Ok , Benny Williams | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Ok , Benny Williams

Boeheim didn't used to talk much about next year teams or players. He was careful about that. I remember getting excited one year when he spoke real positively about a team because that wasn't his MO. He also ended up being right. His words used to matter. Now, he just let's it fly.

Last edited:
Yeah, not that he cares about such things but he's setting himself up for arguably a bigger backlash than this year. I mean, unless a couple of those frosh are somehow significantly better at the high-major collegiate level than they were at the high school level...
Or the talking point becomes JB has coached thesd kids as freshman let him coach them mpre experienced.

I think next year could be marginally better than this year. A lack of experience but the team should be overall more athletic if we shed Buddy, Jimmy, and Cole

I think next year could be marginally better than this year. A lack of experience but the team should be overall more athletic if we shed Buddy, Jimmy, and Cole
I would like Cole back.
If you have Mintz, Girard, Edwards, Swider and a good transfer forward that potentially is a good team.
Notice how I don’t include mutliple freshman. They would be bench depth to provide quantity of options.

An athletic PG makes us a lot better potentially but we literally don’t have forward depth.
Cole has shown enough athleticism I wouldn’t mind him returning but if he doesn’t want to do it then best of luck he has helped the team this year.

Boeheim didn't use to talk much about next year teams or players. He was careful about that. I remember getting excited one year when he spoke real positively about a team because that wasn't his MO. He also ended up being right. His words used to matter. Now, he just let's it fly.
It was the Wes Johnson year

Im pretty sure the NCAA would.never allow it.
Why?
It’s not offensive.
Teams can put whatever they want on their jerseys as long as it isn’t offensive.

Why?
It’s not offensive.
Teams can put whatever they want on their jerseys as long as it isn’t offensive.
They steal candy from babies and kick puppies. It's the NCAA they will do whatever they want.

They steal candy from babies and kick puppies. It's the NCAA they will do whatever they want.
They wouldn’t care about that.
Again as long as the Jersey isn’t offensive you can design whatever you want.

They wouldn’t care about that.
Again as long as the Jersey isn’t offensive you can design whatever you want.
Im just trying to think back has a team ever wore jerseys without something univ related on it?

D0nke

you want to blow up a program and a class, have a coach retire after national signing day with no plan.
Let me ask you this - who brings in a better recruiting class in 2023?

JB, with whatever likely mediocre at best team results he gets coaching the team next year, and one year older with the same remaining questions about how many more years he can realistically go as an elderly man?

Or new Coach X, with a one year head start on establishing a new direction, selling PT hard?

If you say JB, be honest about it, and also share what exactly changes between now and then that makes us better.

Because I hate putting it this bluntly, but the odds that things get better from this point are really low.

Let me ask you this - who brings in a better recruiting class in 2023?

JB, with whatever likely mediocre at best team results he gets coaching the team next year, and one year older with the same remaining questions about how many more years he can realistically go as an elderly man?

Or new Coach X, with a one year head start on establishing a new direction, selling PT hard?

If you say JB, be honest about it, and also share what exactly changes between now and then that makes us better.

Because I hate putting it this bluntly, but the odds that things get better from this point are really low.
So you’re arguing to completely scrap a year and a signing class all so what? They can maybe bring in a good coach who will have to build off of an empty roster? Coach K was smart, made it clear there was a end date, JB will do the same and they will make the transition easier.

Sure. Why not?

Arizona who is of similar stature as us did that, lost their best player to Baylor and is now 25-3.

It takes one year to change this with the right coach.
That’s an exception, not the rule. If it was that easy then everyone would be doing it.

So you’re arguing to completely scrap a year and a signing class all so what? They can maybe bring in a good coach who will have to build off of an empty roster? Coach K was smart, made it clear there was a end date, JB will do the same and they will make the transition easier.
JB did this and then ignored it.

The fact you don’t see next year is likely worse than this year is the issue.
We aren’t bringing in studs who can plug and play.
This isn’t a class full of 5 stars who can make an immediate impact.

It’s a class in 2 years could be good. I don’t think many people are ready for another 2 year on the Boeheim drama train.
He isn’t going to fix this. He speaks out of his mouth to cover what the issue and knows how to spin.
Then will do what he wants.

Their was a recruit we were trying to get going against Duke and Georgia Tech we told him we would consider going man to man some.
We never were going to do that but we said it.

Boeheim is a legend but he’s not going to go quietly. There will be more drama.
His program is good at producing that.

Yes.

One year in the grand scheme of things isn't a big deal, or much to overcome.

The longer we let JB ride this out with poor results, the more we kick the can down the road, to the point where restoring the program likely takes many years.

You didn't answer my question - what changes between now and 2023 that makes us better? Be honest about it.

And as for your last comment that JB will put an end date - everything so far suggests he has no plans to do that.

So, either he dies on the job (I really don't mean to be macabre about that), or he no longer gets to make the decision.

That's the end game.

The fact you don’t see next year is likely worse than this year is the issue.
We aren’t bringing in studs who can plug and play.
This isn’t a class full of 5 stars who can make an immediate impact.

It’s a class in 2 years could be good. I don’t think many people are ready for another 2 year on the Boeheim drama train.
He isn’t going to fix this. He speaks out of his mouth to cover what the issue and knows how to spin.
Then will do what he wants.

Their was a recruit we were trying to get going against Duke and Georgia Tech we told him we would consider going man to man some.
We never were going to do that but we said it.

Boeheim is a legend but he’s not going to go quietly. There will be more drama.
His program is good at producing that.
But, JB said this is his best class ever?!?!?!!??

Sure. Why not?

Arizona who is of similar stature as us did that, lost their best player to Baylor, and is now 25-3.

It takes one year to change this with the right coach.
Arizona also had a lot of great talent and didn’t lose anyone besides James Akinjo.

Arizona also had a lot of great talent and didn’t lose anyone besides James Akinjo.
Yes they did. 4 of their top 6 scorers last year are gone. Those guys this year outside of Tubelis and Mathurin barely played last year and outside of Terry none of those kids were ranked in the top 75 out of high school.

Yes they did. 4 of their top 6 scorers last year are gone. Those guys this year outside of Tubelis and Mathurin barely played last year and outside of Terry none of those kids were ranked in the top 75 out of high school.
Cuse just needs better athletes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom