OK, What are the Best Restaurants in Syracuse these Days? | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

OK, What are the Best Restaurants in Syracuse these Days?

I would be curious as to add to this. What is your favorite watering hole in Syracuse area.

I would be curious as to add to this. What is your favorite watering hole in Syracuse area.
Shifty's and Scotch & Sirloin (in winter). I like the Stoop's 2nd floor bar. Willow Rock.
Dark Horse, too, but I don't usually go there just for drinks.

While I have a number of bars that I really like in Syracuse, I find myself most frequently at one of The Evergreen, Kitty Hoynes or Empire. I'd also throw in Now and Later, Hops Spot, Press Room and Blue Tusk. A dark horse candidate would be Chadwick's in Eastwood - great place to watch games.

Guys...Carrarabas? Really?
Hosts the jim boeheim show and the owners a massive cuse fan. Not surprised some people on here enjoy their time there.

Places I tend to go are when I visit are Limerick, Swallows, Blarney, Steves's. Watched a few games at the Change of pace which was not bad. I'm sure I will think of more. I like to hear of new and different places

Shifty's and Scotch & Sirloin (in winter). I like the Stoop's 2nd floor bar. Willow Rock.
Dark Horse, too, but I don't usually go there just for drinks.

Scotch is definitely nice in winter. Always seems like the coldest Labatts in Syracuse. Used to go around the corner to Carmelo's I think it was called as well. It was off Bridge st I think. Stand alone place

While that’s pretty cool and I do enjoy Carabbas from time to time, in this thread I kind of feel like it’s the equivalent of Michael Scott going to Sbarro for pizza in NYC.
I’ll be the first to say Syracuse Italian leaves much to be desired. Francesca’s is pretty good. Pasta’s is good. Does Asti’s count? Love that place. Joeys/Santangelos/Dom’s meh.

Grimaldi’s can be good. Tony’s on Burnett is low key but has a great lunch.

I’ll be the first to say Syracuse Italian leaves much to be desired. Francesca’s is pretty good. Pasta’s is good. Does Asti’s count? Love that place. Joeys/Santangelos/Dom’s meh.

Grimaldi’s can be good. Tony’s on Burnett is low key but has a great lunch.

Joeys and Santangelos are outstanding.

Joeys and Santangelos are outstanding.

Went to Santangelos a few months ago, didn’t love it. Joey’s, I’ve been twice, cool restaurant but the food’s not outstanding.

Went to Santangelos a few months ago, didn’t love it. Joey’s, I’ve been twice, cool restaurant but the food’s not outstanding.
Upstairs or down?

You have bad taste buds.

I’ll probably be back, but compared to other options in Syracuse they didnt measure up. I paid for the meals, service was great, just don’t think the food measured up. Nothing personal 0307, strictly business.

Went there (Arad not Bob) with the lady for a special dinner. Delish but $$$

I've been to Arad Evans a number of times going back at least a decade. I have always found it to be hit and miss. The menu is always interesting but it very much depends on what you order.

When it works, it is really good but I've also ordered a number of things that look good on paper but just don't work. The good news is that It tends to be much more hit than miss...The problem is, at those prices, when you get a miss, it is that much more disappointing.

Really good wine list and very nice atmosphere...and service is generally good.

Anyone know anything about Atillio’s on James?

I’ll probably be back, but compared to other options in Syracuse they didnt measure up. I paid for the meals, service was great, just don’t think the food measured up. Nothing personal 0307, strictly business.
I hate paying for italian. It's noodles and sauce. That said, Nick and Angelo's in Liverpool and Tassone's in Baldwinsville are pretty good.