Ogundeko | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Ogundeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
EO didn't see the game but was impressed by Clemson's win. He was worried when they were down 14-0 but he had faith they would come back. He was touched by coach Swinney's emotion that really, really touched him and showed him it would be a great place to be at. As far as being at the SU bowl game he said in the cold weather it was a great game. It was great to see a bunch of city guys making plays all over the field it was great seeing them win.

He has made his decision, the opportunity to be great, the connection with the people that were there and being close to home were the factors.. He graduated Dec 21st and is ready to move in and move on with his life and start a new legacy.

EO didn't see the game but was impressed by Clemson's win. He was worried when they were down 14-0 but he had faith they would come back. He was touched by coach Swinney's emotion that really, really touched him and showed him it would be a great place to be at. As far as being at the SU bowl game he said in the cold weather it was a great game. It was great to see a bunch of city guys making plays all over the field it was great seeing them win.

He has made his decision, the opportunity to be great, the connection with the people that were there and being close to home were the factors.. He graduated Dec 21st and is ready to move in and move on with his life and start a new legacy.
And you got that from where exactly?

sounds good to me.

You know where he got it from.:bat::p
Nope I don't. I'm still the new guy remember. Not that I'm questioning him, I just like to have sources is all.

The fact he didn't even tune into the Clemson game after attending the SU bowl game is very interesting to me. Also knowing he has his decision made is good. Hopefully none of this Marrone interviewing will make a difference in his final decision.

And the schools admission office knows as the paperwork is done and filed.
Depends, he could file paperwork to both schools and just choose to attend one once his decision is announced on air Friday.

Either way only 3 more days till we find out about EBo

The fact he didn't even tune into the Clemson game after attending the SU bowl game is very interesting to me.
The majority of NYC high school players went to the Pinstripe as it was in their backyard.

The majority of young people didn't watch the Clemson game as it was on New Year's Eve.

The majority of NYC high school players went to the Pinstripe as it was in their backyard.

The majority of young people didn't watch the Clemson game as it was on New Year's Eve.

While true EO is in Orlando at a HS All American event .. not clubbin so I'm pretty sure he could have found a TV at his hotel and watched the game if he really wanted to.

While true EO is in Orlando at a HS All American event .. not clubbin so I'm pretty sure he could have found a TV at his hotel and watched the game if he really wanted to.
Exactly my thinking. If EO really wanted to watch he could have. He choose not to. Does that mean he has eliminated Clemson and is going to SU? Certainly not, but a guy can dream can't he?

Friday can't come soon enough...

I'm assuming this Marrone coaching drama eliminates any chance of getting Ebo
Depends. Is he coming to SU for the program or for Marrone? Obviously if its because he was in love with Marrone, he won't come. If it was because Marrone sold him on SU and all of its wonders, he could still come here.

In the end he has made his decision and probably has known for a couple weeks what he would do. Hopefully we get the kid, but we are really looking at being 50-50 I think. He has shown lots of interest both ways and hasn't really shown his hand one way or the other. It's just speculation on our part that Clemson is where he is attending because we usually lose recruiting battles, but you never know, we may have finally won one...

Clemson is fairly close as well. It's not like he was choosing between SU and USC or some stuff like that. That doesn't reveal anything, and sounds like a stock reply that was worked on for a while so as to not reveal anything.

I'd read more into the "where he can be great" part than the close to home part ... since he cited Clemson was closer to home that UF ... I think he wants to be the big fish in a small pond ... that effect is diminished at Clemson.

Clemson is fairly close as well. It's not like he was choosing between SU and USC or some stuff like that. That doesn't reveal anything, and sounds like a stock reply that was worked on for a while so as to not reveal anything.
you realize Clemson is in South Carolina right?

you realize Clemson is in South Carolina right?
Yes it's about 400 miles away. It all depends on your definition of "close" we had this argument before where somebody broke out the distances of Florida SU and Clemson. People claimed Clemson wasn't close, but it's all relative. Like I said its not like he made this comment when his final too were SU and USC. Clemson isn't that far.

That said, I sure as heck hope you guys are right and this means he is actually coming to SU, we could damn sure use him.

Yes it's about 400 miles away. It all depends on your definition of "close" we had this argument before where somebody broke out the distances of Florida SU and Clemson. People claimed Clemson wasn't close, but it's all relative. Like I said its not like he made this comment when his final too were SU and USC. Clemson isn't that far.

That said, I sure as heck hope you guys are right and this means he is actually coming to SU, we could damn sure use him.

Too bad Clemson is over 700 miles away from Brooklyn ... hell I live just north of the ATL and have to drive 1000 miles to get back to the Cuse.
I thought the 400 miles was a little light but its nearly half of the actual distance.

Funny thing is that with all the discussion about Doug, the recruitment of EO almost seems to be secondary now.

Boy, of all the things that could have derailed this kids recruitment...I never would've imagined it would be HCDM.

Is there any chance he commits here if this coaching stuff is still up in the air when he announces? What top flight recruit is going to commit to a program with no Head Coach? I completely stopped even thinking about Ebo after the whole Doug Marrone to NFL storm came into effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.