Class of 2014 - OL Aaron Roberts (IL) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OL Aaron Roberts (IL) Offered

This further enhances the belief about recruiting further than the driving radius- say 5 hours. It's not that flipping easy to get kids to visit on their own dime when they have to fly.

The roster benchmark for depth is 15 guys. If you graduate 3 you need to bring in 3. Should always maintain the benchmark number.

The roster benchmark for depth is 15 guys. If you graduate 3 you need to bring in 3. Should always try to maintain the benchmark number.

Fixed. Ideally, yes. Some years you may have more, some less, depending on the depth of the graduating HS class at the position and also the needs at your other positions. It's a dynamic thing that is influenced by academic casualities, injuries, defections and guys that go pro early (my preferred reason). I will say though, that you shouldn't be off by more than +/- 1 or 2 or you wind up with imbalances that take multiple classes to correct.

This further enhances the belief about recruiting further than the driving radius- say 5 hours. It's not that flipping easy to get kids to visit on their own dime when they have to fly.

The roster benchmark for depth is 15 guys. If you graduate 3 you need to bring in 3. Should always maintain the benchmark number.

Exactly . Chicago to Syracusr isn't exactly an easy drive . This won't be the last time this happens

Would be great to get Roberts, but looking over our OL depth (if everyone pans out) we are relatively young in all areas along the OL.

Next Year's Potential OL Group
Tackles - Knapp (So.), Hickey (Sr., if not NFL), Foy (Jr.), Burton (RF most likely), Kendall Moore (RF most likely)
Guards - Trudo (Jr.), Robinson (Jr.), Palmer (So.), Miller (Jr.), Lasker (RSo.? or Jr.)
Center - Emerich (So.), Hayes (RF)

Those aren't terrible numbers. Granted there will be a few that do not pan out, and injuries will undoubtedly happen, but I'd feel comfortable with that starting five of Knapp, Foy, Trudo, Robinson and Emerich if Hickey leaves early. If he doesn't, even better.

Depth may be a potential issue depending on how a few of the JUCO's/current freshmen pan out but that's basically the case every year.

That being said, I think it would be nice to get at least one tackle in this recruiting class to mitigate the potential of Hickey leaving early.

I'm sorry but that is not good depth at all especially considering we most likely lose 2 of our best lineman in Mackey and Hickey. We have a couple projects mixed in there . We need to bring in st least 3 lineman this class

I agree that I don't like these last minute cancellations but having kids visit and pick another school is going to happen. As far as commitments I think you are going to see a slowing down for everyone. In a lot of areas kids are already starting practice and school starts in just a few weeks. Just logistics wise for many of these kids to make visits now it is probably not going to happen until officials and for some not until their season is over.

I'm sorry but that is not good depth at all especially considering we most likely lose 2 of our best lineman in Mackey and Hickey. We have a couple projects mixed in there . We need to bring in st least 3 lineman this class

Sorry, was trying to look at the bright side?

In any event - people who get worried over recruiting in August are going to give themselves way too much stress.

He's playing a dangerous game - I hope there is still room here when does decide to commit.

Exactly . Chicago to Syracusr isn't exactly an easy drive . This won't be the last time this happens

once you get into Indiana it's like the autobahn were 90 mph are the norm until a trooper nails you, it's a straight shot. much better ride than I-95

He's playing a dangerous game - I hope there is still room here when does decide to commit.

If kids are looking to play bcs level football and only have 1 or 2 offers they have to be very careful how they play things. sure they could gamble and let things play out, but you run the risk of spots filling up. Especially with the accelerated cycle this could start happening more and more. I'm sure Roberts feels that he will land safely be it either Illinois or Syracuse, but you just never know. What happens if we get a commitment from Kadeem Smith and then a surprise commitment from one of our OT prospects? He could be left going to New Mexico, then Mom really wouldn't be happy.

Roberts rescheduled for 9/14. That explains it, not only did he want to get the freebie official but he has Wagner fever!

Mike 9h
Aaron Roberts has rescheduled his Cuse visit for September 14 for an official. He will decide after that. Cuse plays Wagner that weekend.

Mike 9h
Aaron Roberts has rescheduled his Cuse visit for September 14 for an official. He will decide after that. Cuse plays Wagner that weekend.

That sucks, crowd will be dead.

That sucks, crowd will be dead.

Maybe not. This is the first home game and this will be the first time most of the fans can see what this new coaching staff is about in person. Also if they win PSU and NU it will help.

Maybe not. This is the first home game and this will be the first time most of the fans can see what this new coaching staff is about in person. Also if they win PSU and NU it will help.

I hope you're right CL because past history shows that the Dome crowd in games that are considered a "gimme" tend to sit on their hands unless SU scores or is being threatened.

I hope you're right CL because past history shows that the Dome crowd in games that are considered a "gimme" tend to sit on their hands unless SU scores or is being threatened.

Home opener crowds get pretty juiced up unless shot gun snaps fly over the qb's head. I think the Wagner turnout will be good and stay wired if the players handle their business.

Aaron Roberts@D1_Roberts18h
Got major love from Syracuse today!!!!! pic.twitter.com/A4KiT7ajxO
BRf2MNGCYAA7gaV.jpg

Article about it on syracuse.com

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...cruit_aaron_roberts.html#incart_river_default

Aaron Roberts@D1_Roberts13h
I swear some schools will regret not offering me if they don't already

Rocco - sounds like AR already has a chip on his shoulder - making him the perfect HCSS recruit!

I used to have that many letters from SU on my desk too, only they were of the parking violation variety.

I still have mine, what’s the statute of limitations for the campus? LOL

Aaron Roberts@D1_Roberts 26m
Just got some love from New Mexico sending hand written letters from every coach! #Love

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom