Officiating this season | Syracusefan.com

Officiating this season

Marsh01

Living Legend
Man what a difference between watching the way a big east bloodbath vs the way games are called on the ACC. The new rules are really a huge benefit to a team like us more than most teams. The rules of todays game really kill the clutch and grab teams that play man d while it helps our slashers and does not impact our sone much.

We also seem to be figuring out how games are going to be called. How many times has grant drive in semi -out of control and he initiates the contact and we get the call as opposed to last year where half of those would have been called a charge

Marsh01 said:
Man what a difference between watching the way a big east bloodbath vs the way games are called on the ACC. The new rules are really a huge benefit to a team like us more than most teams. The rules of todays game really kill the clutch and grab teams that play man d while it helps our slashers and does not impact our sone much. We also seem to be figuring out how games are going to be called. How many times has grant drive in semi -out of control and he initiates the contact and we get the call as opposed to last year where half of those would have been called a charge

Still can't believe how much illegal screening we have to deal with every game

We seem to be one of the best teams I've watched as far as knowing what is a foul and what isn't a foul. Also, I think the refs are starting to swallow their whistles a bit compared to the early games in November and early December, where you couldn't use your hands at all.

I think if they didn't allow the clutch and grab in the previous 2 or 3 years we would have another National Championship and at least one more Big East tourney title. Of course, my orange colored glasses may be influencing my opinion, but I don't think we lose to Ohio State in 2012 in the tourney, or the 'Ville in the BE tourney if they call the hand checks/muggings (and crazy charging calls that used to bite us).

Pittsburgh is coming

We are better than Pittsburgh. And tougher than we usually are most seasons.

In past matchups, they could knock us off stride with overly physical defense and get away with it, plus beat us up on the boards to get possession after possession. We rebound better than most years. We're tougher than most years. And we're more poised than most years.

Bring. Them. On.

Last edited:
I think if they didn't allow the clutch and grab in the previous 2 or 3 years we would have another National Championship and at least one more Big East tourney title. Of course, my orange colored glasses may be influencing my opinion, but I don't think we lose to Ohio State in 2012 in the tourney, or the 'Ville in the BE tourney if they call the hand checks/muggings (and crazy charging calls that used to bite us).

I think Butler 2010 is a better example. That 2012 tOSU game was so wacky that the definition of a foul changed possession by possession.

The Pitt game next Saturday will be the acid test. We'll see if the officiating will really be different and not allow the usual mugging Pitt always gets away with.

Of course Jim Burr will ref that game and Higgins will come out of retirement just to f with us.

This phone sucks and the letters are too small for my fat fingers
Think how much smaller your fingers will be by the time you end your diet. Or maybe it's because your hands are a little shaky from the lack of PBR. :D

The Pitt game next Saturday will be the acid test. We'll see if the officiating will really be different and not allow the usual mugging Pitt always gets away with.
When will we know whom the zebras will be?

No booze till duke

The reason I gave you a like wasn't just because of your resolve, but but because your post reminded me of "No Sleep Til Brooklyn". It would be cool to make a parody with the awesome music of that song, but all I know about you is SU, SWAC, and PBR.

Of course Jim Burr will ref that game and Higgins will come out of retirement just to f with us.

I gave you the like for the video. I love how the announcers were going apes**t!

Last edited:
We seem to be one of the best teams I've watched as far as knowing what is a foul and what isn't a foul. Also, I think the refs are starting to swallow their whistles a bit compared to the early games in November and early December, where you couldn't use your hands at all.

Ennis is one of those guys using his hands. On offensive, he often uses the straight arm or the bent forearm - did it yesterday a bunch of times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom