OK boys+girls...its that time of year again....PREASON PROGS | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OK boys+girls...its that time of year again....PREASON PROGS

same as last year. 7-5 win a bowl game and go 8-5

Cuse finishes 10-2. Losses to USC and Pitt. Win the Big East. Heads to BCS.

Toledo: W - People who think we lose this game have lost their mind

I honestly think it's more likely than a loss to Rutgers. Even in their "good" years, they seemed sluggish in the first few weeks.

Wake:W 31-14 Offense shows what it is capable of this season against a weak WF defense. Team dominates in front of electric crowd at the loud house.
URI: w 42-10 No let down here. Young guys show just how bright the future is against an inferior opponent.
USC: L 17-24 Orange travels west and has an impressive showing. Still not enough as they lose a tough one to the trojans.
Toledo: W 28-20 yes, Toledo is tough and will be better than expected, but Coach Marrone will have the squad ready after a tough loss out west.
Rutgers: W 34-17 The orange will continue its dominance of Rutgers in the Marrone era. Always a big game for recruiting, the loud house will be packed to watch SU dismantle the Scarlet Knights.
Tulane: W 21-10 Coach Marrones return trip to the big easy is a success. Team doesnt play as well as expected but does enough to come away with the win.
West Virginia: L 24-28 West Virginia comes to the dome and plays well to avenge last years home loss to the Orange. Sloppy play in this big game will cost Marrones bunch in the end.
Louisville: W 21-17 The young defense comes up big in the end to avenge last years loss to the Cardinals. Louisville takes a step back in year two under Charlie Strong.
Uconn: W 28-17 As much as this game means to Coach P, it will not be enough to propel the Huskies to a win against a Syracuse team that is hitting their stride and in the thick of the conference title race.
USF: W 31-28 The young defense struggles against BJ Daniels and the USF offense, but is able to make a late stop to lead the orange to its second straight victory over the Bulls.
Cincy: L 10-21 Zach Collaros and Co. come into the dome and play their best game of the season. Sloppy play on offense costs the Orange a trip to a BCS game.
Pitt: W 34-21 Syracuse rebounds from last weeks tough loss to Cincinnati and plays their best game of the season to end Pitt's recent dominance of the orange. A late TD pass by Nassib seals 2nd place in the Big East for Syracuse.

OVERALL: 9-3 Year 3 of the Doug Marrone era is a success as the program continues to head in the right direction. Syracuse finishes off the year with another impressive bowl showing and wins the Champs Sports Bowl laying the foundation for a trip to the BCS next year.

This scores and all except flip Pitt and Cinci results and scores. No way Cinci hold us to 10 points, and Pitt has had our number big time. Should be closer though, and never know what they'll have with the new coach.

Wake Forest - W
URI - W
USC - L
Toledo - W
Rutgers - W
West Virginia - L
Louisville - W
UConn - W
USF - L
Cincy - W
Pitt - L

8-5 after we win the Beef Bowl.

I'm feeling optimistic today.

WF: W (31-13)
RI: W (45-14)
USC: L (24-20)
Toledo: W (31-24)
RU: W (24-21)
Tulane: W (35-10)
WVU: L (35-14)
UL: W (31-17)
Uconn: W (21-17)
USF: W (24-21)
Cincy: W (45-30)
Pitt: L (20-17)

9-3 Overall, add a bowl win in the St. Pete bowl and we hit double digit W's.

Individual stats of note:
Jones - 13.5 sacks
Nassib - 2732 Yds, 21 TDs 9 Ints
Bailey - 1500 All purpose Yds
======================================================================

No Way SU goes 9-3 with Nassib putting up basically the same #s as last season - for a 9-3 season the passing attack is going to need to be markedly better.

======================================================================

No Way SU goes 9-3 with Nassib putting up basically the same #s as last season - for a 9-3 season the passing attack is going to need to be markedly better.
depends on whether all the numbers come against the worst teams. those numbers would be ok if they're less volatile from game to game. needs to get rid of the stinkers this year

8-4.

Wins against Wake, Rhode Island, Toledo, Rutgirls, Tulane, UConn, S Florida and Cincy.
Losses to USC, WV, Lville and Pitt.

9-4 following our bowl win!

This is exactly how I predict the season to go as well.

This.

I'd pick it this way as well, although I think we could have a legit shot of beating Pitt this year. It's been so long, we're due.

It's going to be 8-4, but I bet there is one unexpected loss and one unexpected win. Hopefully that win is at U$C because I'll be there!

First 6: 5-1
Homestretch: 3-3

I'll take it every day of the week and twice on Sunday because the trend continues upward with another Bowl W.

Ok all you Nostradamus' and Carnacs lets give it a whirl. As usual as in past years I'll keep the thread alive all year giving just props to the best predictor. Also as in years past the winner(s) get the thrill of knowing their #1 along with a night on the town with Kenny2 Penny! Here we go.

Game 1 SU 27 WF 23 After last years exciting seasons end the Domes once again electric to prod the team; the Oranges new higher octane offense sticks it to one of the worst D's again this year.

Game 2 SU 31 RI 17 Not as pretty as many would like but a solid W nonetheless, our young D not there yet, The Denver fulback (AAOM) starts to look like a junior "Bus"

Game 3 USC 38 SU17 USC is still USC dammit even with all their turmoil and we're still not yet old SU, traveling west is never kind to the Orangemen.

Game 4 SU 24 Toledo 23 The informed fan understands the difficulty of this one, the bandwagoners boo abit, but a win is a win

Game 5 SU 27 RU 21 We still have Monkey faces number and and SU keeps the balance of the universe as it should be. We start to see some successful use of Kinder in Wildcat type stuff

Game 6 SU 39 Tulane 20 Coach Marrone feels right back at home in NO shows the kids the sights and they have their best game of the year

Game 7 SU 17 WVU 16 For once the injury bug doesn't nag us and the week of rest previous to this is just gravy. SU is the surprise so far of the college football nation.

Game 8 UL 17 SU 13 After a great season so far Nassib has a bad game, the team finally has a let down after a huge emotional win and the good start to the season. Inevitable.

Game 9 UConn 21 SU20 P has his final piece to his psychological revenge tour tormenting all us who
weren't Pro P, giving schizophrenic delight (sad SU loses, happy for P) to the Pro P folks. Fields a mess, cold weather, cards just not in SU favor for this one.

Game 10 SU 24 USF 23 The mad intense genius that is Scott Shafer game plans to shut down Daniels and the young talent starts to really take root and contribute

Game 11 SU 30 Cincy 24 Ditto USF with Bailey having his best game of the year.

Game 12 Pitt 27 SU 23 Pitts talent is superior and they have a coach who knows how to use it. We used
to own Pitt for years, but now they've turned the table, HOWEVER,

we're 8-4 and going bowling once again (Pinstripe redux)!!, and it's still a very successful season overall all things considered where we'll all be marveling at the programs direction. This sets the tone for the following year where we'll be in the mix fighting for a BCS shot. Lets hear yours ladies and gents...

Syr 35 WF 7 Cuse pulls away in 3rd quarter
Syr 52 RI 7 good prep before SC
Syr 24 USC 21 gut feeling
Syr 31 Toledo 14 Cuse to quick
Syr 28 Rut 13 maroone does not loose to schiano
Syr 31 tulane 14 Cuse teams like NO
Syr 21 WV 17 Classic game Cuse pulls it out
Syr 24 Conn 14 we wont loose to them this year
USF 28 Syr 17 payback
Syr 14 Pitt 13 we go 11-1 win BE
Syr 35 ville 28 Cuse is the better team

WF: W 24-20
RI: W 38-17
USC: L 24-27
Toledo: W 24-14
Rutgers: W 34-20
Tulane: W 21-17
WV: W 42-38
Uconn: W 21-20
USF: L 17-23
Cin: W 37-34
Pitt: L 32-24
9-3 and we are heading to Orlando

I love the projections, but I think we're going to go 6 and 6.

Losses vs USC, Buttgers, WFVU, L'Ville, South FLA and Pitt.

I think we win the bowl to finish 7 and 6.

Now, 2012, that's the year where I think we make the leap...

Start out on fire but injuries and lack of depth hurt us late.

7-5 with losses to USC, WVU, Lville, Cinci, Pitt

Damn, I hope I'm wrong.

Wake Forest-W
Rhode Island-W
@Southern California-L
Toledo-W
Rutgers-W
@Tulane-W
West Virginia-W
@Louisville-L
@Connecticut-W
USF-L
Cincinnati-W
@Pittsburgh-L

8-4 bowling again.

Wake Forest: W - Shootout with 2 young defenses
URI: W
USC: L- Just too many athletes.
Toledo: W, but really tight.
Rutgers: W
Tulane: W
West Virginia: L - Payback for last year
Louisville: W - They lose 25 seniors, and good recruits usually can't fill that immediately. We win. Finally.
UConn: L - I see UCONN being insanely fired up for this one for obvious reasons.
USF: L- Year 2 of Skip Holtz, great talent- and hungry to knock us off.
Cincy: W
Pitt: L
Looking at 7-5. I would take this in a heartbeat...keep the forward progress going. Toss up games in my opinion are Toledo, UCONN, Cincy and Pitt.

Wake Forest: W - Major focus to play better at home... Double digit win.
URI: W - Loeb and Kinder get mop up duty.
USC: L - We've made nice strides athletically but not enough to run with the Trojans.
Toledo: W - Not as worried about this game as others seem to be.
Rutgers: W - First BE game is huge. Cuse throttles Rutgers.
Tulane: W - Marrone makes Sean Payton proud.
West Virginia: L - Too much Geno this year.
Louisville: W - Marrone outduels Strong.
UConn: W - Sorry P.
USF: W - Nassib better than Daniels
Cincy: L - Lose a close one at the end.
Pitt: Loss: W - I think Pitt is overrated and will be a middle of the pack BE team this year.

9-3... just shy of BCS bowl.

Here's comes debbie downer. I hope I'm wrong!

Wake Forest-L - When's the last time we won a season opener at home?
Rhode Island-W - Easy win.
@Southern California-L - Probable Loss
Toledo-L -We either lose 2 Toledo or Buttgers not both.
Rutgers-W - We either lose 2 Toledo or Buttgers not both.
@Tulane-W - Nice win on the road.
West Virginia-L - Another disappointing loss at home.
@Louisville-W - Finally get one from Lville after 2 years of losses.
@Connecticut-L - Bad weather costs us game.
USF-W - Bounce back to a win at home.
Cincinnati-W - Two in a row at home.
@Pittsburgh-L - Pitt is too much for us.

6-6, a Beef O Bradys bowl vs ECU. Ruffin Pirate crashes the new site with his animated purple hippo. We exact revenge with a sweet win.

7-6

Wake- W
URI- W
@USC- L
Toledo- W
Rutgers- W
@Tulane- W
WVU- L
@Louisville- W
@UCONN- W
USF- L
Cincy- L
@PITT- L

7-5...and I will be in attendance at whatever bowl game we go to

14-0 and after the BCS Championship game the Cuse goes to the Super Bowl and crushes the Jets.

7-6 and I really don't like the 5 days between the UConn and USF games.

Ok all you Nostradamus' and Carnacs lets give it a whirl. As usual as in past years I'll keep the thread alive all year giving just props to the best predictor. Also as in years past the winner(s) get the thrill of knowing their #1 along with a night on the town with Kenny2 Penny! Here we go.

Game 1 SU 27 WF 23 After last years exciting seasons end the Domes once again electric to prod the team; the Oranges new higher octane offense sticks it to one of the worst D's again this year.

Ok looks like almost everybody got the the WFU game right, except one person (and you know who you are OD) :) Lets hope next week is a tad less dramatic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom