Ogundeko | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it - the kid is a football player first and foremost. Watch this video and imagine being a NYC kid in the middle of this on a recruiting visit. For all the positives that SU may offer, it cannot offer a football experience remotely close to what Clemson can (for that matter, few other schools can match the Clemson experience). I am willing to bet that 95% of us out here would pick Clemson if we were an 18 year old being offered the chance to be part of that experience and all the benefits that come with it. The logical arguments for SU are solid but I have to believe that most 18 year olds are ultimately blinded by the bright lights of the big program.

He'd have the risk of a career ending injury at every Clemson home game running down the hill. Big time risk. ;)

Let's face it - the kid is a football player first and foremost. Watch this video and imagine being a NYC kid in the middle of this on a recruiting visit. For all the positives that SU may offer, it cannot offer a football experience remotely close to what Clemson can (for that matter, few other schools can match the Clemson experience). I am willing to bet that 95% of us out here would pick Clemson if we were an 18 year old being offered the chance to be part of that experience and all the benefits that come with it. The logical arguments for SU are solid but I have to believe that most 18 year olds are ultimately blinded by the bright lights of the big program.

I agree to a point ... he is also looking at going to the next level ... (NFL) ... maybe Clemson should have brought the rock to their BCS Bowl game last year ... they sure as hell needed some kind of magic after being doubled up by WVU ... the statement that SU D made on Saturday should ring a whole lot louder in his head then touching Howard's Rock ... and lets not deface SU's history ... frankly if the ACC hadn't been down the last few seasons would these guys even maintain a top 25 ranking?

Other than FSU who scares you in the ACC? ... Clemson is 5-11 in bowls in the last 20 seasons ... SU is 5-3 and that is lumping in the worst decade our program has ever seen within that 20 year stretch ... tradition will only get you so far and then you get dry humped into oblivion by some OOC opponent on a national stage ... yep sign me up. FWIW they have lost to the BE in bowl games in back to back seasons ... 2010 & 2011 ... and will be pulled apart by an SEC squad this year ... not exactly an experience I think most kids want.

All flash, little substance. Clemson thinks of itself as a pseudo SEC team. Problem is, they can't back it up on the field. (they got OWNED by WVU)

Think of Clemson as the hottie with the fake tan and silicone bits. Sure she may be good for a quick ride...but there isn't much there beyond the looks.

Yeah, all that whoopin-n-hollerin is nice. But scratch just beneath the surface, and there is little substance to the Clemson program.

All flash, little substance. Clemson thinks of itself as a pseudo SEC team. Problem is, they can't back it up on the field. (they got OWNED by WVU)

Think of Clemson as the hottie with the fake tan and silicone bits. Sure she may be good for a quick ride...but there isn't much there beyond the looks.

Yeah, all that whoopin-n-hollerin is nice. But scratch just beneath the surface, and there is little substance to the Clemson program.

I agree with some of what you say but my point is that flash and 18 year olds is a tough mix to beat no matter how little substance there may be.

I agree with some of what you say but my point is that flash and 18 year olds is a tough mix to beat no matter how little substance there may be.

Agreed ... until you put a recruit infront of the TV to watch the Pinstripe Bowl and then last year's Orange Bowl ... I'm sorry but if you tell me you want to be on the wrong end of a 70-33 whoopin on national TV instead of being infront of a national audience winning 38-14 while fans are chanting "LGO ... ", I don't care what age you are ... it just doesn't register. Then again this explains a lot of the problems that I witness on a daily basis in this country.

Saw an interview where Nkemdiche said a few guys were trying to
Persuade him to go to school together . Two of those were Adams and Ebenezer . I don't think Ebo would be trying to convince him to go to Syracuse. Kind of wish he just made a decision a while ago instead of getting strung out to the end just to be left at the alter once again .

Saw an interview where Nkemdiche said a few guys were trying to
Persuade him to go to school together . Two of those were Adams and Ebenezer . I don't think Ebo would be trying to convince him to go to Syracuse. Kind of wish he just made a decision a while ago instead of getting strung out to the end just to be left at the alter once again .

Well Nkemdiche not going to Clemson might be doing us a favor ... if he feels better going elsewhere that might help deter Ebo from choosing Clemson ... if he isn't as comfortable with that school why pick it? I feel better just seeing Florida get eliminated personally ... they were his top choice for a while.

Robert Nkemdiche's mother is screwing up his entire recruiting process for him.. There is more gold under the Ole Miss rainbow sadly.. Hope he is not ruled ineligible because of it. He is actually a great kid. His best friends all play at Clemson (from High School - Grayson) and his brother is at Ole Miss. Elijah Daniel is still out there. Would like to see Ebo and Daniel on either side of our line with our 300lb uglies in the middle!

Well Nkemdiche not going to Clemson might be doing us a favor ... if he feels better going elsewhere that might help deter Ebo from choosing Clemson ... if he isn't as comfortable with that school why pick it? I feel better just seeing Florida get eliminated personally ... they were his top choice for a while.
He'd be going to Florida if he had a commitable offer. Was essentially a silent commit to them all during the fall, but a few guys ahead of him committed. He lost his offer and couldn't go there. That excuse was him saving face. Hope it helps us.

There's so much more to being on a college football team then the game day experience.

Florida is still in the mix for several highly touted Defensive Ends and Defensive Tackles - kids visiting in January. Both Tashawn Bower and Elijah Daniel are slated to visit Gainseville.

He'd be going to Florida if he had a commitable offer. Was essentially a silent commit to them all during the fall, but a few guys ahead of him committed. He lost his offer and couldn't go there. That excuse was him saving face. Hope it helps us.

Yep ... he was willing to be conditional from what I was told but wasn't overjoyed at the idea and kind of felt like he would be left out in the cold.

Yep ... he was willing to be conditional from what I was told but wasn't overjoyed at the idea and kind of felt like he would be left out in the cold.
Are we talking Ebo or Nkemdiche?

Are we talking Ebo or Nkemdiche?
Ebo ... Nkemdiche is considered by many the #1 recruit this year ... if anyone gave him a conditional they should be pimp slapped ...

Well you know that means that you have to give a full report to who accompanied him and their reactions to the game.;)
Ok, so I'm not all that up on the recruiting front, my apologies.

He may have had tickets in our row but didn't sit there.

There was a group in front of us that included one guy in a SU hat/T and another with a T. They were accompanied by someone wearing a Lincoln Football jacket. Their coach was sitting a few rows behind us.

There was also a group of players from another school sitting in the section to our left.

They weren't into the game as much as a fan would be but they were excited when the NYC kids made plays.

I was sitting with a loud WVU fan who was complaining about the coaching, refs, everything. So, i countered his complaints by loudly saying how much better our staff is, how our lines were dominant, how our backs were monsters, how our team has tough NYC kids, etc.

I was upgraded to a Suite at halftime so I don't know if they stayed until the end.

I know that doesn't help the recruiting diehards buy it's all I got!

There was a group in front of us that included one guy in a SU hat/T and another with a T. They were accompanied by someone wearing a Lincoln Football jacket. Their coach was sitting a few rows behind us.

There was also a group of players from another school sitting in the section to our left.

They weren't into the game as much as a fan would be but they were excited when the NYC kids made plays.

I was sitting with a loud WVU fan who was complaining about the coaching, refs, everything. So, i countered his complaints by loudly saying how much better our staff is, how our lines were dominant, how our backs were monsters, how our team has tough NYC kids, etc.

I was upgraded to a Suite at halftime so I don't know if they stayed until the end.

Compliments of the SU coaching staff?

Police station no. 44, forth floor. cell no.4?

According to twitter Gus and Malique Belfort were sitting together behind the WVU goal. I don't know where EO sat but he wasn't with them.

I don't have insider ... can you post a summary?
I don't have insider either I just like the way this sounds!

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Four-star defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko (Brooklyn, N.Y./Jefferson) will make his college decision Friday at the Under Armour All-America Game. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound athlete will make his choice between Syracuse and Clemson.

With Syracuse, Ogundeko said he likes the thought of playing in his home-state.

"Syracuse is a great school," he said. "I like what they have to offer me. I like their players a lot and I like their coaches. I went to their game yesterday. It's a great place. I'm from New York and I like that New York environment."

Going to be a lot of buildup and excitement leading up to Fridays decision by Ebo. A lot of positives will be sparked by that piece JHJ posted.

Race for 2000 posts for Ogundeko is on. We will shatter that if he comes here, and just break it if he opts for Clemson

Reading a ton into that article... Sounds like he is more interested in SU than Clemson... Just saying aloud what everyone is thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom