Ok , Benny Williams | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Ok , Benny Williams

Yes they did. 4 of their top 6 scorers last year are gone. Those guys this year outside of Tubelis and Mathurin barely played last year and outside of Terry none of those kids were ranked in the top 75 out of high school.
Tubellis started 20 games last year. Mathurin was already on NBA radars last year, played 25 mpg. Koloko played 17 min a game, Terry played 20 min a game. None of the kids were ranked because they were all international or transfers.

Were they sipping tea? I picture them sipping tea with their little pinkies out and speaking in proper English accents. If not, don’t reply, because I don’t want you ruining my illusion.
Edit: I almost forgot the opera glasses.

‘it’s Duke, not Oxford

I've been told on this board that there is no such thing as game experience and that this isn't little league so only the best players should play (the whole game apparently).
People say many things on this board and it doesn’t make them true.ultimately patience and time will reveal the truth!

People say many things on this board and it doesn’t make them true.ultimately patience and time will reveal the truth!
I read that you are getting smaller, therefore it must be true.

Wish that was true, lol
I actually just looked it up and you are recovering and your holes are getting smaller. They made it sound like a good thing…yay!!!

Surprised that no one else has done a Benny thread so I will.

B. Williams305-70-04-53360000014

The guy does almost nothing for ~25 games. JB gives him some minutes against one of the best teams we play all season that is slaughtering us with skill and aestheticism and, all of a sudden, Benny scores 14, grabs 6 rebs, and commits no stat line errors, 20 net points! It is almost like he needed to hang with his old elite AAU boys to get his juices going again. That first baseline drive with the under and up reverse layup was pretty damn good!

I don't know what happened, but I like it.

Minutes minutes minutes.

Williams will come around, he just has the freshman hook this year. Being forced to play him the last couple games allowed him to relax.

The ACC tournament will also force JB to spare some minutes for Torrence and Williams, which could continue the in game improvement.

I'm hopeful Williams has his breakthrough this year, and it continues through the sophomore leap next year.

We only make the tournament with an ACC victory, so Williams becoming an All-American overnight would help that goal a ton.

The guy does almost nothing for ~25 games. JB gives him some minutes against one of the best teams we play all season that is slaughtering us with skill and aestheticism and, all of a sudden, Benny scores 14, grabs 6 rebs, and commits no stat line errors, 20 net points! It is almost like he needed to hang with his old elite AAU boys to get his juices going again. That first baseline drive with the under and up reverse layup was pretty damn good!

I gave this a laugh because it’s at least the third Williams thread since the game ended.

There is a thread: Ok , Benny Williams

I gave this a laugh because it’s at least the third Williams thread since the game ended.
Yeah, but I don't see them.

It's the media reporting what Benny said. Not a rumor. Benny has said the same thing numerous times.

I think you'd like to see Benny leave just so you could rag on JB some more.

It’s called not being afraid to have your coach yell at you because you’re already down 30 when you get in the game so there are no consequences ... it matters for the mindset no doubt

Yeah, but I don't see them.
Pirates Curse GIF

Who is JB going to sit Swider who most people would take back or Jimmy?

No chance he sits either enough to get Benny 20+ minutes.
He sat Jimmy to protect him yesterday.
You saw our D to start that game and how Duke exploited our D.
Sad but true!!!

I actually just looked it up and you are recovering and your holes are getting smaller. They made it sound like a good thing…yay!!!
your response proves ego doesn’t like being disagreed with. Since this a thread dedicated to Benny; I will not respond to any more of these off topic comments!

So many times a bench player has a break out game and then doesn’t see any time the next game. JB has done this over and over. He did it with Jessie constantly until this year. JAB should also get some time tonight. Last year when we beat Carolina at the Dome our big front line if Marek, Jessie and Guerrier shut down North Carolina and that was when they still had Kessler.

So many times a bench player has a break out game and then doesn’t see any time the next game. JB has done this over and over. He did it with Jessie constantly until this year. JAB should also get some time tonight. Last year when we beat Carolina at the Dome our big front line if Marek, Jessie and Guerrier shut down North Carolina and that was when they still had Kessler.
It sure would be great if we could pencil in those great performances going forward, but that isn't how it usually works. Every game poses different match ups, and sometimes the magic just isn't there in subsequent games.

Were they sipping tea? I picture them sipping tea with their little pinkies out and speaking in proper English accents. If not, don’t reply, because I don’t want you ruining my illusion.
Edit: I almost forgot the opera glasses.

More likely that they were wearing Under Armour and off-brand Tims while planning how many Lakers/Cowboys/Yankees games they might get to watch later this year.

Because from what I could tell the thousand or so "Duke fans" in the house on Saturday night maybe weren't the most die-hard supporters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom