Oh my god that was awful | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Oh my god that was awful

Also the only one with multiple game losing turnovers, but ya know… I’m not saying he isn’t good, just that it is a lot of pressure for a freshman and it might make sense to put the ball in the hands of someone with more experience going forward.

Game losing turnovers?

Against Bryant he only played 9 minutes and had zero turnovers in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Against St Johns he had his worst game in that regard as he was hounded by Curbelo and Posh while being on an island as Joe was awful in his own right going 1 for 10. Judah still had 20 pts just in a sloppy game. Without his 20 it never makes it to OT.

Against Colgate we had a pathetic defensive effort. Judah had 20 and while still working on being more unselfish, he did nothing that lost the game late as it was already in the books.

Against Pitt Judah made the pass to Joe that put us down only one. Prior to that he made numerous plays or got to the line to keep closing the gap. He did then struggle on the last couple possessions. He was huge in big moments all the way up to that.

Inconsistency as a frosh? Sure. Game losing turnovers? No - facts actually matter. Really the only game where his play down the stretch was more correlative to us losing, albeit far from the "cause" was St Johns.

He is no first round pick - we know that- but he isn't the late game scapegoat either.

Terrible! I’m at my wits end with these guys. No effort on defense no effort on boards. Jim’s rotations and minute distribution continue to baffle me. He is beyond reproach no matter what he does.
This is going to sound very bad but I cannot wait until he steps down and gives our program a chance.
Horrible absolutely disgusting effort and coaching. One of the worst coaching games of Jims career. Team is beyond soft. They lack heart. Tough game to watch.

I'm not sure Joe fouled on purpose w/ 8.2 seconds left. He seemed a bit unsure what to do and that indecisiveness led to the foul. It's criminal if he did foul on purpose. Play good D and worst case head to OT.

I hope your kidding
The worst part is to practice foul shooting. You stand still and both hands hold the basketball. All other players are staring at your penis. Many players that don't like being naked in public transferred to other schools.

The worst part is to practice foul shooting. You stand still and both hands hold the basketball. All other players are staring at your penis. Many players that don't like being naked in public transferred to other schools.
you know too much...

He's made some really good plays at the end of halves and had the winning bucket vs Notre Dame. Too much cherry picking on when he hasn't been as good in those situations. Tonight's game the entire team was a sloppy mess, with no subs for Joe and Judah. So much perspective being lost.
i mean...can we not acknowledge that good players have weaknesses?

Why do we still call them FREE Throws? With the trouble we’ve had converting them they’re anything but free. Me thinks that since we can’t call them STINK Shots, returning to referring to them as FOUL Shots is probably appropriate.

I would think the worst part would be the defense having to box out during rebounding practice.

I'm not sure Joe fouled on purpose w/ 8.2 seconds left. He seemed a bit unsure what to do and that indecisiveness led to the foul. It's criminal if he did foul on purpose. Play good D and worst case head to OT.
I think he fouled on purpose and was directed to. That interview with Gmac pretty much confirms that.

Neither Pitt nor Louisville have a true PG and yet JB did little to take advantage of that, except for finally putting the press on in the Pitt game, which he waited too long to deploy. I do think he made a mistake moving totally away from man to man after he said he would play it some this season (lasted for 3 games or whatever). I know this is a broken record for years now, but you need a change up when teams are hitting outside shots and carving up the zone and our activity is poor. We should not have let a terrible Louisville Team score 69 points. Our defense is atrocious. The KenPom numbers are sub-100 and trending where they were last season.

Pittsburgh beat UVA...Pitt is legit...they probably make the tourney...that loss doesnt look so bad now imo
Agree that Pitt is looking to be legit, just I have a difficult time liking Pitt! Bunch of thugs. Two or three of their players have got more years in school than sume of all our players.

Game losing turnovers?

Against Bryant he only played 9 minutes and had zero turnovers in the last 10 minutes of the game.

Against St Johns he had his worst game in that regard as he was hounded by Curbelo and Posh while being on an island as Joe was awful in his own right going 1 for 10. Judah still had 20 pts just in a sloppy game. Without his 20 it never makes it to OT.

Against Colgate we had a pathetic defensive effort. Judah had 20 and while still working on being more unselfish, he did nothing that lost the game late as it was already in the books.

Against Pitt Judah made the pass to Joe that put us down only one. Prior to that he made numerous plays or got to the line to keep closing the gap. He did then struggle on the last couple possessions. He was huge in big moments all the way up to that.

Inconsistency as a frosh? Sure. Game losing turnovers? No - facts actually matter. Really the only game where his play down the stretch was more correlative to us losing, albeit far from the "cause" was St Johns.

He is no first round pick - we know that- but he isn't the late game scapegoat either.
i get where you are coming from. overall Judah is a huge plus to the team.

if there is any "blame" to go around...it really shouldnt be going to him! he is probably the main reason the team has any chance at all this season, imo

BUT

just being objective

he has struggled a bit in late game situations - especially in the losses. and the slap vs bryant was probably why it was a loss.

I love judah's game and he is one of my favorite players in a long time wearing orange...but lets not pretend his game is the finished product.

he isn't really a true PG and that isn't his fault...but it does hurt the team at times as well.

youre making it about handing out blame...i'm just saying looking at it objectively every player on the team has their faults and flaws they need to work on to get better, Judah included.

if there is any "blame" to go around...it really shouldnt be going to him! he is probably the main reason the team has any chance at all this season, imo

BUT

just being objective

he has struggled a bit in late game situations - especially in the losses. and the slap vs bryant was probably why it was a loss.

I love judah's game and he is one of my favorite players in a long time wearing orange...but lets not pretend his game is the finished product.

he isn't really a true PG and that isn't his fault...but it does hurt the team at times as well.

youre making it about handing out blame...i'm just saying looking at it objectively every player on the team has their faults and flaws they need to work on to get better, Judah included.
Throwing the ball away against Pitt and then not even hitting the rim on the last second 3, and turning it over on the last possesion last night….I’m a bit concerned.

Of course, he’s one game tying or winning or clinching play on our last possesion away from my concern going away too.

BUT

just being objective

Just to be clear, it wasn't me who made it about blame. None of what you stated is in conflict with anything I've posted. I was directly responding to the point made stating Judah was the reason for specific losses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom