death Valley in Clemson today. Completely packed, insane tailgating against South Carolina State.

...and then I turned on this.

It's just depressing to always have to look forward to Basketball season.

maybe it takes more than one off season of conditioning to get there.

You don't even have the Freeney days?

I went to the VT game where he had all the sacks.

Which we lost.

Because we always lose.

Then I almost had an accident on the way home because of the dome food.

You're better off. You probably missed at least some of the GROB era
I vaguely remember parts of it. I remember the piece on College Gameday about how embarrassing the program was to our alma mater. I remember Perry Patterson and the halloween orange jerseys. I wasn't blessed enough to completely miss it lol

I went to the VT game where he had all the sacks.

Which we lost.

Because we always lose.

Then I almost had an accident on the way home because of the dome food.
Almost? High five!

Dino and company are teaching an entirely new way of doing things - new offense, new defense, new conditioning, new pace - new everything. The thing about teaching is that it takes time and that failure and repetition are part of the process. If the team looks like this in year 3, or if there isn't an upward progression as the season goes by and there has been time to teach and correct, then there enough there to criticize the coaches.

"teaching" may be a reach when talking about the defense. I get the injuries but the players look so lost on so many plays and it's a breakdown on so many levels. Even basics, like taking the right angles.

We're supposed to own the 4th quarter, but uh, that's not really what's happened.

I think we tire ourselves out quicker than our opponent. Hopefully we just need another year of conditioning and more depth.

Tampa 2 will never work.

We will never recruit top players to play in the system... Especially when we finish this year 3-9

I vaguely remember parts of it. I remember the piece on College Gameday about how embarrassing the program was to our alma mater. I remember Perry Patterson and the halloween orange jerseys. I wasn't blessed enough to completely miss it lol

Perry Patterson, how bad was he, and to make matters worse his cousin played bball for Pitt, and killed us.

I think there was a week in the Marrone era when we were in the others receiving votes ranking.

I've been trying to think of who Riley reminds me of, and it came to me. That Turpin kid on TCU. Here's hoping Riley develops like that.

Yeah, geez, let's get Dungey out of there.

When do we have a bye week?

I'm slightly older but yep it's insane. I had to go to bed at halftime of the VT last second win with McNabb. I have no memory of Syracuse having a number next to their name. How can anyone complain about attendance when you have a whole generation who knows nothing but terrible awful football?
I agree. I still watch every game, and go as much as I can. Learned from my dad about the good ole days. My first Cuse athletic event was a 2002-2003 bball game against Georgetown in the Dome. Haven't looked back since. But besides the Nassib year, I have always been optimistic but never witnessed a really good team. It isn't easy to turn the T.V. on each week, but I keep coming back lol.

upload_2016-9-17_17-35-1.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom