Oh my god that was awful | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Oh my god that was awful

Throwing the ball away against Pitt and then not even hitting the rim on the last second 3, and turning it over on the last possesion last night….I’m a bit concerned.

Of course, he’s one game tying or winning or clinching play on our last possesion away from my concern going away too.

We came into the year without a player who we really could trust in such a situation given last year's late game calamities. So far Judah made the winning basket vs ND, was huge in OT vs Richmond and then did a lot of the work getting us to the point of almost coming all the way back vs Pitt only to really bungle things the last 2 possessions. He also had a major late game meltdown against the Johnnies. Last night he flat out fell on a slippery court and was part of a team effort of being a slopfest.

Our issue is who else can handle it vs tight mtm D who can make a play in those situations? We really need a Symir or Joe to step up but Joe is really not very good in those instances as they will trap him and Symir has been iffy in tight spots too. That has really put it all on Judah who has definitely been a mixed bag. It should never be on one guy though especially when that kid is a freshman, a good one, but also not Tyler Ennis or Johnny Flynn out there either.

Throwing the ball away against Pitt and then not even hitting the rim on the last second 3, and turning it over on the last possesion last night….I’m a bit concerned.

Of course, he’s one game tying or winning or clinching play on our last possesion away from my concern going away too.
It’s pretty crazy that if we’d just executed on that second to last possession against Pitt (getting the ball to Girard or sending Judah to the basket to get fouled) and closed out the game with a W, we’d be in first place in the ACC with a 4-0 record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom