*OFFICIAL* Which team(s) do we want no part of come tourney time? thread | Syracusefan.com

*OFFICIAL* Which team(s) do we want no part of come tourney time? thread

texascpa

Living Legend
As it goes every season, usually starting the first week of the season, there are teams us fans apparently want no part of come tourney time. Their current team makeup, their matchup potention, their style of play, their history or their coach just scares the bejeesus out of us. And since the tourney selection is one week away, I thought it's about time to consolidate that list of "Teams I want no part of come tournament time". I will update the list as folks post them:

Teams I Want No Part Of (with number of picks):

Louisville - 9
Wisky - 3
Florida - 4
Cinci - 4
Okie St. - 2
Creighton - 8
OSU - 1
Vermont - 1 (Um, I think they just lost in their conference tourney, so they won't even be dancin')
St. Francis - 1
LeMoyne - 1 (Thank goodness they're not DI ;) )
Pitt - 1
Michigan - 1
Iowa St. - 2
Harvard - 1
MSU - 2
Nova - 1
Arizona - 1
Nebraska - 1
Delaware - 1
Eastern Kentucky - 1 (Vermont Part Deux?)

Last edited:
Louisville, (Pitino) Wisky (Their pace and lack of TOs) and Florida (Best all-around team right now).

Everyone else, bring em' on!

Last edited:
Cincinnati - sneaky team around the 4/5 line who is familiar with us. Plays tough defense, and Kilpatrick can take over games.

Creighton
Cincinatti

Florida
Louisville
St. Francis/Vermont.

Creighton
Cincinatti

Florida
Louisville
St. Francis/Vermont.

Vermont will not be in the tourney this year. NIT for the Catamounts this season.

Louisville,
Iowa St.
Cincinnati
Oklahoma St.
Creighton
Michigan

It's not so much teams as much as coaches that have a lot of experience with the zone, ie, Rick "48 Seconds in Heaven" Pitino.

I'm literally not scared of any team this year. Nobody has been dominant enough to warrant that. Are there playing styles that could be difficult for us to face? Sure. Is that enough to make them scary? Not in my book.

I'm not saying this to sound cocky or elitist, but this is Syracuse basketball. We shouldn't be scared of anybody.

btw, my definition of a 'scary team' would be a team we would expect to lose to in 6+ out of 10 games (i.e. the majority of the time). Nobody fits that bill. Anybody could beat us once or a few times, but that's not scary.

In reality I just don't wanna see Nova or Uconn.

Definitely Creighton.
Louisville
Michigan
Michigan State
Pitt, although if we met them in an Elite 8 matchup, I'd like our chances ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom