Class of 2014 - OL Aaron Roberts (IL) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OL Aaron Roberts (IL) Offered

I saw those Tweets, sounds like he must have some family and friends in his ear. He looked like a done deal by the end of the weekend. Crap!

I saw those Tweets, sounds like he must have some family and friends in his ear. He looked like a done deal by the end of the weekend. Crap!

I wish they would have one of the other 2014s on campus... maybe Naes.

I was afraid of that.

He did tweet this at 2am our time. I would assume he hasn't even let the staff know yet, maybe we will be able to convince him to try and make the trip if it wasn't anything logistically that was the cause of cancelling.

Haha. What a twist! I unfollowed too much going on. Giving me a headache.

@D1_Roberts: Any new offers will be strongly considered

So weird. Seemed all in one minute, now all out. Totally strange.

1.jpg

So weird. Seemed all in one minute, now all out. Totally strange.

Agreed.

Can't imagine that they pulled the offer a day before he was slated to visit. They might have if he informed them that he wasn't coming [or issued an ultimatum of sorts].

Haha. What a twist! I unfollowed too much going on. Giving me a headache.

@D1_Roberts: Any new offers will be strongly considered

Looks like he deleted it.

Agreed.

Can't imagine that they pulled the offer a day before he was slated to visit. They might have if he informed them that he wasn't coming [or issued an ultimatum of sorts].

Would be great to get Roberts, but looking over our OL depth (if everyone pans out) we are relatively young in all areas along the OL.

Next Year's Potential OL Group
Tackles - Knapp (So.), Hickey (Sr., if not NFL), Foy (Jr.), Burton (RF most likely), Kendall Moore (RF most likely)
Guards - Trudo (Jr.), Robinson (Jr.), Palmer (So.), Miller (Jr.), Lasker (RSo.? or Jr.)
Center - Emerich (So.), Hayes (RF)

Those aren't terrible numbers. Granted there will be a few that do not pan out, and injuries will undoubtedly happen, but I'd feel comfortable with that starting five of Knapp, Foy, Trudo, Robinson and Emerich if Hickey leaves early. If he doesn't, even better.

Depth may be a potential issue depending on how a few of the JUCO's/current freshmen pan out but that's basically the case every year.

That being said, I think it would be nice to get at least one tackle in this recruiting class to mitigate the potential of Hickey leaving early.

Having recruited young athletes (For Junior Hockey) before I can tell you. When the offer is there and they find the team offering other players at the same positions, some kids just totally back off. Some kids dont want competition, at all. Also what I can tell you is middle of the road prospects are much more high maintenance that highly rated prospects. Could be the case here perhaps not.

Latest word is Roberts still plans on visiting Cuse, probably an official, and may make officials to Illinois and any new offers that come along that he likes. People whispering in his ear may have been more about slowing things down, taking visits on someone else's dime, seeing what else comes in. Nothing like following the whims of 17 year olds so closely, eh?!

Bever a good sign when a recruit cancels a 3 day visit to one of his top 2 schools then goes to watch the other team's practice.

yeah just saw that tweet from him. not sure about you Whitey, but I am about ready to waive the flag and move on from this one. Unreal.

As good as this class is so far I have never seen so many recruiting visits cancelled at the last second and so many recruiting trajectories suddenly due a 180 in one recruiting season. Absolutely bizarre and not good for us, we needed this commit.

No one position and/or player makes a recruiting season good or bad. End of the day, got to have kids regardless of the number of stars they may, or may not have, that buy into what HCSS is selling. We could fill our entire recruiting roster with 4 and 5 stars from across the country that haven't panned out at other colleges they chose because they didn't buy into the system that the coach sold them on. Most important to me is kids like AJ and Zaire, all in, and buying into the program. That is what we need. The positions will work out in due time.

As good as this class is so far I have never seen so many recruiting visits cancelled at the last second and so many recruiting trajectories suddenly due a 180 in one recruiting season. Absolutely bizarre and not good for us, we needed this commit.

Agreed, a lot of last second cancellations or non commitments when we thought we were getting someone.

Honestly I thought we were going to blow the doors off this recruiting cycle, ala Mike Locksley at New Mexico. He came in and immediately recruited a like top 20 class... at New Mexico! He couldn't coach, but he sure can/could recruit.

Would be great to get Roberts, but looking over our OL depth (if everyone pans out) we are relatively young in all areas along the OL.

Next Year's Potential OL Group
Tackles - Knapp (So.), Hickey (Sr., if not NFL), Foy (Jr.), Burton (RF most likely), Kendall Moore (RF most likely)
Guards - Trudo (Jr.), Robinson (Jr.), Palmer (So.), Miller (Jr.), Lasker (RSo.? or Jr.)
Center - Emerich (So.), Hayes (RF)

Those aren't terrible numbers. Granted there will be a few that do not pan out, and injuries will undoubtedly happen, but I'd feel comfortable with that starting five of Knapp, Foy, Trudo, Robinson and Emerich if Hickey leaves early. If he doesn't, even better.

Depth may be a potential issue depending on how a few of the JUCO's/current freshmen pan out but that's basically the case every year.

That being said, I think it would be nice to get at least one tackle in this recruiting class to mitigate the potential of Hickey leaving early.

That is not good depth. We need to pull in at least 1 OT and 1 OG this year or we are in trouble.

Agreed, a lot of last second cancellations or non commitments when we thought we were getting someone.

Honestly I thought we were going to blow the doors off this recruiting cycle, ala Mike Locksley at New Mexico. He came in and immediately recruited a like top 20 class... at New Mexico! He couldn't coach, but he sure can/could recruit.
Sure, if you let kids get roasted and drive your sports car. His whole shtick was a giant (legitimate) violation waiting to be uncovered.

That is not good depth. We need to pull in at least 1 OT and 1 OG this year or we are in trouble.

Agree 100%, we need at least three linemen in this class in my opinion. To much unproven depth right now on the roster. Roberts would be a huge get.

Some of that is part of the recruiting process but it seems this year we have seen a lot more then normal. I think this staff has done a good job recruiting and has a nice class but issues like this and a few others are stopping me from saying this staff is doing a "great" job on the trail. Lots of time left but were truly aiming for a higher end class (top 40) we need to pick it up across the board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom