Official USF Game Day Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Official USF Game Day Thread

Weird that USF goes to FSU next week ... how do we feel if they beat FSU by 20? I know this is doubtful, but that would be weird.

"teaching" may be a reach when talking about the defense. I get the injuries but the players look so lost on so many plays and it's a breakdown on so many levels. Even basics, like taking the right angles.
I hear ya. I don't know what to say there. On one hand, it is a complete and total breakdown, even among things that should be foundational and basic. On the other hand, they are down 5 in the secondary and most of the d-line should be redshirting or rotating in behind upperclass players. I can't ever remembering a team literally not having a single experienced player in a position group going into a season, like Syracuse and the DE position.

Syracuse will never be the kind of school that recruits plug and play talent. We'll always be a development school. We'll need to have a defined system, identify particular attributes and recruit specifically for those, and then teach and develop our guys to play above their recruiting rankings. Right now we are plug and playing with a level of talent that shouldn't be plug and play.

Was a great game for first 15 minutes. At least the offense has a few moments. Entire defense must be rebuilt from ground up -- it's truly awful. No bowl game this year. Not even competitive with mediocre AAC team.

Our highest crowd this year has been 32 000

And we play in the ACC

Was a great game for first 15 minutes. At least the offense has a few moments. Entire defense must be rebuilt from ground up -- it's truly awful. No bowl game this year. Not even competitive with mediocre AAC team.

USF is 10-5, soon to be 11-5, in their last 1+ seasons. They have good players. They score points. It doesn't justify all outcomes, but people thinking we should have easily won a game where we got destroyed last year... take a step back for a minute.

We have over 500 yards. Once we don't suck, we'll put up some amazing numbers. Top QBs, WRs, and RBs would be nuts to not give us a look. You're guaranteed to put up huge numbers here.

Stupidity is killing our drives. Goddammit, if there's another holding call or false start on our next possession, I will hunt down and chop the arms off of the offender. And the DC had better break out Defensive Play Calling for Dummies really quick.

SO PISSED RIGHT NOW.

OrangeDW said:
We have over 500 yards. Once we don't suck, we'll put up some amazing numbers. Top QBs, WRs, and RBs would be nuts to not give us a look. You're guaranteed to put up huge numbers here.

That's our only hope.

I hear ya. I don't know what to say there. On one hand, it is a complete and total breakdown, even among things that should be foundational and basic. On the other hand, they are down 5 in the secondary and most of the d-line should be redshirting or rotating in behind upperclass players. I can't ever remembering a team literally not having a single experienced player in a position group going into a season, like Syracuse and the DE position.

Syracuse will never be the kind of school that recruits plug and play talent. We'll always be a development school. We'll need to have a defined system, identify particular attributes and recruit specifically for those, and then teach and develop our guys to play above their recruiting rankings. Right now we are plug and playing with a level of talent that shouldn't be plug and play.

I don't disagree. Despite what I wrote I think it's a combo of everything. I also realize that if you have very young, inexperienced players you have to plug into spots it's really difficult to get them to the same awareness as your original starters. Just a terrible season to have these issues and injuries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom