Ohio Tailgate Sept 4th, 2021 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Tailgate Sept 4th, 2021

Talked to Ohio AD staffer yesterday. He said if the game doesn't get picked up by ESPN/2/U they usually like to play openers at 6pm on Saturday.

ESPN announced the bulk of weeks 1-3 TV times NLT May 31 from '17-'19. I'm hopeful the game time is announced by the end of the month.

BTW, if you find Motels in Athens too expensive or sold out: try Parkersburg, WV, Marietta, OH or Zanesville, OH.
I may be wrong but I cannot for the life of me remember a 6pm Saturday game at OU unless it was moved for TV. OU home games are at 12 Noon on Saturday, unless someone is cutting a check to move the game. 6 additional hours for students to tailgate? Not wise in Athens.

I may be wrong but I cannot for the life of me remember a 6pm Saturday game at OU unless it was moved for TV. OU home games are at 12 Noon on Saturday, unless someone is cutting a check to move the game. 6 additional hours for students to tailgate? Not wise in Athens.
Just repeating what the ticket guy told me...of course he could be wet behind the ears. Sent you a PM

I recently moved to Philly, and I can get a direct flight to Columbus. Looks to be a 75 mile drive. So I'm now considering.

I recently moved to Philly, and I can get a direct flight to Columbus. Looks to be a 75 mile drive. So I'm now considering.
Nice...if you can drive... you could probably do it fairly easy in 7 hrs... especially if you stop in Parkersburg ,WV which is 45 mins from Athens. Our kick-off time should be known in a few weeks...you could do the logistics then

Nice...if you can drive... you could probably do it fairly easy... especially if you stop about 2 hours from Athens and drive in that am. Our kick-off time should be known in a few weeks...you could do the logistics then
I had this idea literally 10 minutes ago, so driving may be an option too! I'll put in some research.

I'm in. Likely 1 more, slim chance of 2 more. You will find me at Jackie O's for 75% of my non-football/tailgating time in Athens.

Update: Group tickets will be available in Mid-July. We are looking at seats behind the SU bench in Sections 12-14. Normally I don't like the first few rows but we are high enough to have a pretty good view. The close sideline will be tough where the players are standing...but hopefully we get to interact with the players at the end of the game.

I'm going to send out an email to everyone I think is interested. I'll keep this to 50 or so.

JRHeeter OUT for Ohio...

Last edited:
Update: Group tickets will be available in Mid-July. We are looking at seats behind the SU bench in Sections 12-14. Normally I don't like the first few rows but we are high enough to have a pretty good view. The close sideline will be tough where the players are standing...but hopefully we get to interact with the players at the end of the game.

I'm going to send out an email to everyone I think is interested. I'll keep this to 50 or so.

JRHeeter OUT for Ohio...
Put me down as tentative for me and my son, I will let you know before July for confirmed or not.

With this being a small group...maybe we up our game food wise? Any suggestions?

We plan on attending, should have between 4-8 people total in our party. We can't lead a tailgate as we will be in KY for a HS game prior to this and are not sure on timing, but happy to help in any way we can.
Our total appears to be growing. We have between 10-13 people. Three to four of that total are children. I’ve encouraged my group to finalize their plans by next weekend. We would love to help out were we can, but will be tough as we are driving from Syracuse to Kentucky for my nephews high school game then back up to Athens. The later kickoff will allow us to help with setup. We may be able to bring tables, drinks, and a small grill if needed.

Our total appears to be growing. We have between 10-13 people. Three to four of that total are children. I’ve encouraged my group to finalize their plans by next weekend. We would love to help out were we can, but will be tough as we are driving from Syracuse to Kentucky for my nephews high school game then back up to Athens. The later kickoff will allow us to help with setup. We may be able to bring tables, drinks, and a small grill if needed.
Cool thanks for the update

Put me down for 1 (Game ticket & tailgate). My son (CbusCuse) usually goes with me but as an Ohio U grad he is getting tickets with some OU friends.

I will bring a table & some lawn chairs.

Put me down for 1 (Game ticket & tailgate). My son (CbusCuse) usually goes with me but as an Ohio U grad he is getting tickets with some OU friends.

I will bring a table & some lawn chairs.
Obviously tell CbusCuse to bring his crew to the tailgate. We can sell them tailgate only passes.

BTW, can he easily get access to the best Bratwurst in Ohio? I'll work with him on quantity and reimburse.

Update: Baggerbob will get the Brats

Last edited:
I will be looking to buy in Sections 12-14 as first choice (see Map below)
Ohio is going to Digital Ticketing. That means you need a smartphone. If you don't let me know. There are work arounds.

Gameday Info: Ohio University (this is from 2019)

I'm trying to find a $5 or $10 parking lot that has an indoor bathroom option close by.
2:30ish arrival to pick a spot
Expect NLT: 3 pm Tailgate start
3:30pm Grills on
4pm Latest arrival if you are bringing something
5:45pm 50/50 Raffle and Grills Off
6:10pm Breakdown and Clean-up
6:30pm Walk to stadium
7pm Kickoff

Tailgate Roster (I expect about 35 in attendance)
TexanMark/ Cuseregular 2 will bring most tailgate equipment
(Canopy, small grill, table, 2 coolers, beer/seltzer, water, coneys)
orangebob 1 (will bring Carle's Brats, bring a table and a few chairs)
CbusCuse (Tailgate, how many?)
Obie9 10-13 (small grill, table for grill if needed and 12 pack of soft drinks and a case of water)
Jerry Fairchild 1 or 2 (reconfirm before tix buy)
SUbear 2
LeMoyneCuse 2
cuseincincy (tix or tailgate?)
Paul M. (confirm before tix buy)
Roger N 2 (will bring hot dog rolls)
corpjet 2 (will work with TMark to figure out what equipment to bring)
storange 1 or 2
Ragman2000 + Orangejet (are you coming?)
Matt S. 2 (reconfirm before tix buy)

Peden_Map_2020.jpg

Last edited:
My first choice for parking is the Golf and Tennis Center. $10 fairly short walk.

I'm assuming the clubhouse has indoor bathrooms... I'll call to ask

2 tix plus tailgate as per our conversation Mark. My wife makes a great pasta salad that we will bring. I’m 2.5 hrs away roughly,so if anything else needs picked up we can help!