Ok, now I'm ready for bug reports, suggestions, etc | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Ok, now I'm ready for bug reports, suggestions, etc

Do you like the new script

• Total voters
Like that it’s more subtle now. Not so much in-your-face orange.

Don’t like: hard to glance at read/unread threads easily. And logo looks super dated now. If you have some examples, and the file requirements, I’d be happy to make a new one at work.

Off topic hidden stuff, shows up on new posts. Dunno if you want them there...ignore feature for that stuff?

Ah, I think I finally get it. There's an addon which allows you to ignore a specific forum. I'll move that up on the list to reinstall.

For some reason I cannot post if my browser is Safari but it works fine using Google Chrome.

Like that it’s more subtle now. Not so much in-your-face orange.

Don’t like: hard to glance at read/unread threads easily. And logo looks super dated now. If you have some examples, and the file requirements, I’d be happy to make a new one at work.

Time to break out the Script font!!!!

Search function doesn't appear to be working. It can only find content from January 2015 or earlier.

It can't find anything from the last 3.5 years.

Love the new look. Excellent job! I use the “New Post” view exclusively. Under the old format I was able to hide any Off-topic threads from this view. Now that it has been redesigned Off Topic threads are appearing. I for get how the suppression of Off Topic threads from the New Post view was set up. Can you look into this for me? Thanks!!

Most everything looks good, an improvement in my mind. Previously I was able to mark each forum as read, now it appears that I can mark all forums as read only. Would like to see the ability to mark each forum read, as before.

I noticed my iPhone view is different than iPad. Any ideas? Color scheme etc

Most everything looks good, an improvement in my mind. Previously I was able to mark each forum as read, now it appears that I can mark all forums as read only. Would like to see the ability to mark each forum read, as before.
There is a button on the top right of the screen that says “mark read”. That’s the one you use to mark only one forum as read, not the “mark forums read” text at the top middle of the screen. I had the same problem until I discovered it yesterday evening. It’s a lot more obvious on the mobile view.

Two things I’ve noticed:

1. I can’t post from my laptop (some may view that as a feature, not a bug). The place at the bottom where I would usually post within a thread has my icon and a box to attach files, but my cursor won’t go there to actually type anything.

2. On the search function, trying to search for post by particular posters doesn’t pull their exact name up once you start typing like the old script did, and it doesn’t show posts more recent than May 2017.

It’s a process, so I’m not complaining, just pointing out what I’ve seen.

I can't post on Safari on an older ipad running ios9.

New ipad and iphone running ios11 seem to work OK.

I’m using safari with iOS 11.3.1. Seems fine for me.

When scrolling there's the top bar that stays locked in place. There's "Home" "forums" ect.

Can we get the "New Posts" up there too? I realize I could hit "what's new", then hit "new posts"... Maybe replace "what's new" with "new posts"?

Edit - Just realized that I can click the down arrow on "what's new" then hit "new posts". Still two clicks, but works for me

In Internet Explorer, the "Attach files" box is sitting right where the "write your reply" box is in Google. In Internet Explorer, I can put my cursor in the box, but right-clicking does not activate ability to type. It seems to accept the reply function, but of course since I can't type anything, there is nothing to send. I haven't bothered to see if I could attach a file to send, but it will go to a search for a file, so I suppose it might do that. Just can't type.

When scrolling there's the top bar that stays locked in place. There's "Home" "forums" ect.

Can we get the "New Posts" up there too? I realize I could hit "what's new", then hit "new posts"... Maybe replace "what's new" with "new posts"?

Edit - Just realized that I can click the down arrow on "what's new" then hit "new posts". Still two clicks, but works for me

Two clicks. I bet that’s a killer for you. Lol.

Two clicks. I bet that’s a killer for you. Lol.

I prefer my work distractions be as clickless as possible, thank you very much.

I actually hate using my mouse, in a perfect world my hands would never leave the keyboard.

Can we can an option for a "dark" theme? When reading the forum at night, or in dimly lit areas, the background is pretty bright, although the light grey definitely helps. Maybe its just my old eyes and I can turn down the display brightness but having an option to have a darker theme (mainly background) would be fantastic.

Thanks for all the hard work in making this site user friendly.

Is it also possible to bring back the bold title fonts to indicate new content in threads and to have read posts show titles in normal font? I found that feature to be very useful for quickly seeing if there is new content in a thread I may have already read. Currently, it appears all title threads are in bold. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The redesign is growing on me -- thanks for the dedication to this site.

On my laptop though, when I click on a thread that I have already visited it takes me to the first post instead of the first unread. Using a Macbook Pro with Chrome, if that helps.

Seems like most of the problem posts must be due to types of browsers, software, etc.
I have had none of these problems and love the new format.

within-thread search function is not working for me

There is a button on the top right of the screen that says “mark read”. That’s the one you use to mark only one forum as read, not the “mark forums read” text at the top middle of the screen. I had the same problem until I discovered it yesterday evening. It’s a lot more obvious on the mobile view.
Thanks, I see it now that you pointed it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom