OJLL 2024 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

OJLL 2024

Dumb question, are the northmen and hornheads the same team ?
Yes. Officially their name is Orangeville Northmen. Apparently Hornheads is a nickname because their logo is a North Man with horns on his helmet. If there's more to it I don't know it.

Donville may be a Cornell guy (and also a Northmen) but its hard to argue with his conclusion. Joey is doing great, no doubt, but I would have to agree that Firth is arguably the best in the league (over the last 3 seasons).
Although a Northmen alum, and winner of the Minto Cup and Minto Cup MVP while with them, on the YouTube broadcast of tonight's game Donville was all in for Toronto the whole game. Surprising that the OJLL would have such a biased announcer on a league "game of the week", especially during the playoffs. Matthew Caruk, the play-by-play announcer, is a true professional and his broadcasts are unbiased, although he lives in Mimico.

Yes. Officially their name is Orangeville Northmen. Apparently Hornheads is a nickname because their logo is a North Man with horns on his helmet. If there's more to it I don't know it.
Thanks got confused quick there lol

wonder with vincent playing if he’s getting use to short stick to come back (in portal) n play dmid for us which if he can be even average he will get on field that way

wonder with vincent playing if he’s getting use to short stick to come back (in portal) n play dmid for us which if he can be even average he will get on field that way
He still wears his Cuse gear.. wouldn’t be out of the question. I believe ( and I may be wrong ) but I think Gonsiorek entered the portal last year and decided to stay

Our new ‘25 verbal, Ted Rawson, has 11g & 22a in 17 games in his rookie year with the Burlington Blaze. His childhood friend & Lawrenceville teammate Sawyer English (Brown verbal) also has 33pts in his rookie year. Chuck Rawson, Ted’s older brother & fellow lefty, has 20g & 42a. Chuck is a ‘23 but didn’t see any playing time in his frosh year at Hopkins.

Burlington is tied 1-1 in their best-of-5 1st round series with St. Catherine’s. Game 3 is tonight.

Last edited:
Our new ‘25 verbal, Ted Rawson, has 11g & 22a in 17 games in his rookie year with the Burlington Blaze. His childhood friend & Lawrenceville teammate Sawyer English also has 33pts in his rookie year. Chuck Rawson, Ted’s older brother & fellow lefty, has 20g & 42a. Chuck is a ‘23 but didn’t see any playing time in his frosh year at Hopkins.

Burlington is tied 1-1 in their best-of-5 1st round series with St. Catherine’s. Game 3 is tonight.
Will be a great addition.

how bout the other cuse players in portal have they picked spot yet? all i remember is trujillo going to loyola haven’t heard anything bout others yet

how bout the other cuse players in portal have they picked spot yet? all i remember is trujillo going to loyola haven’t heard anything bout others yet
Others on here my know better than I but Drago went to Duke.. White and Vincent are the only other ones that I know of in the portal still

Joey 1g, 3a
Trey 1g, 6a

BIG WIN for the Northmen in a series that the announcers said many on social media thought Toronto would sweep. Biggest star of the series was the Northmen goalie Connor O'Toole who Orangeville acquired in a trade just before the trade deadline. Donny Scott played a great series on Defense. Looking forward to see what he can do for the Orange next Spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom