OK, so who do we root for today? | Syracusefan.com

OK, so who do we root for today?

I think that Duke and UVa are at worst 3 seeds, regardless of today's games. OTOH, we root for Baylor over ISU, Providence over Creighton, UL over UConn, and against Michigan State.

I think that Duke and UVa are at worst 3 seeds, regardless of today's games. OTOH, we root for Baylor over ISU, Providence over Creighton, UL over UConn, and against Michigan State.
I think the only teams that affect Buffalo in your list are possibly MSU; but we should be seeded ahead of MSU.

Duke, UVA, and Creighton will be seeded ahead of us regardless.
UL, ISU could possibly bump us if they win.

I'm rooting for NC State just because.

I really don't care about CBB too much today.

Ill get excited again tomorrow night until I find out we lost Buffalo and are the 4 in Floridas bracket.

I'm rooting for NC State just because.

I really don't care about CBB too much today.

Ill get excited again tomorrow night until I find out we lost Buffalo and are the 4 in Floridas bracket.
That would mean we'd be 16 on the S-Curve. There's not 15 better resumes than us.

If the goal is:
1) a 3 seed, or a 4 seed in Buffalo
2) the opportunity to backdoor into MSG as a 3 seed

I think if we just want Buffalo, that Michigan St game is critical. Staying on the 3 line would also keep us safe... so go Providence, Baylor, New Mexico, UConn. We don't need them all to happen... maybe just one.

Now if we want MSG it gets complicated.

I think we want Wisconsin to salvage that last #1 seed. I am not confident that Michigan would get it, even if they pulled of the B10 double (they may, but not sure) Don't want Duke, Nova or Virginia to get that #1. We want Nova as the best #2 somehow (or at least be better than Duke) - so they be the 2 in the East behind Wisconsin.

Then we need things that keep us on the 3 line.

So what I would like today:

Really need to happen:
Wisconsin over Michigan St
Pitt over Virginia

Need a few to happen
Ohio St over Michigan
Baylor over Iowa St
UConn over Louisville
New Mexico over San Diego St
Providence over Creighton
NC St over Duke

We need Duke/Virginia not to be the ACC Champion in the end. This gives Nova the #2 in the East. Duke stays on the 2 line.

Then it becomes us vs Virginia on the 3 line for the spot in MSG (as long as we are on the 3 line). I am confident that if the full resume is compared we can get that spot. The earlier Virginia loses the better.

Last night, I put Syracuse in MSG at 1.2%. After further reflection, I have raised it to 4.4%.

I am excited about today, as a college basketball fan. Even if we crapped the bed yesteday.

The race for the last #1 seed (even in the end if it means little) is still intriguing to me and is wide open.

I would like some sort of bubble buster - so I am cheering for St. Bonaventure to pull off the A-10. Even Georgia or Ole Miss in the SEC final tomorrow, as far fetched as that seems.

That would mean we'd be 16 on the S-Curve. There's not 15 better resumes than us.

The 4 line typically ends up being a puzzle because of conference rules. So anybody from 13-16 on the seed list could be matched with Florida.

I think if we are a 4 it is unlikely we play Florida, because one of Duke or Virginia would be in the south above us.

I'm rooting for a lot of wine, although beer and pizza are also on my s-curve.

I concur.
Yeah but you wouldn't be excited if SU were still undefeated and had a secured 1 seed, would you? Because there would still be things to find fault with, wouldn't there?

Teams to root for
Pittsburgh
NC State
Michigan
Wisconsin
Baylor
Providence
UConn-Louisville is lose/lose

If the goal is:
1) a 3 seed, or a 4 seed in Buffalo
2) the opportunity to backdoor into MSG as a 3 seed

I think if we just want Buffalo, that Michigan St game is critical. Staying on the 3 line would also keep us safe... so go Providence, Baylor, New Mexico, UConn. We don't need them all to happen... maybe just one.

Now if we want MSG it gets complicated.

I think we want Wisconsin to salvage that last #1 seed. I am not confident that Michigan would get it, even if they pulled of the B10 double (they may, but not sure) Don't want Duke, Nova or Virginia to get that #1. We want Nova as the best #2 somehow (or at least be better than Duke) - so they be the 2 in the East behind Wisconsin.

Then we need things that keep us on the 3 line.

So what I would like today:

Really need to happen:
Wisconsin over Michigan St
Pitt over Virginia

Need a few to happen
Ohio St over Michigan
Baylor over Iowa St
UConn over Louisville
New Mexico over San Diego St
Providence over Creighton
NC St over Duke

We need Duke/Virginia not to be the ACC Champion in the end. This gives Nova the #2 in the East. Duke stays on the 2 line.

Then it becomes us vs Virginia on the 3 line for the spot in MSG (as long as we are on the 3 line). I am confident that if the full resume is compared we can get that spot. The earlier Virginia loses the better.

Last night, I put Syracuse in MSG at 1.2%. After further reflection, I have raised it to 4.4%.
Good analysis! IMO if all that happened the committee would put SU in MSG over UVA even if they have the better resume...ticket sales wins out.

Virginia losing to pitt opens up possibility that we are just ahead of them since a pitt loss is very comparable to our nc state loss yesterday

pitt(with pitt win today):
rpi-38
vs top 25 rpi- 2-6
vs top 50 rpi- 3-6
vs top 100 rpi- 8-8
sos- 80

nc state:
rpi-52
vs top 25 rpi-1-6
vs top 50 rpi- 3-8
vs top 100 rpi-6-9
sos-26