Ohio Postgame Discussion... | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Postgame Discussion...

Duce Chestnut…
17A91EF5-84F0-42F7-8077-E73F56F3222E.gif

Eric Devendorf smells Duces.

Chestnut best corner since Will Allen.
Tucker best RB since Walter Reyes.

But the best part of the game was the O-line. All around A+ game from that crew. LFGO.

Tanard Jackson vs. Will Allen.

Who does everyone favor there?

My Take:

Not a perfect game, very vanilla. I think this was intentional, at least to start with. TD needed confidence in his OL in real game situations. He made few mistakes but his passing needs to get back to the level he showed when he backed up ED.

The OL is real. Mang is the man. Rhino was out, but it is nice to know he is not the only guy willing to put it all on the line every play. These guys are infectious in the good way!

Bleich is the real deal.

Rutgers is stupid.* See Chestnut.

The LBs were solid, the DL was solid. I would have liked more pressure, but this is game one.

Taj is Taj. He has great potential and does all of the intangibles (watch how he blocks downfield). He should have laid out for the longball but TD did overthrow him.

Queely has glue on his hands.

Tucker is dynamite, the RBs are dynamite. Loving the depth at RB.

Pena will break a punt and a KO for a TD.

It's good to be ORANGE!

*I know stupid is not a nice word, but it is nicer that what Rutgers really is.

Alright, so I could see QB 2 effectively running the option / rpo all day behind the big boys on the OL and with Tucker in the backfield. Would wear out a defense. Once established, then bring back the old Donnie McPherson freeze option and step back for a deep shot.

Last edited:
The obvious…
Oline
Defense
Tucker
Duce
But two individuals that stuck our to me DeVito and Lutz. Tommy played well, really well and got rid of the ball when he needed to. Lutz kept the offense moving when Tucker needed a break and played great on specials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom