Oh my god that was awful | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Oh my god that was awful

When you’re talking about end of game scenarios then yeah, the rest of the game doesn’t matter in this discussion… that’s why it’s called “end of game” scenarios. That’s like arguing defense shouldn’t be an issue because the offense should be scoring 150

You forget how good he has been in end of half scenarios at times as well. You are cherry picking the bad vs where he has been good. Additionally, our end of game scenarios where we have struggled have been the result of everything that led up to that point.

Your argument doesn't hold water and its just more player bashing.

I agree Judah's worst weakness is probably end of game situations...

He's a great player for a freshman...but still has a lot to learn.

I'm a huge fan of him and his game...but its just facts.

(and someone needs to teach him not to yap at refs, especially on the road...they are biased for the home team...just accept it and fight through)

He's made some really good plays at the end of halves and had the winning bucket vs Notre Dame. Too much cherry picking on when he hasn't been as good in those situations. Tonight's game the entire team was a sloppy mess, with no subs for Joe and Judah. So much perspective being lost.

You forget how good he has been in end of half scenarios. You are cherry picking the bad vs where he has been good. Additionally, our end of game scenarios where we have struggled have been the result of everything that led up to that point.

Your argument doesn't hold water and its just more player bashing.
It 100% holds water. People constantly talk about players being “clutch,” and he’s not clutch and it seems like the moment is too big for him. You’re free to disagree but if I can point to multiple situations where a game has a rested on his ability to make a play, and he has yet to make a play? That’s seems like a decent indication that he probably isn’t a clutch player yet. It’s not bashing when it has multiple games to support the argument, it’s just pointing out the facts.

Tortuous ending.

Why did Joe foul with 8.2 seconds left?

Louisville’s floor is dangerous.

Lucky that they didn’t call Jessie for the reach in.

Why in Gods name is Benny throwing the ball anywhere in that situation. Just hug it!!!

Just horrible basketball.
Im guessing because we were up 3

It 100% holds water. People constantly talk about players being “clutch,” and he’s not clutch and it seems like the moment is too big for him. You’re free to disagree but if I can point to multiple situations where a game has a rested on his ability to make a play, and he has yet to make a play? That’s seems like a decent indication that he probably isn’t a clutch player yet. It’s not bashing when it has multiple games to support the argument, it’s just pointing out the facts.

Judah was huge in OT in the win over Richmond. Made the game winning bucket against ND in a critical game. He was key in us getting back into the game vs Pitt. With his hands on the majority of buckets via scoring or assisting leading up to the last couple possessions.

You are cherry picking to make a point and purposely ignoring where he has been clutch. Thus no- it doesn't hold water. He is the only one on the team with a game winning basket.

Awful, terrible, dreadful game. Embarrassing win if there’s ever been one.
Think how embarrassing a loss would have been!

This was a stressful game for me because of our Louisville cousins, which I am sure people are tired of hearing about. At any rate, they took it gracefully. I had resigned myself to a loss.

Judah was huge in OT in the win over Richmond. Made the game winning bucket against ND in a critical game. He was key in us getting back into the game vs Pitt. With his hands on the majority of buckets via scoring or assisting leading up to the last couple possessions.

You are cherry picking to make a point and purposely ignoring where he has been clutch. Thus no- it doesn't hold water. He is the only one on the team with a game winning basket.
You gotta admit he's inconsistent in those situations.

You could cherry pick GMac over four years and you wouldn't find many more mistakes than Judah has already made.

You gotta admit he's inconsistent in those situations.

You could cherry pick GMac over four years and you wouldn't find many more mistakes than Judah has already made.

Inconsistent sure- most freshman are though. Being inconsistent though doesn't warrant the type of criticism being tossed here. We are not rich in playmakers so it is often on Judah alone to make things happen which is a lot on a freshman, especially one that lacks a 3pt shot.

Inconsistent sure- most freshman are though. Being inconsistent though doesn't warrant the type of criticism being tossed here. We are not rich in playmakers so it is often on Judah alone to make things happen which is a lot on a freshman, especially one that lacks a 3pt shot.
For every time Judah does something great he does 5 poor things. The barking at the refs thing is going to bite him and the team at some point.

Also the only one with multiple game losing turnovers, but ya know… I’m not saying he isn’t good, just that it is a lot of pressure for a freshman and it might make sense to put the ball in the hands of someone with more experience going forward.

Lol, only fitting trend would be Syracuse wins by 10 Saturday.

Literally ANYONE else but joe shows up to play today and this isn’t a game. Not a great effort at all and I hope JB rips them in the locker room
This reminds me in old days Rutgers coach forced players to practice naked after a bad performance. Of course, the coach got fired because of that. But it is a very creative way to make players play better next game.

This reminds me in old days Rutgers coach forced players to practice naked after a bad performance. Of course, the coach got fired because of that. But it is a very creative way to make players play better next game.
Uhhhh… what? Lol

Think how embarrassing a loss would have been!

This was a stressful game for me because of our Louisville cousins, which I am sure people are tired of hearing about. At any rate, they took it gracefully. I had resigned myself to a loss.
I live in Kentucky and I am embarrassed even with the W. Any other year if Louisville beats us they are atleast decent.
I’m glad we didn’t lose but man it was bad.

For every time Judah does something great he does 5 poor things. The barking at the refs thing is going to bite him and the team at some point.

For sure. End of the day we are severely lacking any other options with his skillset sadly.

How did that work out for Rutgers winning percentage?

Can you imagine Virginia watching the film of this game?
Got 'em right where we want 'em.
Virginia will think they're playing the Keystone Cops-
Movie Reaction GIF by Arrow Video

But get this!

And the way we we rebound…it’s 50/50 they get a missed ft.

That may have been part of the thinking. Could with 8 secs they probably aren’t missing the 2nd one on purpose, which they didn’t. Fouls with under 5 secs they probably do miss the second one on purpose.

Not with 8.2 seconds left on the clock.
What’s really funny is somehow, shockingly, Mintz was able to catch the ball and run all the way up the court. In most circumstances, he gets fouled within 1 second and then we are trying to make free throws again, with enough time left to do it again, but the difference being we might actually only be up 1 or 2.

I don’t mind fouling but not with that much time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom